wes

Jason's Fourth Ability 'Stalk' Revealed

No they said once the player sees Jason, it negates the Stalk ability and deactivates it. So basically yes, if he was in stalk and then raged through a wall, the music would power on for the counselor the second the wall burst open.

very true i forgot it automatically deactivated upon sight. still gonna make for great moments!! :)

Ooh I can feel the excitement on this thread, it gives me chills.

I wonder how many times I'm going to scream "OH SH*T!* before it gets old---nah it's never gonna get old :)

Perfect, exactly what I was hoping for. This truly makes Jason overpowered, just as it should be. 

I'm just curious about the environmental sounds for Jason; we know this removes the chase music, but are Jason's movements still causing noise or is he in silent running mode? 

For instance, if Jason was in a room and a councilor wandered into the next room, would they hear Jason's footsteps and movement in the next room, or would they be completely oblivious to his presence until visual contact?

Another question, is this ability disabled while within view of a councilor? That way you can't accidentally trigger the move only to have it immediately cancelled and cooldown activated?

Thanks for the update and for all the great work Wes, all the best to you and the rest of the Gun/Illfonic team in the homestretch

• Like 1

Nice!!!!i called it I called it! I made a thread about it I called that bitch! Lol

Im sorry but there's already been discussion about the 4th ability being a stealth abiltiy long before you made that 'power jumpscare attack' thread,sorry to dissapoint you.

Nice!

2 Questions:

-I can't help but remember that morphing or shifting makes a loud "whoompfh" sound. Does stalk remove this sound as well?

-I was wondering, about having it as 3rd skill. This seems logical because Shifting and Morphing is more valueable generally, but have you tried the Stalk before the Shift?

You could make it so some Jason's could get it in this order, and others get it in the other order for even more diversity and player preferences.

• Like 1

Nice!

2 Questions:

-I can't help but remember that morphing or shifting makes a loud "whoompfh" sound. Does stalk remove this sound as well?

-I was wondering, about having it as 3rd skill. This seems logical because Shifting and Morphing is more valueable generally, but have you tried the Stalk before the Shift?

You could make it so some Jason's could get it in this order, and others get it in the other order for even more diversity and player preferences.

Two very good points, have to say. I personally imagine that the shift/morph sounds will still be the same, but without chase music you probably won't hear him unless he does it right next to you :)

As for other Jasons getting it sooner, that's one of the few ideas that I actually agree with on this forum. A couple of Jasons would definitely benefit from getting it early, but I doubt that it'll happen :(

So now that the final ability has been revealed, what moments can you imagine that will be made much more exciting by using stalk? Here's a few for me:

#1 - Fixing the phone or car and getting grabbed without warning.

#2 - Walking into a house as the last counsellor (or one of the last counsellors) only to find Jason's in there.

#3 - Crashing the car, trying to start the engine and getting grabbed out the window with no warning.

#4 - Walking through the graveyard trying to get the woodman's axe and first aid spray, only for Jason to come walking out of the trees.

#5 - Going to the second floor of Higgin's house trying to find car keys, you open the door to one of the upstairs rooms, then get grabbed and launched out one of the second story windows. 

#6 - Being the last counsellor alive and getting close to the police exit, only to have Jason be silently waiting nearby.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to 'waste' at least a few uses of Stalk just to scare the pants off people, rather than get the kill.

It'll just be too good to be suddenly shift + stalk standing behind them as they're rooting around in a drawer. Or being stood in the corner of a room, just waiting for them to notice me and panic. Just to mess around with them. I want to do the scary and creepy stuff like that rather than simply being the Jason bulldozer all the time.

Plus hey, helps unlock Rage that much quicker.

It feels better that it's (likely) a latter-game power than early on. It's very powerful and someone getting caught out by it so early on could feel a little cheap.

Two very good points, have to say. I personally imagine that the shift/morph sounds will still be the same, but without chase music you probably won't hear him unless he does it right next to you :)

As for other Jasons getting it sooner, that's one of the few ideas that I actually agree with on this forum. A couple of Jasons would definitely benefit from getting it early, but I doubt that it'll happen :(

So now that the final ability has been revealed, what moments can you imagine that will be made much more exciting by using stalk? Here's a few for me:

#1 - Fixing the phone or car and getting grabbed without warning.

