xennial446

The Question Of "Rogue" Players...

I've been watching a few livestreams of F13 on Youtube lately, and I've seen a few matches where one player deliberately kills another with the shotgun, or attacks another player with a melee weapon. What is the official stance on this? If one counselor purposefully kills another, will there be penalties? And if so, what form(s) will they take? Thanks.

There have been a couple discussions on this, I think an unofficial stance on "friendly" fire is a natural course in a kill-or-be-killed situation. The movies have cowardly characters who have directly or inadvertently sacrificed other characters to Jason, I think real world consequences are annoying but I don't see any major penalties for those players. Is like to see something like a 50xp loss per 'friendly' kill but there would be few balances for Jason on that end

i completely agree with grifterwolf, in the movies their was a few times where characters sacrificed another to jason, ways in the game would be hitting them enough with a weapon, a negative 50 xp would probably be the best way to do that.

This is a videogame not a movie and people will always try to destroy other players just for fun.

There's no real way to stop other players from griefing by intentionally killing other players. But a report system wouldn't hurt if they're repeat offenders. 

Usually there is some kind of report system for reporting players who intentionally play against win condition.

ie: you leaving someone behind to get slaughtered by Jason is NOT against your win condition.

Killing another counselor, when there is no benefit to do so IS against win condition.

The object is to survive, and there is nothing that says you have to work with or help another counselor, but going out of your way to injure/kill them when it provides no benefit to the outcome of the game overall is usually something that does invoke a punishment.

On Xbox Live and PSPlus you can report players for griefing, team killing, cheating etc. I haven't heard of a way to do it for Steam though. In my experience PC cheaters and griefers always circumvent any bans if they get. Prepare to expand your friends list because playing with friends is the only surefire way to avoid griefers.

Other than some exp loss I don't think they should be punished that harshly (like banning) for murdering others and leaving someone behind shouldn't have any exp loss, the devs said some of their greatest moments were when one of them panicked and left everyone behind

• Like 1

I think its completely fine to leave someone behind, but killing someone for no reason deserves a punishment.

• Like 1

I think its completely fine to leave someone behind, but killing someone for no reason deserves a punishment.

Agreed

• Like 1

Even if there is no XP loss or moderating influence, even in game there is punishment.

The counselor used his gun and now has no weapon. Also Jason has one less counselor to deal with meaning he'll be more likely to kill the offending counselor. 

How can the game determine what is accidental and what is malicious? Unless I guess you report someone? But then what's to stop sore losers from abusing it?

• Like 1

I don't see the point in having friendly fire honestly.

Not with instant death.

Maybe they can be injured greatly but not die.

I think it should be like Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege.  If you kill a Teammate then you get a ban for so long depending on how often it happens.

• Like 1

No no guys this is only going to make the game more fun! Imagine you accidentally shoot your friend lol oops! But as far as punishment I feel like 50% experience is a good way to make players not want to keep doing it!

No no guys this is only going to make the game more fun! Imagine you accidentally shoot your friend lol oops! But as far as punishment I feel like 50% experience is a good way to make players not want to keep doing it!

I see where your going with that.  I was just meaning for repeat offenders. 

I agree with most of this post. Yeah, its kinda funny when your friend accidently shoots you, but what if you get a troll in the game that wants to beat you with a weapon or decides to shoot you for no reason (I seen this in the beta)? Its not fun. I do like the idea of losing points for killing someone though.

Maybe if they can lose some XP but then also lose the ability to be in the lottery to be Jason? Say for every friendly kill it's another game you definitely won't be Jason?

Will maybe make a hardcore troll think twice and for those of us who accidentally do it the lunishmejt is only temp.

Maybe if they can lose some XP but then also lose the ability to be in the lottery to be Jason? Say for every friendly kill it's another game you definitely won't be Jason?

Will maybe make a hardcore troll think twice and for those of us who accidentally do it the lunishmejt is only temp.

I  like that idea.

Let's look at it this way I'm going to shoot Jason with my shotgun but one of the Counsolers runs in the way when I pull the trigger I didn't do it on period so how will they game know it's not my fault

So the other players can troll people and die and nothing will happen to them ????

Now for having a way to report them people will just abuse it

Like hey you left me to die I'm going to report you

Hey your the last one alive do something fix the car call the cops stop looking thru things that's it I'm going to report you

Hey I wanna drive fine don't let me drive I'm going to report you

That's why we shouldn't have a option to report people

Plus the punishment is just as bad

You gotta look at both ways not just 1 way

Let's look at it this way I'm going to shoot Jason with my shotgun but one of the Counsolers runs in the way when I pull the trigger I didn't do it on period so how will they game know it's not my fault

So the other players can troll people and die and nothing will happen to them ????

Now for having a way to report them people will just abuse it

Like hey you left me to die I'm going to report you

Hey your the last one alive do something fix the car call the cops stop looking thru things that's it I'm going to report you

Hey I wanna drive fine don't let me drive I'm going to report you

That's why we shouldn't have a option to report people

Plus the punishment is just as bad

You gotta look at both ways not just 1 way

Pretty sure the punishment wouldn't apply to the first time you accidentally kill someone, but if you just go around killing your team the punishment lands. At least that's how I would do it.

