If Uber Jason is added in a future DLC is he going to be as vulnerable as the other Jason's? Bullets don't affect him as seen in the movie, and melee attacks just bounce off his armor. He also has a lot more strength than the other Jason's. If he was added would he just be even more overpowered than the others. If Uber Jason was added into the game and is movie accurate you wouldn't even be able to fight back. How would you balance this?

Gun will probably have limittations to Uber Jason for balancing him maybe it take more than one bullet to stun him, multiple melee attack stuns with blunt weapons etc

I wouldn't say so.

I think this is a legitimate question to be asking.

You can't create balance with something like "Uber Jason" because It breaks gameplay

I think he should have more speed and strength, reduced vulnerability to stuns and no abilities beyond sense, and a longer cooldown on sense.

Also, maybe he could start out as the normal JX Jason, and instead of rage mode activating, he could upgrade to uber Jason.

• Like 1

Maybe create a new stun/distraction where Jason has to kill x amount of bots before resuming.

Uber Jason would be difficult to balance if he was included, but personally I would give him the following stats:

+ Weapon strength (naturally he'd be a hard hitter seeing as he was cybernetically augmented after getting rekt)

+ Grip strength (same as above; enhanced with machinery)

+ Not stun-able (Uber Jason is completely bulletproof, hell he was basically even laser proof. No weapons would have an effect on him)

- Shift (slow ass cooldown and slow speed when shifted)

- Can't run

- Morph (he could morph, but I would expect it to have a slow cooldown)

I'd expect rage to affect him in the normal way. There is currently no known way of defeating Jason (devs haven't said how to yet), so it wouldn't make sense for him to be indestructible - seeing as he already is. What would make sense is that he can't be stunned, hits hard, but his supernatural abilities take a bit of punishment to counteract his strength. He should be one of those types where if he gets near you, you're even more screwed than usual, but he's not everywhere at once like the part 2 one with his fast morph recharge.

• Like 2

You can't create balance with something like "Uber Jason" because It breaks gameplay

under normal circumstances teleporting everywhere across the map whenever you like with a short cooldown would break gameplay too.

But they made it work.

• Like 1

I'm sure, just how they buffed up Part 2, they can also make Uber Jason less OP and just make him like normal with the follow stats:

+ Defense

+ Grip Strength

+ Stun Resistance

- Shift

- Morph

- Can't Run

That'll be good enough.

Or they could even go with this:

+ Invulnerable to light stuns

- Shift

- Morph

- Can't Run

- Water Speed

- Sense

This essentially balances his invulnerability with everything else taking a hit, namely his supernatural abilities giving him advanced movement.

His shift would last maybe 3 seconds, and morph would have a 30 second cooldown, for example.  His water speed would be the slowest, and sense would be quite weak.

He could be stunned by heavy stuns, such as guns to the face or flares, but things like Fire Crackers and Weapons do no damage to him.  The gun or flare would be replaced as the light stun.

• Like 1

I honestly think that Uber Jason feels out of place here unless they make a space map. I know a lot of fans like the design and I'm not gonna belittle that. I just think it doesn't fit within the camp setting of the maps we have. Jason X sure but Uber I just dont feel is quite as scary to me, too Mortal Combatish of a design. That's just me though. 

As far as balance. We saw bullets bounce off of him but I think the force of a shotgun blast at close range would still knock him back at least.

I honestly think that Uber Jason feels out of place here unless they make a space map. I know a lot of fans like the design and I'm not gonna belittle that. I just think it doesn't fit within the camp setting of the maps we have. Jason X sure but Uber I just dont feel is quite as scary to me, too Mortal Combatish of a design. That's just me though. 

As far as balance. We saw bullets bounce off of him but I think the force of a shotgun blast at close range would still knock him back at least.

I wouldn't say so.

If I recall, by the end of the film, Uber Jason is on Earth 2 which is basically Earth, yeah?  And I think there's a comic of Uber in a forest setting and he kills a couple teens doing the dirty.

Suspense of disbelief a bit, but I definitely think Uber should be in the game.

Can't be balanced. That's why it should never make the game unless with a relevant DLC map pack. A ridiculous late 90's comic book creation has no place in a game based in the 1980's.

Can't be balanced. That's why it should never make the game unless with a relevant DLC map pack. A ridiculous late 90's comic book creation has no place in a game based in the 1980's.

