Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ResolutionBlaze

Is Randomized Cabins Still A Thing?

8 posts in this topic

Upon playing the beta, I became worried of a thing.

I recall earlier before the “delay” of the launch, they stated that cabin locations/positions and set up will change.

Will that still be a feature?  I don’t recall many of the cabins changing positions, or having windows change or doors switch.

Phone remained stagnant, so did the vehicles.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the randomized cabins portion, but I’m fairly certain they stated something of the sort.  I know Charmenx said so, and he interviewed Wes that time over Skype.

So is this still a thing?  Was it just not in the beta?  Because I know many features weren’t in the beta, thankfully because I wanna experience this for myself when launch comes around, but I would love confirmation.

I was thinking that they were saying the cabins and car's would be in random places on the map for each match. Not sure about cabin specs changing.

No I think they mean items weapons gas and phone randomize every match the actual cabins and layout inside the cabins stay the same!

Everything will be randomized each time, however the cabin locations will probably remain the same

Jpops / Devs ?

I'm sure that it's just the cars and items phone. Ther said that it took them forever to get the layout of the camp for authenticity. At least that's what I recall.

1 person likes this

I'm sure that it's just the cars and items phone. Ther said that it took them forever to get the layout of the camp for authenticity. At least that's what I recall.

*The layout of the main Higgins House/Packanack Lodge. On a side note, in the beta sometimes there would only be 1 door on some cabins, and some windows were blocked, in a video on the Gun Media YouTube channel they said, for example, maybe one game theres 4 cabins at Evergreen  and next game only 3 and maybe they have less/more doors/windows. Also recently when talking about the Packanack Lodge map they mentioned again how hard it was to implement the random cabins but it IS in the game.

If you watch streams and pay attention to specific cabins you will see that their interiors change. The number of rooms, the kinds of rooms, and so on will change. Take Stillwater for example. I remember once seeing a big main room with a fireplace and some tables, and some bedrooms on the other side. Another time, there were no fireplaces, it had a kitchen instead and one long hallway connecting all the rooms. Yes, the interiors of the cabins do indeed change, as do the placement of the doors and windows on the outside of the cabins. The "main attraction" of each map, like the specific Higgens Haven house and Packanack Lodge will always remain the same, but the items within will change.

1 person likes this