Sign in to follow this  
Kalopsia

Fate of the Pitchfork Weapon

So with all the launch Jason's revealed, I've noticed a complete lack of the pitchfork. I never found it in the beta, is it an environment weapon or was it something that had to be cut to maintain the M rating? That kill where he lifts the counselor and watches them struggle was incredibly brutal. 

No.

Because you can also do that with the spear.  And you have way worse kills than that.

Should be able to equip it.  Half the weapons were not there in the beta.

No.

Because you can also do that with the spear.  And you have way worse kills than that.

Should be able to equip it.  Half the weapons were not there in the beta.

According to the devs each Jason is designated a single weapon due to all the mocap and animation required for it. That might have changed, but there's been no word on it yet. 

According to the devs each Jason is designated a single weapon due to all the mocap and animation required for it. That might have changed, but there's been no word on it yet. 

I honestly doubt it... At least I hope so.

I heard each Jason will have a unique weapon that doesn't mean each Jason will not be able to use more than one weapon.  Just that Part 3 can't use Part 8's Fireaxe.

That's me speculating; they honestly need to clarify the issue.

If anyone is to have it it would be Tom Savini's Jason.

I heard each Jason will have a unique weapon that doesn't mean each Jason will not be able to use more than one weapon.  Just that Part 3 can't use Part 8's Fireaxe.

One of the things that would disqualify the pitch fork as a regular weapon would be you can't chop down doors with it like all the other weapons. So I don't know what's going on but it's going to suck if the pitchfork is gone. 

All Jasons are mocapped by Kane, so why would it be an issue to swap weapons? It's the same performance across all Jasons. They could have it where each Jason starts with the weapons they have now then unlock the others as you progress. Whatever grab kills you have equipped for "1,2,3,4/a,b,x,y" would only work for a specific weapon of course. If you switch weapons in the menu, each weapons assigned kills would be saved. It would be quite feasible to do this.

• Like 1

I have made MANY forums on the subject of Jason weapons and at this point I can confirm 1 weapon per Jason no swappable each is stuck with what they get

I do hope that weapons can be chosen at startup when you pick your Jason, would be a bummer if you can't.

The Jason skeletonized frame from mo-cap just needs to be skinned with the chosen Jason allowing for that, heck, I was even able to do it through GAMEMAKER on PC years ago with no programming knowledge.

I have made MANY forums on the subject of Jason weapons and at this point I can confirm 1 weapon per Jason no swappable each is stuck with what they get

Guess it's cut then. 

One of the things that would disqualify the pitch fork as a regular weapon would be you can't chop down doors with it like all the other weapons. So I don't know what's going on but it's going to suck if the pitchfork is gone.

Part 6 has a spear,it's going to be interesting to see how chopping down a door works with that. Maybe they will have Jason using his fists to break down the door? Different animation maybe?

Part 6 is the only one with a true unique weapon imo. Oh well part 2s pick axe also. Everything else just feels generic. I dont know... If part 4 gets in he better have a bonesaw. Part 8 should have a harpoon gun.

• Like 1

id like to see the smaller weapons that were in the movies like the meatclever,the saw in the hospital in part 4. the throwing knife that jason pulled out of his leg in part 3 after kris stabbed him.

• Like 1

What if the pitchfork goes to the tom savini one which would be a nice nod to the fact that satan uses a tirdent like thing

I was wondering about this as well. I hope it's at least an environmental kill, and not taken out of the game completely. Maybe Ben, or someone else could shed some light on this.

i really wish we would have gotten the pitchfork, maybe for another skin down the line would be really epic or maybe as a second weapon as a dlc for part 2?

It would be great if they were unlocks for each Jason. Kill 50 people in the barn unlock the pitchfork! 20 kills in the kitchen get the cleaver! 5 swirly kills get plunger..... too far?

Jason has killed more people with a pitchfork than mining pick in he movies, so it would be a grand shame if the weapon doesn't become available at some point; especially considering the axe-fest.