wes

Jason Traps Quick Q&A

She had a lot of stamina. It didn't matter if Jason found you, you almost always got away. Plus him chasing you down ate up a lot of his time giving everyone else a chance to do objectives.

Sure and I think that's fine if she became a late unlock.

Edit: I also just thought to add that Vanessa really wasn't that bad to kill. You slash her until you run her around depleting that stamina pool while getting slashes in to slow her down and then go in for the kill. I really didn't have an issue with her.

She had a lot of stamina. It didn't matter if Jason found you, you almost always got away. Plus him chasing you down ate up a lot of his time giving everyone else a chance to do objectives.

That is the one thing about the game that makes me nervous. That it will become a marathon fest to spam Jason around. Only option on her is to use J5 and throw blades like playing William Tell. 

That is the one thing about the game that makes me nervous. That it will become a marathon fest to spam Jason around. Only option on her is to use J5 and throw blades like playing William Tell.

We will have to wait and see! It's going to be exciting to see what they came up with. And if things go very sour they could just patch it I feel.

I think personally if the players to decide to try and gang up on jason for repeated hits while he is down. that he does that kill he did to the sheriff when he was hitting him with the rock on the head in part 5. The contortionist back break.

the trap system adds more potential fear and tension, which will raise the value of items, weapons, team effort, and players supporting/defending trapped counselors until they break free.

it also remedies the pacing, whereas escaping is still looking to be too easy and too fast.   this genre shouldn't have a rush design to its pacing, and traps can help avoid counselors from steamrolling out of the map like summer's just starting.

the one thing though is that they should try to make traps not look easy to spot, and textures could play a large factor in their discovery.   Overall in my opinion, traps should be invisible (at least in grass) until sprung.

If the devs took the covered trap texture (it's a pile of leaves right?) and randomized a number those harmless leaf piles on the ground all around the map, I think it would shake things up a bit.  Keep people on their toes....including the Jason's if they can get caught in their own traps.

• Like 2

If the devs took the covered trap texture (it's a pile of leaves right?) and randomized a number those harmless leaf piles on the ground all around the map, I think it would shake things up a bit. Keep people on their toes....including the Jason's if they can get caught in their own traps.

Yes! Finally a decent idea on this subject! Even better would be if the colors of the leaves on Jason's traps are randomzed to blend in with surrounding leaves.

Hell, to help hide them on the roads and in well lit areas set a wind mechanic where fallen leaves can be blown around the map. Make counselors actually think about whether to walk or run when stepping into unfamiliar territory (places you haven't been to during the current match).

If we're going to be disarming traps may as well make them hard to spot.

How many times during the series did Jason use traps?

Except for the snare in part 2, I don't recall any others.

How many times during the series did Jason use traps?

Except for the snare in part 2, I don't recall any others.

Bear trap in the reboot. 

I don't count the reboot...

????????

I hated that movie.....

the only good parts are

1.) the Aquafina joke at the beginning...

2:) the sex scene with trey and the big breasted hottie.

The rest of that movie was trash to me as a "Jason" film

• Like 1

I hated that movie.....

the only good parts are

Well, in that case the rope snare was it. 

It may be only one time in the movies, but the fact that he did opens up possibilities. Now I don't expect to be using very elaborate traps like trip mines (or any explosives for that matter), poison darts. or swinging spikes of doom...that would be totally unrealistic and way off kilter. Simple disposable snare-like traps though I'd see him using on occasion. (small animal traps, which is what wes showed us; not full blown bear traps like the counselors use against him) 

I really like the traps idea, but I would like to see Jason with a choice of different types of traps

• Door trap - Counselor opens the door, blade swings down and hurts the counselor, door broken some as well
  • Window trap - Counselor goes through the window, window closes and pins them for an amount of time
  • Road trap - Car drives over it, blows a tire.  Counselors have to hop out and change the tire
  • Radio trap (not the call Tommy radio) - Counselor turns on the radio, gets shocked
  • Jason sound trap - Invisible to counselors, Counselor steps on it, the Jason music starts up at that point
  • Jason alert trap - Invisible to counselors, Counselor steps on it, Jason gets a sound alert, no damage or effect on counselors otherwise
  • Jason leaf covered bear trap - Just like bear trap
  • Evil Jack-in-box - Counselor triggers it, they drop everything they are carrying and their fear goes up a lot

It would also be interesting if Jason could choose to have a few random traps placed around the map automatically.  Perhaps a perk to "trap three random windows" at the start of the game

I really like the traps idea, but I would like to see Jason with a choice of different types of traps

• Door trap - Counselor opens the door, blade swings down and hurts the counselor, door broken some as well
  • Window trap - Counselor goes through the window, window closes and pins them for an amount of time
  • Road trap - Car drives over it, blows a tire.  Counselors have to hop out and change the tire
  • Radio trap (not the call Tommy radio) - Counselor turns on the radio, gets shocked
  • Jason sound trap - Invisible to counselors, Counselor steps on it, the Jason music starts up at that point
  • Jason alert trap - Invisible to counselors, Counselor steps on it, Jason gets a sound alert, no damage or effect on counselors otherwise
  • Evil Jack-in-box - Counselor triggers it, they drop everything they are carrying and their fear goes up a lot

It would also be interesting if Jason could choose to have a few random traps placed around the map automatically.  Perhaps a perk to "trap three random windows" at the start of the game

This won't happen. Jason has never used a radio to electrocute a teen or a jack in the box, etc. 

The window trap happens a bit, but without the goofiness. He simply breaks it and those who use it thereafter cut themselves. 

The bear traps Jason uses he'll cover in foilage, as Wes noted when the topic was brought up. 

For the most part, most of these don't make sense in a Friday the 13th game. They sound like they'd be fun in a more generic horror game though.

I just really hope Jason has a Beartrap/Trap kill where he shoves their face into the trap.

I hated that movie.....
the only good parts are

I didn't HATE the reboot, it just wasn't amazing.

I actually liked the first half of the movie, the first little segment at the beginning with the beartrap, the sleeping bag over the fire kill and the floor stab scene where actually pretty good IMO.

Its just that the further you got into the move the less creative it became. And the ending was ass.

I would love to see the tree deadfall trap, like he used in part 2. An upside down counselor at your mercy would be classic. If that counselor had a knife then they could cut themselves down, but it would take time, like the couselor 'escape' mechanic once Jason grabs you.

I would love to see the tree deadfall trap, like he used in part 2. An upside down counselor at your mercy would be classic. If that counselor had a knife then they could cut themselves down, but it would take time, like the couselor 'escape' mechanic once Jason grabs you.

That's a snare,a deadfall would involve a trap that would swing or drop a heavy log towards the target.

I just really hope Jason has a Beartrap/Trap kill where he shoves their face into the trap.

I didn't HATE the reboot, it just wasn't amazing.

I actually liked the first half of the movie, the first little segment at the beginning with the beartrap, the sleeping bag over the fire kill and the floor stab scene where actually pretty good IMO.

Its just that the further you got into the move the less creative it became. And the ending was ass.

Jason sharpening his machete on a grinding wheel, being all methodical and tortuous,

It just felt wrong to a classic slasher fan.