wes

Jason's Fourth Ability 'Stalk' Revealed

o

Lol yeah I know. I was saying it's potential is looking excellent.

Oh, yeah! absolutely!

I love this new ability. I have thought for a long time that I would like to play with Jason: first, scaring the counselors and then killing them brutally. The only thing that failed was the first part, because Jason is too big to hide anywhere, so definitely "Stalk" is a very appealing ability for me. I'm going to enjoy it a lot. 

• Like 1

I really hope they remove the "BAMF/WHOOMF" sound effect from Morph. Jason is not Nightcrawler. He doesn't "teleport" per se, he's there and then he's just... gone. If the whoomf sound effect is still in, counselors will be able to tell the difference between Jason Morphing and when he's using Stalk. Imagine if you could not tell if Jason has morphed away or if he's using Stalk. That's what good horror needs: dreadful uncertainty.

• Like 2

I really hope they remove the "BAMF/WHOOMF" sound effect from Morph. Jason is not Nightcrawler. He doesn't "teleport" per se, he's there and then he's just... gone. If the whoomf sound effect is still in, counselors will be able to tell the difference between Jason Morphing and when he's using Stalk. Imagine if you could not tell if Jason has morphed away or if he's using Stalk. That's what good horror needs: dreadful uncertainty.

I think that would make the video effect creepier.

• Like 1

According to Wes, who answered some questions on the official discord, the whooshing sound has been removed entirely.
  • Like 1

"BEEN HERE ALL ALONG!"

/Sombra ;)

Jpops being a meaning and closing all my threads ;-;

JK ily Jpops.

But I'll just move the question here:

How will you guys use Stalk specifically?  What scenarios are you playing in your heads?  What strategies?

I know what I will do.  I'm going to be a Stalky Jason and wait for Jumpscares if possible, even if I'm not gonna get as many kills.

• Wait on the second floor of Higgins Haven right in front of the stairs and wait for someone to run up, or risk a bit of burning and walk down the stairs.
  • Wait on the first floor of Higgins and stay inside a room.
  • Scare people away from the phone, then use Stalk and wait for someone to start calling the Police.  I'd burst through the wall behind them or anywhere convenient.

It would be great if you could lay down in the backseat of the car and pop up as everyone starts rolling out. Any of the breakaway walls would be awesome. Hoping that barn gets a 2nd level too...jump down in front of people.

will Stalk activate the video tape scramble effect? That would create a lot of tension if you were chasing some counselors that went into a cabin and they figured you morphed or shifted elsewhere, they go out a window and BAM you're right there. Instant heart attack.

Jpops being a meaning and closing all my threads ;-;

JK ily Jpops.

But I'll just move the question here:

How will you guys use Stalk specifically?  What scenarios are you playing in your heads?  What strategies?

I know what I will do.  I'm going to be a Stalky Jason and wait for Jumpscares if possible, even if I'm not gonna get as many kills.

• Wait on the second floor of Higgins Haven right in front of the stairs and wait for someone to run up, or risk a bit of burning and walk down the stairs.
  • Wait on the first floor of Higgins and stay inside a room.
  • Scare people away from the phone, then use Stalk and wait for someone to start calling the Police.  I'd burst through the wall behind them or anywhere convenient.

Yeah I'm gonna be hiding in the shadows watching from a distance. This ability will completely change how I play as Jason

I'm gonna toy with the councillors. 

I'll be at the back of the barn, activate stock, as soon as I see a councillor by the fence, I'll morph right to them.

or if I see one inside Higgins cabin, I'll activate stalk, and sense, and wait out of sight till one is by the main front doors, and bust it down with my ax.

It'll be fun to shatter windows with throwing knives from a distance with Stalk active.

• Like 3

"BEEN HERE ALL ALONG!"

/Sombra ;)

*snicker* Glad to see I'm not the only Overwatch player in here.

A question about the duration of stalk.

I understand that if we dont move,we can stay in stalk mode for 3 minutes before the ability is done,while if we start moving without stoping it can be reduced to 20 seconds.

But what i want to know is if the duration reduce faster when you run/power walk compared to when you walk.

A question about the duration of stalk.

I understand that if we dont move,we can stay in stalk mode for 3 minutes before the ability is done,while if we start moving without stoping it can be reduced to 20 seconds.

But what i want to know is if the duration reduce faster when you run/power walk compared to when you walk.

I could be wrong, but my guess is it will deplete at the same rate regardless of movement method.

Ooh, in the screenshots, you can see that the shed next to the Higgins House appears to be open! Pretty sure it was boarded up in the beta. Looks like we might be getting access to the basement  :D!

Ooh, in the screenshots, you can see that the shed next to the Higgins House appears to be open! Pretty sure it was boarded up in the beta. Looks like we might be getting access to the basement  :D!

Basement open?

Oh meh gawd.

@wes

Would attacking or using throwing knives take you out of Stalk?

Would breaking windows take you out of Stalk, or doors?

Can you swing your weapon or destroy anything while still being in Stalk?

• Like 1

Yes and yes. In fact, hitting Stalk then Shift is a very potent combo. You burn stalk faster, but you can slip in behind a counselor as they are closing a door. I've done that a few times in playtests. Protip: If you are successful at this, remove your headphones as Jason....your ear drums will thank you later. ;)

I knew what the ability was going to be (^_^) also since it's just like the movies I knew you could use both at the same time I can't wait for the game to come out

random question, have we seen all possible enviromental kills yet?

I can't help but feel completely spoiled on it, but i'm hoping i'm wrong.

random question, have we seen all possible enviromental kills yet?

I can't help but feel completely spoiled on it, but i'm hoping i'm wrong.

I believe you've only seen the tip of the iceberg. 

• Like 1

Love the new power!

The opposite of this might be interesting too

• Click the power
  • Map pops up
  • Click any icon on the map
  • Any counselor near the icon hears the "Jason music"
  • Profit

So based on Wes' "when you see it" screenshot tweet, implying that the player would likely not be noticing Jason in that situation, but because the model is technically loaded into the game client side that means Jason wouldn't be able to stalk and his music would be playing. Correct?

I see that as a problem. Or is the mechanics designed so that stalking is never intended to be used outside hiding in the woods?

So based on Wes' "when you see it" screenshot tweet, implying that the player would likely not be noticing Jason in that situation, but because the model is technically loaded into the game client side that means Jason wouldn't be able to stalk and his music would be playing. Correct?

I see that as a problem. Or is the mechanics designed so that stalking is never intended to be used outside hiding in the woods?

I don't think it's intended to be used in the open.  It's meant to ambush prey.

I don't think it's intended to be used in the open.  It's meant to ambush prey.

Just not ambush in the woods apparently