TWarner

Latest Details for Physical Game !

Just got this email at 11:30 CST

Hey guys. As some have noticed, we took down physical copies of the game from our pre-order page. There’s a couple reasons why we did this. I’ll do my best now to explain those.

First and foremost, we have some good news and we have some bad news. The bad news is that manufacturing won’t be finished by launch day, more details on this below. However, in an effort to make it right with all of you supporting us, we're going to give you an additional digital key free-of-charge for the game. This way you can join in on the fun, Day One.

Now let’s talk details. We need to stop taking orders so we can fulfill them. Bigger publishers can place large orders, however we don’t have the cash laying around to order 50K+ physical copies of the game, so we have to do these in smaller batches.

Next, we underestimated how long it would take for the print companies to manufacture and ship these to you. We have to pass certification with both MS/Sony and then send that code to the manufacturer so they can create the disc. Then they print and create the boxes, put the discs in the cases, so on and so forth. We thought this could be done relatively quickly, but we were wrong.

I know what you’re thinking; “Wait, I ordered a physical copy of the game...do I not get to play on launch day?” - At least, that’s what I would be thinking. And the answer is, yes you’ll still get to play on launch day. As mentioned above, we will be sending out digital keys to everyone that bought a physical copy of the game. You’ll get your physical copy in the mail later. How much later? We’re working with the manufacturer now to get some dates. We’re also investigating ways to expedite international shipping and customs which takes time depending on the country you live in. I didn’t want to wait on them, and not get you guys some form of an update. We strive to be honest and transparent with everything we do.

I know this isn’t the greatest news, and I take full responsibility for this and I wholeheartedly apologize. And while not a perfect consolation, at least with a digital key you still get to play the game day one, at no additional charge. There are a lot of luxuries to being a small team. We’re nimble, we’re passionate and being small allows to be close to you guys and not a faceless mega company. But there are some limitations to being a small fish in a big pond and we’re feeling that with physical copies of the game.

If anyone feels wronged or that our solution is unacceptable, we will refund your physical copy pre-order no questions asked. Again, I apologize and once I get an update on manufacturing, you will be the first to know. If you have any additional questions about this feel free to reply directly to this email and we will answer you.

Warmest Regards,

-Wes Keltner

I for one will not be asking for a refund and I reach out to all of my brethren to not get one as well. We don't want to hurt funding and we have waited this long. I appreciate the Key to play on day one ..Thanks Wes and Gun Media for all of your efforts and hard work !

• Like 1

This email is a proof of how great those people are! Most companies would say "Sorry for the delay, thank you for your understanding." without any kind of compensation.

• Like 5

Wouldn't have expected anything less, Wes and the teams at GunMedia and Illfonic have been nothing but accommodating since day one. The stellar class of owning up to a mistake and striving to make it right tells me they're in this for the long haul and I couldn't be any more excited. I didn't get the physical copy on the possibility that may happen, but I didn't expect them to rebound and make up for it to ensure everyone can enjoy a good launch day.

<3 Praise to the peeps :)

• Like 1

wont work out for me since i couldnt use the cabin, or play the beta cause my computer cant handle it. but i still have much love and respect for these guys for their transparency and dedication. 

wont work out for me since i couldnt use the cabin, or play the beta cause my computer cant handle it. but i still have much love and respect for these guys for their transparency and dedication. 

Did you order a physical copy for console? My understanding is that the free key will be for the corresponding platform of the one that was ordered in physical form.

Did you order a physical copy for console? My understanding is that the free key will be for the corresponding platform of the one that was ordered in physical form.

This. They said the key they'll give will be for whatever system you ordered it for.

Very classy move by Gun and Illfonic to make sure everyone gets to play on day one. They are really going above and beyond what they have to do to do right by everyone who backed them on KickStarter and BackerKit. This also hopefully means that since they said the physical copy wont be ready at launch that we must be very very close to getting a release especially with only 1 month left till we are no longer in early 2017.

• Like 1

These guys are more AAA then AAA companies.

Cheers Gun/Illfonic!

Exactly, some big names devs/publishers could learn a lot from them in term of ways to take care of their customers.

so savini and survivor clothing wont be available after this im assuming, AND will digital versions of the game still be up for pre order after the 31st or does this pertain to only physical copies of the game?

so savini and survivor clothing wont be available after this im assuming, AND will digital versions of the game still be up for pre order after the 31st or does this pertain to only physical copies of the game?

The graphic says the Backerkit page will be closed as of tomorrow midnight. Reading it literally, all pre-orders after that point will have to be done through Steam, PSN or the X-Box store when they become available. This means there will be a potentially brief amount of when it's not possible to pre-order anywhere.

• Like 1

This. They said the key they'll give will be for whatever system you ordered it for.

yes i did. the steel case collectors edition. ah i gotcha! in my haste, i missed that part. thanks! that's awesome! :)

ty makred78 and bewareofbears for clearing that up for me! :)

No problem, I'm always willing to help when I can.

very classy and just what i expected from this company, i actually really like how they are a smaller company because they can connect and speak to the fans of the game, and know what they want and what they don't want out of a F13 game, good move guys good move!

Agree with the cert part, i think they are either really close or it's already done, can't wait for the game release :)

Also guys make sure to get the savini and clothes pack before 5 PM est tomorrow because it's gone after that!

Sounds good to me. The important thing is being able to start the game as soon as possible and with everyone else, with this workaround taking care of that. I'll still look forward to my steel case.

Everyone just make sure to keep a little room spare on your hard drives!

Sounds good to me. The important thing is being able to start the game as soon as possible and with everyone else, with this workaround taking care of that. I'll still look forward to my steel case.

Everyone just make sure to keep a little room spare on your hard drives!

I got my steel case on PS4 and I'll mainly play on PC, but I had a buddy offer to buy my spare PS4 key, so I'm giving him the pre single player announcement price for it. :)