wes

Total File Size of Game

This makes sense Wes. Thank you. When you put it that way... it makes sense. You guys don't have any video except the opening short scene. I guess the file size gets racheted up with all the cinematic videos in other games.

I don't give a fuck if its 1 GB, a good game is a good game. This looks like it's going to be great.

I assume over time, we'll get more maps, weapons... kills and other things in enchance it?

Yes of course. As more content goes in, it'll get bigger. Single player will add 2 maybe 2.5 gb. We have plans for more goodies, that's for sure. ;)

• Like 4

Please Wes, stop this joke. Ive e mailed the official friday the 13th the game page multiple times. They said "targeting 25-30 GB. 3.20 GB is not possible for a game of this magnitude,im really supposed to believe this game is as big a file size as the small old time hockey arcade game? BAHAHAAAAAAAAA!

If I'm lying I will shave my mustache off and live stream it on twitch.

-W

• Like 4

It just seems too good to just be 3.2. You're really saying that all of what we've seen and what we haven't is only that size? It just looks like it should be 30. Kudos to you guys. But yeah another date to say this would have been better received lol.

-W

All I will say is if this is indeed the file size, I want your company to work on more games. I t would save a hell of a lot of space on my ps4 , with some games taking over 50 gb , hogging up space, it would be a refreshing change.

I really don't know if this is true or not. I mean I'm leaning towards Wes not messing with us as. This could be a long con joke deal too?

I don't know lol. Whatever. This game is going to rule.

I really don't know if this is true or not. I mean I'm leaning towards Wes not messing with us as. This could be a long con joke deal too?

I don't know lol. Whatever. This game is going to rule.

I do have a good sense of humor...however one thing I wouldn't joke around about is F13. Additionally, I think AFD pranks are kinda cliche. Lastly, I would never, regardless of what date is on the calendar, lie to you guys. Fans are family. Period.

• Like 1

You guys, it's an asymmetrical multiplayer game.  Dead by Daylight is "ALSO" not that big.

There's only a handful of maps.  Playable characters.. the rest are just items, perks, and the 'gameplay mechanics' make the 'fun'.  

Simplicity.. it's why Friday the 13th was successful in the first place.  

You guys that are trying to measure size with quality need to step back, and remind yourself why this franchise is so popular.

This game is launching as a baby.  Keep your panties on, calm your jets, give it some room and let it grow into the beast it will soon become. 

(Technically, it's already a beast.... what does that mean it will turn into next...??    ..THE DEMOGORGON..

• Like 4

-W

No fingers crossed? If you really mean that I changed my mind, now I think your telling the truth. I'm sure you're a man of your word and I'm also pretty sure you like your 'stache!

APRIL FOOLS!

I'm not buying it. 3 gigs is way too small. Even MP only shooters are generally bigger than that.

Edit: Now I'm not sure. They seem rather commited if it is a joke.

I'd be happy with the small file size for Day 1 loading. 3GB is nothing.

I'm all for it, its just hard to believe its that small based on gameplay vids we have seen so far.

No fingers crossed? If you really mean that I changed my mind, now I think your telling the truth. I'm sure you're a man of your word and I'm also pretty sure you like your 'stache!

Now if we DID decide to do an April fools prank...and we wouldn't again because I think they are silly...we would be more creative. something like:

"We got our ratings back from all the boards across the globe and it isn't good. We are OK in North America and parts of Europe, but everywhere else we will be banned. This will impact potential sales greatly, therefore we need to make some changes. We will officially be replacing all blood and gore with slime similar to the slime found on the Nickelodeon show "You Can't Do That on Television." The F13 team feels that this change is "on-brand" since both the films and "You Can't Do That On Television" were both staples of the 80's. We hope you understand this last minute change. Thank you."

LOL. ;)

• Like 5

Haha ! I just figured out a way to prove if he is lying. If in the next 2 days, its proven that youre lying,would you allow the countdown guy to start the countdown with pics again?   

Now if we DID decide to do an April fools prank...and we wouldn't again because I think they are silly...we would be more creative. something like:

"We got our ratings back from all the boards across the globe and it isn't good. We are OK in North America and parts of Europe, but everywhere else we will be banned. This will impact potential sales greatly, therefore we need to make some changes. We will officially be replacing all blood and gore with slime similar to the slime found on the Nickelodeon show "You Can't Do That on Television." The F13 team feels that this change is "on-brand" since both the films and "You Can't Do That On Television" were both staples of the 80's. We hope you understand this last minute change. Thank you."

LOL. ;)

lmao!

I agree, unbelievable perhaps, but creative.

Haha ! I just figured out a way to prove if he is lying. If in the next 2 days, its proven that youre lying,would you allow the countdown guy to start the countdown with pics again?

I love how I am referred to as "the countdown guy". This pleases me.

• Like 1

3.2GB is not an April Fools joke. That will be the actual size.

I love how I am referred to as "the countdown guy". This pleases me.

Sorry,didnt remember who it was,lol !

3.2GB is not an April Fools joke. That will be the actual size.

I want to believe you, I really do,but it blows my mind with what gameplay we have seen, that it would be that small. If proven true, you guys should win technical achievement award in videogames for pulling that off. I mean think about it,other games have FREAKING UPDATE PATCHES,  that are bigger than this game. Ill believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

Yes of course. As more content goes in, it'll get bigger. Single player will add 2 maybe 2.5 gb. We have plans for more goodies, that's for sure. ;)

Friday 13 = 3200 Mb with awesome visuals

DbD = 15000 Mb with a poor optimization and bad textures, bad characters models and small maps with any a few copy paste items in all map .

Friday 13 team is awesome.

• Like 1

Friday 13 = 3200 Mb with awesome visuals

DbD = 15000 Mb with a poor optimization and bad textures, bad characters models and small maps with any a few copy paste items in all map .

Friday 13 team is awesome.

This is why I have a hard time believing it as well. Similar games with worse visuals and less content are somehow bigger. Wes is pretty adamant that this is not a joke though. If true they are definitely better at their craft than most have given them credit for.
  • Like 1

This is why I have a hard time believing it as well. Similar games with worse visuals and less content are somehow bigger. Wes is pretty adamant that this is not a joke though. If true they are definitely better at their craft than most have given them credit for.

Praise Illfonic for that.

Geezus, people.

It's not the size that matters. It's how you use it.

I could say so many things with this... But I won't.

We've got Wes, twitter account and JPops all claiming 3.2, 

I believe them. 3.2 GB is the size, and if you think about it... it's probably right. It's just 3 maps, characters, weapons etc... very very little video and very very little extra stuff.

There's nothing wrong with 3.2gb

I never really thought it was an April Fool's Day Joke. It wouldn't be that funny, which is the main point. The file size obviously couldn't have been 32 gb. Crysis 3 was 20 gb, by comparison.

3.2 does seem a bit low. Makes me a bit worried that every map is going to feel exactly the same (due to recycling assets)

• Like 1