Kodiak

Apparently Jason has traps now!

So for those of you who follow the F13 Twitter/Facebook or read this forum, I'm sure you've seen that they announced Jason's final ability called 'stalk' last night. However, in the screenshots that were included, you can clearly see two new icons on the bottom right near the ability selection.

kFnhKvK.jpg

Now we know that one of those is the amount of throwing weapons still available, but this new icon appears to be a bear trap. So, what're your guys thoughts on what these traps may be?

Personally I doubt that they're going to be the full sized bear traps the counsellors have, that'd be really unfair. But what if it's something similar to a rabbit snare, or some kind of wire? Perhaps smaller bear traps? Discuss :)

• Like 7

I'm almost positive that if he can now set them, they're going to be the same traps as the ones counselors get to use.  It might even be that counselors can't find them until Jason has placed them.  I'd be okay with that, I want a 1% chance of surviving against Jason.

They're a bit big to be carrying around 5 of them though :) Counsellors can only carry one at a time and they pretty much reach the floor if held at waist height. Not to mention they instantly take you down to an injured state if you step in one :)

I'm not against the idea, I just don't think they should inflict as much damage as they did in the beta if a counsellor stepped in one. Bare in mind as well that it took full size bear traps to stop Jason, will it take full size traps to stop a counsellor? Probably not, they're a lot smaller than he is :)

Who knows? It seems odd he would be holding five bear traps I mean where does he have them? In his pockets? It could mean how many potential traps there are on the map? Or if he can set them it could be a count of how many he has set (so he can keep track of how many have been triggered)? It is a curious addition though.

I like this.

It allows counselors to use traps, but really it's something to fear rather than use against Jason.

Maybe this is a special ability only this Jason can use? Who knows. But it certainly would help Jason catch survivors.

They said all along that Jason would have traps. 

hmmmmm i mean i'm happy but i really wanted some more dynamic traps in the map itself, rather than just beartraps you set out.

Beggars can't be choosers i suppose.

• Like 1

It does have a bear trap symbol but maybe that's just the icon they picked to show how many traps he has? He may not be actually carrying a bunch of bear traps but possibly something else? Maybe he has something like cans on a string that when triggered shows him where counselors are at? Someone mentioned snares which would make a bit more sense.

It does have a bear trap symbol but maybe that's just the icon they picked to show how many traps he has? He may not be actually carrying a bunch of bear traps but possibly something else? Maybe he has something like cans on a string that when triggered shows him where counselors are at? Someone mentioned snares which would make a bit more sense.

i'm inclined to believe that, but in the same manner the beartrap is one of the classic traps for murderes in general. It's THE trap for catching someones foot.

Or a bears. Either way you could be right, ih ope you are.

I look forward to setting traps around important objects, and using stalk as I watch them disarm the trap trying to grab said object. Also, I really hope they added sprint for the Jasons who can run. 

• Like 1

I wonder if  a councillor gets caught in Jason's trap if it will alert him. Say if I set a trap in the barn, and I'm now over at clear water, if there will be a big red spot the map, or a cue to let Jason know that a councillor is caught.

I wonder if  a councillor gets caught in Jason's trap if it will alert him. Say if I set a trap in the barn, and I'm now over at clear water, if there will be a big red spot the map, or a cue to let Jason know that a councillor is caught.

Considering if Jason has Morph off cooldown, it essentially means bear traps with any indicator for Jason means that the counselor caught is dead once Jason morphs over.

From a game balance perspective, I would lean heavily towards it not being the case. The only thing would be an audio cue for the surrounding area, much like it was in the beta. You hear the snap and a counselor in pain, but that's it.

If there was an indicator, it might take Jason from being simply OP to Godlike OP.

• Like 1

the bear traps are a cool idea, was hoping that jason would be able to use them. I can see the question about how he can hold that many at once, i think it would be better if he could only hold one at once.

meh, I don't really have a problem with Jason having a magic satchel. Just like how I don't have a problem with him teleporting or how his weapon disappears for certain kills.

I don't think this is that big of a problem for our suspension of disbelief. I mean it looks like he has these traps on him even though we can't physically see him carrying one, in this case does it matter how many he has at once? If it does then I would think the throwing knives are also a problem since only part 6 Jason has a pouch to store them. 

• Like 2

I want put a AXE in a window or in top of a door. And when the consuelor enter the magic begin XD

• Like 1

As soon as that trap hits...Here comes Jason !

beartrapinaction.jpg

• Like 1

meh, I don't really have a problem with Jason having a magic satchel. Just like how I don't have a problem with him teleporting or how his weapon disappears for certain kills.

I don't think this is that big of a problem for our suspension of disbelief. I mean it looks like he has these traps on him even though we can't physically see him carrying one, in this case does it matter how many he has a once? If it does then I would think the throwing knives are also a problem since only part 6 Jason has a pouch to store them. 

Exactly, noone seems to care that as soon as a councelor touches a pocket knife, flare gun, ect it just teleports into their invisible backpack.

• Like 1

the bear traps are a cool idea, was hoping that jason would be able to use them. I can see the question about how he can hold that many at once, i think it would be better if he could only hold one at once.

I don't think they are bear traps TBH.

leg_trap.jpg

This little fellow is called a racoon trap. And while I don't think it will do ANYWHERE near the same damage as a beartrap, it would still hurt like a motherfucker. Especially if it had jaws with teeth. They are also quite small, carrying a few of these around wouldn't be a huge problem for a guy like Jason.

Lets say Jason teleports to a house and puts these inside the windows than leaves. Survivor comes along later and jumps through the window, WAM! Takes a spike of damage and his fear raises signaling Jason and making him easier to catch.

I think it bears repeating.

I'm calling these things Vanessa Nike's. 

IDK, I'm kinda digging the name Ankle Breakers.

• Like 2

Seconded.

Yeah I'm not sure what that's about...

I'm tired ok

Lol ok. Btw that guy has it all wrong. It's transsexual or lady boy not trap I never heard a woman with dick called a trap

If you are attracted to the feminine aspect then it is not gay.

That's what I tell myself.

Wait, why am I talking about this?

Anyway, 5 traps of any variety, even small traps, seems kind of excessive to me. That's a lot of traps. Do you just start the game with that many traps? More details needed.