Sign in to follow this  
Bishi Boshi

Server Based Or P2P

Just wondering if its servers or P2P if that makes sense because i wanna take time off work i dont want to waste day one not being able to play because of so many players getting on trying to get on half day it or wait a day? 

The beta had very good servers once they fixed it, and were even kind enough to extend the beta duration. If they keep it as it was, you'll be fine. 

I am just going to assume you're talking about either Dead by Daylight or For Honor, which have the worst servers I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Just wondering if its servers or P2P if that makes sense because i wanna take time off work i dont want to waste day one not being able to play because of so many players getting on trying to get on half day it or wait a day?

Day 1 of the beta was a clusterfuck, Day 1 of release may be the same considering there should be even more folks wanting to play. It's difficult to say how it will play out.

Cheeers people i will book time off then when the release date drops :)

Does anyone know if its a worldwide release or will the UK get it a few days later?

Does anyone know if its a worldwide release or will the UK get it a few days later?

I'm pretty sure it's a simultaneous worldwide release.

• Like 1

The For Honor P2P system, works great most of the times for me and friends i know, but also it's not a normal P2P, it's some custom made by them.

After playing DBD and having some problems of ppl jumping from one place to antoher in the match due their bad connections, i was really surprised on how good P2P in For Honor works, but it's not a normal P2P, so that explain a lot.

EeH4HNg.jpg

The "simulation" part is great.

SOURCE: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026270/For-Honor-Online-System-Breakdown-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/

Also a good P2P system is not always a bad idea, because ppl who can't have a good gameplay, due the fact some games don't have servers in their regions, can play better with P2P (search for host in closest region first), than playing in a server outside their region with 180+ ms.

Bishi Boshi please do not double post. If you need to add something else please utilize the edit button.

In regard to your last post. The game will release on the same day world wide.

I forget if this was addressed but what are the lobby average wait times?

I know f13 randomizes if your a councelor or Jason and pick any councelor you want and you always start the match from the beginning.........

but when I play battlefront it's 20 vs 20 but the system throws you into a lobby on whatever team (rebels or imperials) it decides and you might join the game at the start but most of the time you get thrown in half way through the match or sometimes near the end!

Sorry Jpops and thanks for the info as long as i can give notice ill be booking the time off work to play it then maybe half day on release day and then the rest of that week off

This is pretty much my Only big worry.
Doesnt matter how good something is, if people cannot smoothly play it (in general)

which is exactly why I haven't purchased two other games having issues.

• Like 1