wes

Jason's Fourth Ability 'Stalk' Revealed

So canceling based on sight, is there limits based on distance, time, and/or lighting? I'd hate to have it canceled just because a counselor technically has line of sight to me for a brief moment even though there was no way for the player to actually notice me. 

Like if I'm waiting outside a cabin nearby in the woods, can a counselor cheese the game by stepping outside and doing a quick 360 spin to cancel any stalking that may be going on?

Good question, and one I too am curious about. Given that we are in 3rd person view, could they pan around in areas and just detect Jason in a poorly lit area if he was in stalk, even though they, as a player, are not able to see him, would the game detect him anyway?

Can you combo The teleport? Like can you activate stalk and then teleport to a camp site?

The mechanics of Jason's abilities are on fire........!!!!   Just the combination of using knives, abilities on top of abilities, all within different playstyles of different people who will react in various ways, makes Jason SO dynamic.  What a f***ing awesome idea.

• Like 2

My  comment about this is I think counselors will be going inside a cabin and check it out inside before locking it.

Other than that...so cool!  Cannot wait.

Good question, and one I too am curious about. Given that we are in 3rd person view, could they pan around in areas and just detect Jason in a poorly lit area if he was in stalk, even though they, as a player, are not able to see him, would the game detect him anyway?

Well there's no way to code if a human's eye actually saw you. It's coded if the model is "rendered". So, can a player go outside and do a 360 no scope and cancel Jason's stalk? Theoretically, yes. But if I'm Jason and I see someone do a 360 spin, I just throw a knife at them for being an idiot. ;)

• Like 11

I remember them saying at the last panel that there were two new things they added for Jason and also two new things they added to counselors to counteract for balance so stalk is one and are the Bear traps the other? Also you said stalk makes it so Jason only hears important noises that counselors do so does that also include the radios? Because that adds more importance to using the radios in the cabins to help drown out whatever your doing

Yes and yes. In fact, hitting Stalk then Shift is a very potent combo. You burn stalk faster, but you can slip in behind a counselor as they are closing a door. I've done that a few times in playtests. Protip: If you are successful at this, remove your headphones as Jason....your ear drums will thank you later. ;)

the player screaming? lol

I'm curious to know which Jason should have the shortest stalk cool down. Any thoughts? I know 7 did a lot of sneaking up.

sounds good in theory, but i can't shake the feeling that it'd be better to have it early.

DID you try having the ability avaliable earlier? (i'm assuming you did, but...just for the sake of inner peace i have to ask)

Just comes off as a ability you'd want to have early on, while later in the match people are already in high gear....or maybe it's my head fucking with me again. I just seem to recall people were running around panicked alot int he later half of the stage in the beta...

looking forward to it regardless.

To be honest, I plan to main Adam and didn't plan to touch Jason much. But seeing and reading about this ability, I kinda am looking forward to playing with Jason a bit now because this really does add a lot of strategy and some sick set ups to screw with people and definitely will help P7 Jason who can't run sneak up on people and be viable. 

Wonderful addition. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for the game :)

• Like 1

Hopefully this ability will help me kill more players cause in the beta I found it really hard. Maybe I just suck too much at playing Jason. Also Ben stop telling Wes to not spoil things u will be fired

Oh this is an amazing sounding ability that I'm sure is going to be played to its fullest extent. Once Stalk expires though will it regenerate as slowly as it did the first time? Or what sort of time frame do you have before you can use it again?

Well there's no way to code if a human's eye actually saw you. It's coded if the model is "rendered". So, can a player go outside and do a 360 no scope and cancel Jason's stalk? Theoretically, yes. But if I'm Jason and I see someone do a 360 spin, I just throw a knife at them for being an idiot. ;)

Obviously that. :P Silly , Wes. I just meant more about the character tracking. But that pretty much is what I figured. Thanks for clarifying.

I think the real thing Jasons will have to deal with that'll be a pain is people upping the gamma to see better. People do this a lot in other games that involve stealthy tactics and thus negate part of the stealth, and that was more what I was getting at, a player not being able to see a stealth Jason in the dark woods but another player with upped gamma can, though it will probably be less of a problem here. But that may have been a better way to ask that question. And dealing with peeps via knifing pin cushion is always a sound tactic.  :lol:

• Like 1

sounds good in theory, but i can't shake the feeling that it'd be better to have it early.

DID you try having the ability avaliable earlier? (i'm assuming you did, but...just for the sake of inner peace i have to ask)

Just comes off as a ability you'd want to have early on, while later in the match people are already in high gear....or maybe it's my head fucking with me again. I just seem to recall people were running around panicked alot int he later half of the stage in the beta...

looking forward to it regardless.

Yes I agree! Wes can we get it earlier in the match while campers are searching for keys and stuff?

To be honest, I plan to main Adam and didn't plan to touch Jason much. But seeing and reading about this ability, I kinda am looking forward to playing with Jason a bit now because this really does add a lot of strategy and some sick set ups to screw with people and definitely will help P7 Jason who can't run sneak up on people and be viable. 

Wonderful addition. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for the game :)

Part 7 Jason is still a beast even without stalk. On the beta, the tools were still there to kill everyone despite his slow speed.

But now this ... this just rounds out Jason and makes him Jason ... on all accounts. 

Now for my question to Wes ... is this 3 minutes across the board? Or is there some differences with that per different Jason? ie: Part 6,7,8,9 are a bit more supernatural to like Part 2 and 3. So just wondering if the length of use was different in any way between them. :)

• Like 1

Part 7 Jason is still a beast even without stalk. On the beta, the tools were still there to kill everyone despite his slow speed.

But now this ... this just rounds out Jason and makes him Jason ... on all accounts. 

Now for my question to Wes ... is this 3 minutes across the board? Or is there some differences with that per different Jason? ie: Part 6,7,8,9 are a bit more supernatural to like Part 2 and 3. So just wondering if the length of use was different in any way between them. :)

He said the differences would be in the cooldown timers between the Jason's. Thus certain Jason's will be able to use the ability more often than other Jason's. The 3 minute timer and 20 minute burned timer seem to be universal to all of them based on what was said.