Wrong:

It can't be balanced in a way that is sufficient to lore.

Making deviations from the lore, Uber Jason can easily be balanced.

Change the camera view for the Jason player who chooses Uber to a more "bot like" view.

Blur the edges and change to 20 mm bubble (fisheye) view.

It'll be much more difficult for the Jason player to find players and his field of vision will be impaired.

Make the player rely much more heavily on sense and sound blips than raw vision. Decrease the impact of stealth making Uber Jason able to hear more of the players movements so he isn't playing at a disadvantage in terms of locating players, but still making it much more difficult for him to find players as a compensation for his enhanced defense.

This should hold true to the futuristic regenerated upgraded version of Jason without making the game un-winnable for the counsellors.

I hated Jason X by the way.

I'm sure, just how they buffed up Part 2, they can also make Uber Jason less OP and just make him like normal with the follow stats:

+ Defense

+ Grip Strength

+ Stun Resistance

- Shift

- Morph

- Can't Run

That'll be good enough.

This. We don't need making him "OP" like his movie, just making him a normal skin with his own skills.

Also, I think we need another type of stats for Jason. More like The councelors stats:

Speed x/10 (x>7, Jason can Run)

Grip strenght: x/10

Weapon strenght: x/10

Water speed: x/10

Rage: x/10

Shift x/10

Morph x/10

Sense x/10

Stalk x/10

Defense x/10

Stun resistance x/10

Traps x/5

Uber Jason would be tricky. He was arguably faster than all the undead Jasons minus Part 6.

I guess we'll all have to see how fast Part 6 can move before we can determine how fast Uber should be. He should be slower than Part 6 for sure, but faster than 7,8 or 9.

He's indestructible though and things like pocket knives stunning him would be totally stupid. My only solution is making his shift and morph have absurd cooldowns like 40 seconds or more. His stalk ability would be extremely useful in that if he gets close, only something like a shotgun to the face would be a nuisance to him. Traps would be of no use. He's cyborg now, he'd just walk on them and crush them.

I'd much rather have Part 4 Jason in before him though. Not that I don't want him in, its just Part 4 will be a much easier balance and we need more human Jasons. We don't know if Savini Jason is going to be of the undead variety or human. He looks to lean on undead. Right now with have 2 human Jasons and 4 Undead Jasons and Savini is unknown.

So I just rewatched the end of Jason X, and my observations:

* UberJason is *fast*. We never see him try to run, but he never really has an opportunity to run because they keep stopping him in small rooms and passages and block him with doors. His walking speed is noticeably fast though. I'd almost say, let him run.

* He has zero stealth, and there is *never* any doubt about where he is. He is not "everywhere at once".

* He is unstoppable, even by the robot.

So my thoughts on how to balance him.

1. Let him run. We never see any instance of him not running when he really should be able to, so while we don't know if he can run, I see no reason to automatically rule it out.

2. No morph. It's always obvious where he is if he's in line of sight. No shift -- instead he gets a sprint rather than a teleport-type affair. No stalk -- if he's around you it's bloody obvious because he's 2 tons of metal death.

3. Sense is on 24/7. He has cyborg sensor powers. Only the stealthiest of characters could hope to hide from him, at all. He sees every noise circle on the map from the very beginning of the match, and if your fear is high you are constantly highlighted.

4. Rage is on 24/7. He can go through everything. Barricading is pointless. He is un-stunnable by normal means. Shotgun or bear traps make him stop for maybe 1 second to shrug it off rather than a "stun". Flare to face does not slow him down at all.

5. Grabs are inescapable no matter your composure, BUT if he has grabbed someone, strong melee hit, shotgun or flare to face distracts him and he tosses person aside maybe 10-15 feet (with maybe 25% damage). Pocket knives do not work.

6. He can use throwing weapons. A hit is an insta-kill.

7. Because he can't morph, it takes him a while to get around the map. He can't be "everywhere at once". This is his key weakness.

8. However, he can *permanently break cars, boats, etc.* Maybe even permanently break phone box. So the game becomes a race to get escape methods working before he stops them. It's a race against how fast he can smash things. If you manage to get a car working and put enough distance, don't run into him, and don't crash close enough that you can't restart car in time, you are basically guaranteed an escape since he can't morph in front of you.

