wes

Jason's Fourth Ability 'Stalk' Revealed

Since this is being revealed to us gives me a good feeling about a release date soon here.

Here's to hoping without being too hopeful

Because...

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

• Like 1

glad to see this ability is getting added in, one of my BIGGEST complaints about the beta was definitely the inability to catch people off guard. It frustrated me that just being near players played the music completely giving you away.

• Like 1

Kewl.

Does the enhanced audio pick up voice chat too from the counselors or just their rummaging about?

Since this is being revealed to us gives me a good feeling about a release date soon here.

Because...

In the very 1st post of this thread, and I quote, "With launch ever approaching".They wouldn't be saying that if the end wasn't near.     We should have this in April, I'm still predicting it will be released sometime between April 17-21. Ive already went into detail, in an older post why I firmly believe that's when they'll release it.

Because...

and pessimism is the first step on the road to misery. dont worry this game will be amazing!!

• Like 2

Kewl.

Does the enhanced audio pick up voice chat too from the counselors or just their rummaging about?

No, it doesn't increase the volume of VOIP, as that's a different system. It could, and I emphasize could be a possibility on PC. Not likely on console as VOIP works differently there.

I have to say thanks for the new/update wes. You have been the best out of your crew at keeping us updates on things.

It not because they don't want to...it's because I keep them so busy..they barely sleep. ;)

• Like 4

It not because they don't want to...it's because I keep them so busy..they barely sleep. ;)

Crack that whip!

Well your obviously not going to tell us about that little bear trap icon in the corner of the screen. ;)

But I was just wondering, do bushes break LoS for keeping stalk active? Like can you try and hide behind some grass on the main path and jump out and maul campers?

This is awesome. What an incredibly clever way to implement the "Stalk", "jump scare" nature of Jason into a video game. Hat's off. This game is gonna be so f*cking awesome!

• Like 1

When stalk deactivates is there any deviation in the music from what would normally play when Jason is approaching? Or perhaps a sound effect that would highten the moment of a jump scare? When Jason approaches normally the music fades in- does the music abruptly start when stalk deactivates?

• Like 2

and pessimism is the first step on the road to misery. dont worry this game will be amazing!!

Not being pessimistic, just being cautious.

"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded."

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind."

(gimme a break I like my Warhammer totalitarian quotes xD)

In the very 1st post of this thread, and I quote, "With launch ever approaching".They wouldn't be saying that if the end wasn't near. We should have this in April, I'm still predicting it will be released sometime between April 17-21. Ive already went into detail, in an older post why I firmly believe that's when they'll release it.

To be fair...

Launch is always ever-approaching, because time is an ever existing phenomena in which will endlessly move forward toward the destination in question.

(double post I know still trying to figure out this Multi-Quote thing)

• Like 1

^Pretty much this. "Launch is ever approaching" doesn't really mean much since they submitted to certification and are waiting on that. So that still holds true that it's getting closer every day but that's no indication that they passed cert and are getting ready to actually reveal a release date.

It very well could be, but the point is not to make assumptions and get yourself phyked up for dissapointment.

Man, I can picture the possibilities with Stalk and Rage active.  Counselor crouched down wondering if Jason is nearby when suddenly the nearby wall just bursts apart and Jason is all up in their face, music blasting, lol.

Man, I can picture the possibilities with Stalk and Rage active.  Counselor crouched down wondering if Jason is nearby when suddenly the nearby wall just bursts apart and Jason is all up in their face, music blasting, lol.

the music wouldn't be blasting. its negated when stalk is activated unless the jason player shuts it off at that moment of course. but yeah that scenario would be awesome. much more potential for jump scares. i love it.

the music wouldn't be blasting. its negated when stalk is activated unless the jason player shuts it off at that moment of course. but yeah that scenario would be awesome. much more potential for jump scares. i love it.

Yeah, I meant the music would start blasting once the wall bursted in and Jason appeared right in front of you.

No they said once the player sees Jason, it negates the Stalk ability and deactivates it. So basically yes, if he was in stalk and then raged through a wall, the music would power on for the counselor the second the wall burst open.

• Like 1

Yeah, I meant the music would start blasting once the wall bursted in and Jason appeared right in front of you.

Know what I'm gonna do.

Rage mode activated.

Stalk near car.

Hide behind thin wall.

Wait for counselor to go through the door.

Burst through.

IDC if I waste time I'm waiting for that moment.

• Like 1