Sign in to follow this  
bewareofbears

Jason Goes to Hell Character Model

Well, realistically there's only 2 types of weapons to pick from: blunt or bladed. They could pick axes, bladed weapons (i.e.: machete, no swords though), clubs, improvised weapons (e.g.: rebar with a big piece of concrete at the end) or spears. There's room for more medieval weapons, but realistically what is Jason most likely to find?

A spear makes sense to find on a boat or dock. Axes could be found around any wooded area. A machete would likely be found in a house, or somewhere where there is thick overgrowth that needs chopping. Improvised weapons could be found around anywhere where construction is ongoing, or previously was ongoing.

It's a bit limited with the kinds of weapons Jason could actually obtain. Axes are probably the most likely weapons he would find after getting out of his grave.

Dude...as said before, Jason has killed over 200 people. With numerous weapons. There are no shortage of weapons to choose from. He didnt always resort to axes when living or dead. This isn't Hatchet. I wont hold it against you...everyones not a student of the f13 films or horror in general. I myself, obsess over it. Trust me, there are plenty of options Jason couldve had.

I'll keep saying it...the possibility that Jason will wield only 1 weapon at final release is minimal,the devs probably know that it would be stupid to not give us a bit of variety.

But hey,you guys keep denying the obvious and continue to believe that there will be 1 weapon per Jason,im getting tired trying to explain to you guys.

And dont you dare say that it's because of wich version of Jason model versus mocap animations,we can clearly see both Part 2 and 3 Jason using different weapons during the 2016 trailer.

Ben kindve indicated that there will only be 1 weapon per Jason. He wasnt too specific, but he said in a nutshell there is a reason why they chose specific weapons for each Jason. Has something to do with kill animations I think. Bad idea? Yes. But...this team is extremely limited with everything. I still maintain there will only be 1 axe per...ahem I mean weapon per Jason. Could be (hopefully) Im wrong. But youre right the trailer did show Jasons with different weapons. If this is so, I dont know why they would keep this a secret, its pissing people off.

Dude...as said before, Jason has killed over 200 people. With numerous weapons. There are no shortage of weapons to choose from. He didnt always resort to axes when living or dead. This isn't Hatchet. I wont hold it against you...everyones not a student of the f13 films or horror in general. I myself, obsess over it. Trust me, there are plenty of options Jason couldve had.

So true

I'll be utterly disappointed if the majority of Jason's have different types of (some silly looking) axes over different machete types. His most iconic weapon.

But since these guys are big Jason fans im sure that won't be the case...

I see people suggesting things like a hacksaw for Jason or harpoon guns. I think from the motion capture, it has to be a weapon that you "swipe", "hack" and "slash" with. Which is why we have axes, machetes, pick-axes etc etc You have to be able to "free-swipe" with it. You can't free swipe with a hacksaw or a harpoon gun. Think that's also the problem with things like "ice picks"...people would complain they can't get in close enough to make free swipe attacks/kills.

• Like 1

Killing animations as nothing to do with how a Jason model work when it comes to mocap animations.

I've seen footages of Part 3 Jason lifting a councellor with the pitchfork then looking at him,then i saw a video by Paul Phoenix doing the same animation with Part 6 Jason+cemetery fence pike and the animation looked perfectly fine.

Also you guys are forgetting something,the spear from part 2 is in the virtual cabin and we saw part 2 Jason using it in the 2016 trailer,we also saw part 3 Jason using the pickaxe in that trailer.

Why would the devs modeled the Part 2 spear if they dont even plan in using it,that's why i think we will be able to choose more than 1 weapon per Jason.

I hope each Jason is not locked to the weapons that have been shown so far. At the very least, we should be able to swap out what weapons we've seen so far with any Jason. They all have the same performance by Kane, the mocap is the same across all of them, so I think it would be easy to swap them around. It could be something to look forward to unlocking in character progression.

I just created a topic about this suggesting he use a machete.

Damn strange they gave him a axe when in Jason form he only used a machete in the film

He needed a unique weapon.  Part 7 used the Machete.

I hope that we can equip a machete still.

Killing animations as nothing to do with how a Jason model work when it comes to mocap animations.

I've seen footages of Part 3 Jason lifting a councellor with the pitchfork then looking at him,then i saw a video by Paul Phoenix doing the same animation with Part 6 Jason+cemetery fence pike and the animation looked perfectly fine.

Also you guys are forgetting something,the spear from part 2 is in the virtual cabin and we saw part 2 Jason using it in the 2016 trailer,we also saw part 3 Jason using the pickaxe in that trailer.

Why would the devs modeled the Part 2 spear if they dont even plan in using it,that's why i think we will be able to choose more than 1 weapon per Jason.

I'm not talking about animated kills when you have hold of a counselor...I'm talking about when you free-swipe with your weapon.

He needed a unique weapon. Part 7 used the Machete.

But it's not exactly unique just a different axe variation.

If they're just going to give us another variation on a axe why not just do that with a machete?