9. Whether or not he has the power to permanently break phone box, he does gain the power to *kill the cops*, thus giving him a way to permanently stop that escape method. The tradeoff is that he has to get there to kill them. He has a disincentive to camp the cops unless he has destroyed cars/boat already, and even then he might be at the wrong exit, which means potentially everyone still alive gets away since he can't morph and everyone will run to the other exit.

This sounds like a pretty good balance to me. The basic idea is that he is OP in preventing escape methods, OP when he's close to you, OP in finding you, fast enough to chase you, and can oneshot you, but is underpowered in that he has to get to where you or the objectives are to do it, and once you have started your escape he can't stop you unless you screw up.

This matches up with his ubsubtle, unsneaky nature in the show.

• Like 1

So I just rewatched the end of Jason X, and my observations:

* UberJason is *fast*. We never see him try to run, but he never really has an opportunity to run because they keep stopping him in small rooms and passages and block him with doors. His walking speed is noticeably fast though. I'd almost say, let him run.

* He has zero stealth, and there is *never* any doubt about where he is. He is not "everywhere at once".

* He is unstoppable, even by the robot.

So my thoughts on how to balance him.

1. Let him run. We never see any instance of him not running when he really should be able to, so while we don't know if he can run, I see no reason to automatically rule it out.

2. No morph. It's always obvious where he is if he's in line of sight. No shift -- instead he gets a sprint rather than a teleport-type affair. No stalk -- if he's around you it's bloody obvious because he's 2 tons of metal death.

3. Sense is on 24/7. He has cyborg sensor powers. Only the stealthiest of characters could hope to hide from him, at all. He sees every noise circle on the map from the very beginning of the match, and if your fear is high you are constantly highlighted.

4. Rage is on 24/7. He can go through everything. Barricading is pointless. He is un-stunnable by normal means. Shotgun or bear traps make him stop for maybe 1 second to shrug it off rather than a "stun". Flare to face does not slow him down at all.

5. Grabs are inescapable no matter your composure, BUT if he has grabbed someone, strong melee hit, shotgun or flare to face distracts him and he tosses person aside maybe 10-15 feet (with maybe 25% damage). Pocket knives do not work.

6. He can use throwing weapons. A hit is an insta-kill.

7. Because he can't morph, it takes him a while to get around the map. He can't be "everywhere at once". This is his key weakness.

8. However, he can *permanently break cars, boats, etc.* Maybe even permanently break phone box. So the game becomes a race to get escape methods working before he stops them. It's a race against how fast he can smash things. If you manage to get a car working and put enough distance, don't run into him, and don't crash close enough that you can't restart car in time, you are basically guaranteed an escape since he can't morph in front of you.

9. Whether or not he has the power to permanently break phone box, he does gain the power to *kill the cops*, thus giving him a way to permanently stop that escape method. The tradeoff is that he has to get there to kill them. He has a disincentive to camp the cops unless he has destroyed cars/boat already, and even then he might be at the wrong exit, which means potentially everyone still alive gets away since he can't morph and everyone will run to the other exit.

This sounds like a pretty good balance to me. The basic idea is that he is OP in preventing escape methods, OP when he's close to you, OP in finding you, fast enough to chase you, and can oneshot you, but is underpowered in that he has to get to where you or the objectives are to do it, and once you have started your escape he can't stop you unless you screw up.

This matches up with his ubsubtle, unsneaky nature in the show.

Not too bad at all.

Very plausible.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:38 AM, Kodiak said:

Uber Jason would be difficult to balance if he was included, but personally I would give him the following stats:

+ Weapon strength (naturally he'd be a hard hitter seeing as he was cybernetically augmented after getting rekt)

+ Grip strength (same as above; enhanced with machinery)

+ Not stun-able (Uber Jason is completely bulletproof, hell he was basically even laser proof. No weapons would have an effect on him)

- Shift (slow ass cooldown and slow speed when shifted)

- Can't run

- Morph (he could morph, but I would expect it to have a slow cooldown)

I'd expect rage to affect him in the normal way. There is currently no known way of defeating Jason (devs haven't said how to yet), so it wouldn't make sense for him to be indestructible - seeing as he already is. What would make sense is that he can't be stunned, hits hard, but his supernatural abilities take a bit of punishment to counteract his strength. He should be one of those types where if he gets near you, you're even more screwed than usual, but he's not everywhere at once like the part 2 one with his fast morph recharge.

This, this is the winner chicken dinner I'm seeing right here.

Durable up close but has some trouble GETTING close.

• Like 1