I'm wondering whether it would be "worth it" to modify the swimming behavior, such that:

A counselor who runs out of stamina will either drown (an insta-kill, as if Jason were pulling him or her under) or be required to float-in-place (lie on one's back) until his or her stamina regenerates.

I raise the issue because it's a consideration a swimmer must deal with in real life.

I suppose a further nuance would be counselors with a "fear" status activated would be more likely to "cramp" (the swimmer's near-equivalent of a runner "tripping")...

...But I'm more concerned with why a lack of stamina -wouldn't- make a counselor drown. (Or at least need to float on one's back until stamina is restored to a certain amount.)

• Like 1

Well you're not swimming very far. Seems like a 50 at max not a 500.

THE CANOE SHOULD BE MADE AVALABLE TO ROW DOWN SECRET HIDDEN PATH STREAMS THAT LEAD TO THE ABANDONED CAMP BLOOD.

PATH STREAMS SO HIDDEN THAT NO COUNSELOR SHALL EVER FIND THEM! MEANING THEY'LL NEVER BE IN THE GAME!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAHA. 

Oh, crap. I had my caps lock on. Hope I didn't come off looking like a loon. 

Doggy pattle.

As a nonswimmer, I call that the "drowning kitty." I still can't seem to stay afloat. 

• Like 1

Well you're not swimming very far. Seems like a 50 at max not a 500.

In feet, eh? (Correct me, if you're referring to another unit of measurement.)

Perhaps this can be adjusted-for with an additional "swimming" stat, as a stand-alone attribute...

...Or perhaps a counselor's maximum, continual-swim distance (without rest) can be imputed as a derivative of existing attributes, such as some transformation of the "stamina" and "speed" stats. Example:

Swimming stat = 0.75 stamina stat + 0.25 strength stat

Rationale: "Stamina" for obvious reasons, but "strength" factors-in because it measures the extent to which the swimmer can push-away the water encompassing him or her.

(I did not incorporate "speed" into my "swimming stat" because speed would not impact how many contiguous feet a counselor could swim, only how much time it takes for that counselor to reach that fixed distance.)

In a sense, the "swimming stat" could be another type of "stamina stat," whether as a stand-alone "swimming stamina" attribute or as a limit derived from existing attributes. (If not ignored completely, for the sake of game-play.)

• Like 1

It's meter. Sorry thought you were a swimmer. I don't think people are going to spend that much time in the water lol

• Like 1

Upon further reflection, perhaps there could be an item -- such as a life vest (or other flotation device) -- that allows a counselor to consume stamina at half-rate while swimming.

It could be an inventory item (as opposed to a wearable), at least until a later expansion.

Any further thoughts on this?

• Like 1

I just feel that if you go into the water you need to get out asap. That's an instant kill for Jason.

Another interesting idea, but if you watch some of the videos you'll see that when counselors in the water run out of stamina, they simply swim a lot slower and can't 'sprint' (for lack of a better word). On land, if they run out of stamina they're reduced to a slow jog, which suggests that they're not so drained they can't even move. 

Thinking logically, if they have no stamina in the water then it should reflect how they move on land - which would mean not completely drained to the point they can't move, they're just at the point where they can't physically exert themselves. 

The life jacket is a cool idea, but from a developer's standpoint it's obsolete when there's a boat you can use :) which there will be in the full game.

The stamina penalty is already severe in speed reduction to where any Jason underwater can and will catch up to a fully-exhausted counselor. Would be pretty unwise to cause an instakill just because someone is tired and given the stamina drain would make it completely unplayable for a counselor to even attempt to go into the water at any point in the game. 

We believe the current set up works better for overall gameplay. 

Also, welcome to the forum but please be aware that we ask users not to over-edit their posts when making topics or replies. We also ask that you not double post in threads and either wait for a response or edit your last post as to avoid spam. 

Thanks!

THE CANOE SHOULD BE MADE AVALABLE TO ROW DOWN SECRET HIDDEN PATH STREAMS THAT LEAD TO THE ABANDONED CAMP BLOOD.

Stay on topic, please. One more off-topic post will result in a month's suspension, Darrin. This is your final verbal warning. 

Another interesting idea, but if you watch some of the videos you'll see that when counselors in the water run out of stamina, they simply swim a lot slower and can't 'sprint' (for lack of a better word). On land, if they run out of stamina they're reduced to a slow jog, which suggests that they're not so drained they can't even move. 

Thinking logically, if they have no stamina in the water then it should reflect how they move on land - which would mean not completely drained to the point they can't move, they're just at the point where they can't physically exert themselves. 

The life jacket is a cool idea, but from a developer's standpoint it's obsolete when there's a boat you can use :) which there will be in the full game.

My line of thinking was that the life jacket could be instantly usable, whereas the powerboat would need a repaired motor and the kayak would need an oar (or two).

But considering the official development team's response below, my contentions have become a fanciful "what-if" scenario!

The stamina penalty is already severe in speed reduction to where any Jason underwater can and will catch up to a fully-exhausted counselor. Would be pretty unwise to cause an instakill just because someone is tired and given the stamina drain would make it completely unplayable for a counselor to even attempt to go into the water at any point in the game. 

We believe the current set up works better for overall gameplay. 

Also, welcome to the forum but please be aware that we ask users not to over-edit their posts when making topics or replies. We also ask that you not double post in threads and either wait for a response or edit your last post as to avoid spam. 

Thanks!

Stay on topic, please. One more off-topic post will result in a month's suspension, Darrin. This is your final verbal warning. 

Thanks for taking the time to decisively weigh-in on this topic, and upon the counselor's inability to become electrocuted while repairing the phone box. It would seem there really does come a point where having too realistic of a simulation ruins the game-play!

[NOTE: Edited -once-, to add the word "to" between "time" and "decisively." Am hoping this is not "excessive editing," as I have been alleged by the development team rep / forum admin.]

• Like 1