I remember hearing that Jason's rage mode only last for a certain amount of time and while it's active you can instantly burst through doors and walls, and all other abilities are super charged but it goes back to normal when it runs out but I saw in several videos I watched of the beta sometimes people would activate rage and go several minutes (in one video I saw it was at least 5 minutes or more) before going near a cabin but still be able to instantly burst through doors. So I was wondering if the devs could shine a little light onto the rage ability. like when it's activated is there a certain pre determined number of doors and walls he can break through and once he goes through that number he can't do it anymore or is it on a timer or is it something different?

Once activated it stayed on i believe. But after getting beta feedback and tweaking the game it is now activated automatically

• Like 1

So it just stays on for the rest of the match? That seems kind of unfair because I've seem some videos where people get rage like ten minutes into the game and that leaves then entire rest of the match where locking and barricadeing doors become essentially useless and going into cabins basically doesn't have a point becAuse you won't be able to rest or find something because he can just come straight in. If for the rest of the match you can just break through everything then they either need to make rage only available for the last like 5 minutes of the game or they need to change how rage works.

From what i know its on a timer its the last ability that becomes available u cant turn it on till the timer runs out and all other 3 abilities are already able to be activated. I cant recall how long in beta it was before u could turn rage on but it wasnt early in the match thats for sure

Surviving for 20 minutes is supposed to be the least likely option for a survivor to win.  With rage + map-wide sense, you either get out early or you don't get out.  This should make matches much faster paced and more tense.

• Like 4

I'm not sure but it MAY be that getting kills speeds up the Rage meter, at least that's what it felt like. A match lasts 20 minutes, so if it activates at 10 minutes then I think that's fine. I heard at one of the panels they said it's on a timer, so it may just be a fixed amount of time now.

The Rage meter builds the more fear you instill like the other abilities, but it is the last skill to activate. Killing counselors helps it along a bit faster, I've had it ready to go after maybe 3 kills, but yes once you get it Rage stays on.

So it just stays on for the rest of the match? That seems kind of unfair because I've seem some videos where people get rage like ten minutes into the game and that leaves then entire rest of the match where locking and barricadeing doors become essentially useless and going into cabins basically doesn't have a point becAuse you won't be able to rest or find something because he can just come straight in. If for the rest of the match you can just break through everything then they either need to make rage only available for the last like 5 minutes of the game or they need to change how rage works.

It's meant to be unfair, it's Jason Vorhees. If this only lasted a few minutes people would just use the cheapest tricks to distract Jason such as hopping from cabin to cabin or running around objects where he can't keep up.

• Like 2

I posted a countermeasure against rage, its one time use, rare find item. A last ditch effort to save a counselor who has no hope.

The Rage meter builds the more fear you instill like the other abilities, but it is the last skill to activate. Killing counselors helps it along a bit faster, I've had it ready to go after maybe 3 kills, but yes once you get it Rage stays on.

I think you're right. There were some matches where I got Rage earlier in the round and sometimes it was later in the round. However it's done, you can increase the speed at which you gain your abilities.

Sorry, but please search before making new topics on things that have been discussed at length :/.