It's ironic for me to say this, but i figure players should get to be players. You never know if you're gonna get teamed up with a dick or a bro. It's part of the experience if you ask me. That being said if you get a high amount of kills in a low amount of time, it should get some attention to have you swiped off for a while. Or do it the GTA way, have the biggest dicks be teamed up with his or hers kindred spirits so to speak....

Y'know, like they have cheaters share lobbies with other cheaters. Do the same for griefers. Would be a problem in release, but then sort itself out.

It's ironic for me to say this, but i figure players should get to be players. You never know if you're gonna get teamed up with a dick or a bro. It's part of the experience if you ask me. That being said if you get a high amount of kills in a low amount of time, it should get some attention to have you swiped off for a while. Or do it the GTA way, have the biggest dicks be teamed up with his or hers kindred spirits so to speak....

Y'know, like they have cheaters share lobbies with other cheaters. Do the same for griefers. Would be a problem in release, but then sort itself out.

I don't agree.

I don't think being shot in the face is "part of the experience" because there's no experience to be had there.  You die unfairly by someone being a jackass with no way of recovery.

Sure, being left behind is fun and challenging because it gives you moments of laughter and "Oh shit that happened".  It IS an experience, and you have to try your best to recover when shit hits the fan.

If someone walks up to you and shoots you in the face for no reason, that's not fun, nor challenging, nor does it give you moments of laughter, you don't say "Oh shit that happened" except as an expression of annoyance, and there's zero experience.  Rather, the experience is cut short unfairly.  This is especially frustrating when other counsellors pose ZERO threat to one another or have no reason to do so.

• Like 1

I don't agree.

I don't think being shot in the face is "part of the experience" because there's no experience to be had there.  You die unfairly by someone being a jackass with no way of recovery.

Sure, being left behind is fun and challenging because it gives you moments of laughter and "Oh shit that happened".  It IS an experience, and you have to try your best to recover when shit hits the fan.

If someone walks up to you and shoots you in the face for no reason, that's not fun, nor challenging, nor does it give you moments of laughter, you don't say "Oh shit that happened" except as an expression of annoyance, and there's zero experience.  Rather, the experience is cut short unfairly.  This is especially frustrating when other counsellors pose ZERO threat to one another or have no reason to do so.

Well i'm taking into consideration the multitude of accidents that could happen. If you run away from jason in a panic and find yourself on a road, only to get ran over by some guy that wasn't able to swerve in time due to you not paying attention, should he be banned? of course not.

If some guy wants to take out jason with a shotgun, but you didn't realize he was ready and aiming, and at the moment he fires you're right in front, wasting you, and a shell by accident, should that prompt a ban? of course not.

There's a line to walk when it comes to "how should we approach banning douchebags", and it's not easily solved. As mentioned earlier as well, a regular report system can and will be abused to hell. Other players will threaten with a report if you don't do as they say, and how is that better than getting shot from the get-go? the match is ruined anyways, you're either gonna be dead and just be able to leave and go back in the queue, or you keep playing with people shouting and typing all angrily at you constantly. Should i have to ban all chat just to be given a relief from that? Absolutely not.

So while i do agree with you that this particular part of douchebag mentality might be a problem, i don't see it being a spread issue. And if it does, it'd be better to have those kinds of players team up with eachother in separate lobbies so they can fuck eachother over at evry turn and leave regular players to their thing. It maintains the unpredictability of lobbies, while punishing the worst offenders.

Well i'm taking into consideration the multitude of accidents that could happen. If you run away from jason in a panic and find yourself on a road, only to get ran over by some guy that wasn't able to swerve in time due to you not paying attention, should he be banned? of course not.

If some guy wants to take out jason with a shotgun, but you didn't realize he was ready and aiming, and at the moment he fires you're right in front, wasting you, and a shell by accident, should that prompt a ban? of course not.

There's a line to walk when it comes to "how should we approach banning douchebags", and it's not easily solved. As mentioned earlier as well, a regular report system can and will be abused to hell. Other players will threaten with a report if you don't do as they say, and how is that better than getting shot from the get-go? the match is ruined anyways, you're either gonna be dead and just be able to leave and go back in the queue, or you keep playing with people shouting and typing all angrily at you constantly. Should i have to ban all chat just to be given a relief from that? Absolutely not.

So while i do agree with you that this particular part of douchebag mentality might be a problem, i don't see it being a spread issue. And if it does, it'd be better to have those kinds of players team up with eachother in separate lobbies so they can fuck eachother over at evry turn and leave regular players to their thing. It maintains the unpredictability of lobbies, while punishing the worst offenders.

I think getting ran over takes care of itself, considering the road itself tends to be very linear.  If you drive off the road or into a tree just ot run someone over, you fuck yourself over.

We cannot say the same for guns or weapons.