#2 - Walking into a house as the last counsellor (or one of the last counsellors) only to find Jason's in there.

#3 - Crashing the car, trying to start the engine and getting grabbed out the window with no warning.

#4 - Walking through the graveyard trying to get the woodman's axe and first aid spray, only for Jason to come walking out of the trees.

#5 - Going to the second floor of Higgin's house trying to find car keys, you open the door to one of the upstairs rooms, then get grabbed and launched out one of the second story windows. 

#6 - Being the last counsellor alive and getting close to the police exit, only to have Jason be silently waiting nearby.

I've got to be honest- I'd rather just play and find out than imagine the possibilities.

Know it'll be something for the future....but would like to see Parts II and III Jason's have the ability to hide in a cupboard or hide under a bed during "Stalk". Would fit those incarnations. Obviously wouldn't fit the later Jason's....but would chillingly fit the early Jason's MO. 

No cabin is safehouse anymore, even for the best counselor players! Anyone can be surprised! This mechanic they've created really is a masterstroke! If your're up against a really good Jason - you're gonna have to really think - to survive. This gaming mechanic will add tons of replay value for fans and general gamers alike. You can't underestimate the value of a good old fashioned scare/shock, and emoting that in the player. Once a game makes players emotive - especially under the duress of multiplayer, without scripted AI to force it, you really are "knocking the ball out of the park"! Seriously, well done!

• Like 1

I love that this is now possible, but I have to say I am a little disappointed that you can not START with a chance to use the STALK option. Imagine the tension of knowing he is out there, somewhere, and has not yet been sighted, and his music has not been heard yet.

• Like 1

This is absolutely fantastic!!! A thing that needed in game, its going to be cool to sneak on while playing with Jason, and while playing with counselors its gonna be even more intense and scarier! Well done devs, continue with a good work, i hope game is going to go out soon :)

I'm beyond excited for this ability :)

So many new possibilities to scare the daylights out of people.

I'm gonna be the patient jason silently waiting next to phone >:D

This has possibly been a fruition for all the brainstorming and diligence needed to realise the single player component.

Single player is looking an excellent prospect right now. :) Where I imagine stealth will play a massive part. :)  

Cool, and the question will be updated Tommi Jarvis? And there is an idea for the game, let the counserlos with 7-10 force will quickly beat the weapon, but they will have little luck (the weapon will break) (And forgive for the mistakes) until

Wait so it has shorter cooldown when you move so does it go down to 20 second cooldown the moment you move or could i sit there activate it wait there for like 20 seconds walk around a corner and stand there without losing most of it's cooldown time

Stalk gives the a real Friday the 13th feeling; Jason is sneaking and waiting in the shadows when counselors are not paying attention.

I love this ability already!

Wait so it has shorter cooldown when you move so does it go down to 20 second cooldown the moment you move or could i sit there activate it wait there for like 20 seconds walk around a corner and stand there without losing most of it's cooldown time

The way I understood it is that if you activate it and walk around for 20 seconds it will be gone so maybe if you only walk for like five seconds just to get to another position maybe it won't completely drain it

The way I understood it is that if you activate it and walk around for 20 seconds it will be gone so maybe if you only walk for like five seconds just to get to another position maybe it won't completely drain it

Yeah the way they put it was that the burn was if you were moving consecutively for 20 seconds the effect would wear off. I assume if you move a few seconds it may burn some of the time off but not all of it. Kind of like letting a little or all the air out of a balloon at once

• Like 1

This has possibly been a fruition for all the brainstorming and diligence needed to realise the single player component.

Single player is looking an excellent prospect right now. :) Where I imagine stealth will play a massive part. :)

were already getting single player. it just wont be released until around summertime along with offline bots mode. it wont be with the initial release.

were already getting single player. it just wont be released until around summertime along with offline bots mode. it wont be with the initial release.

Lol yeah I know. I was saying it's potential is looking excellent.