Why not just give him a different machete variation since they all don't have the same length, blade shapes etc

I also hope we can use a machete with him

He needed a unique weapon.  Part 7 used the Machete.

I dont want to burst your bubble,but the machete was also present in most of the other F13 films.

It was in Part  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,FvJ and 2009 remake...so only part 8 didnt have a machete,well as far as i can remember.

I dont want to burst your bubble,but the machete was also present in most of the other F13 films.

It was in Part  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,FvJ and 2009 remake...so only part 8 didnt have a machete,well as far as i can remember.

That's why I added in "I hope they all get to use the machete"

They said each Jason gets a unique weapon.

If this is the case, and every Jason in the game can use a machete (which I hope that is), then Part 7 is the only Jason in the game WITHOUT a unique weapon of his own.

However, if this is the case and every Jason in the game cannot use a machete (which I hope isn't the case) then Part 7 has the machete as his unique weapon that no other Jason can use, which I think is bonkers.

So that would be the worst case scenario why Part 9 won't be using a machete.  Because Part 7 has that as his unique weapon.

Best case scenario, the axe is just to give Part 9 a unique weapon and Part 7 just doesn't have a unique weapon yet.

That's why I added in "I hope they all get to use the machete"

They said each Jason gets a unique weapon.

If this is the case, and every Jason in the game can use a machete (which I hope that is), then Part 7 is the only Jason in the game WITHOUT a unique weapon of his own.

However, if this is the case and every Jason in the game cannot use a machete (which I hope isn't the case) then Part 7 has the machete as his unique weapon that no other Jason can use, which I think is bonkers.

So that would be the worst case scenario why Part 9 won't be using a machete.  Because Part 7 has that as his unique weapon.

Best case scenario, the axe is just to give Part 9 a unique weapon and Part 7 just doesn't have a unique weapon yet.

That's why i think if there should be a unique weapon for Part 7 Jason it would be the sling blade...

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/3253-the-kaisersling-blade-from-part-7used-to-kill-tinas-mom/

That's why i think if there should be a unique weapon for Part 7 Jason it would be the sling blade...

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/3253-the-kaisersling-blade-from-part-7used-to-kill-tinas-mom/

Agreed.

Even if it shared animations with the pitchfork and spear, I would take that over having him be the only Jason to use a machete.

If this is a temporary thing, I can accept it.  If not, I think its bonkers and will be my main major gripe with this game.  Would be one of the few decisions I think this team fell short on.

I'm fine with each Jason having particular weapons only they can use.  I am not okay with those weapons being a machete which is one of the most common and iconic weapons he has used.

I think it's less about the actual kill animations and more about the rest of them. Kane Hodder gave each Jason their own unique stance, like Part 8 does the signature breathing. But also the way they hold and attack with weapons would have to be done with the way he does those Jasons. 

Anyway we will see once the game release or when the devs have 100% confirmed,for the moment it's only speculations.

Kane Hodder gave each Jason their own unique stance, like Part 8 does the signature breathing. But also the way they hold and attack with weapons would have to be done with the way he does those Jasons. 

You think? Cant say I've noticed this? Figured all models had the same breathing pattern? J6 breaths although he doesn't in the film.

• Like 1

You think? Cant say I've noticed this? Figured all models had the same breathing pattern? J6 breaths although he doesn't in the film.

Yeah I noticed 2 did as well. I think they are all the same just reskinned

I'm not talking about animated kills when you have hold of a counselor...I'm talking about when you free-swipe with your weapon.

I dont think the free-swipe is affected by the walking/running/power walking animations either,weither you are using Human Jason or Undead Jason the movement animation is cancelled once you do a weapon swiping animation.

As for how Jason is holding a weapon,weither he wield a machete or a axe or a spear,those are all wielded the same way,the position of the hand stay basically the same.

And if the devs need to make some tweaks to the animations depending on the weapon or version of Jason,something tell me it wont be too difficult and dont take too much time to animate.

I dont think the free-swipe is affected by the walking/running/power walking animations either,weither you are using Human Jason or Undead Jason the movement animation is cancelled once you do a weapon swiping animation.

As for how Jason is holding a weapon,weither he wield a machete or a axe or a spear,those are all wielded the same way,the position of the hand stay basically the same.

And if the devs need to make some tweaks to the animations depending on the weapon or version of Jason,something tell me it wont be too difficult and dont take too much time to animate.

It'd be nice if we had some clarification. By that I mean more clear explaination. I think this deserves a wes forum post of its own.

@GunMedia_Ben @wes

If nothing else, make adjustments post-launch for more content giving Part 7 a more unique weapon and letting all Jasons use machete.

• Like 1

It'd be nice if we had some clarification. By that I mean more clear explaination. I think this deserves a wes forum post of its own.

@GunMedia_Ben @wes

If nothing else, make adjustments post-launch for more content giving Part 7 a more unique weapon and letting all Jasons use machete.

Gotta agree with you Resolution. Like Pamela and other issues Wes has addressed...it's definitely one Wes needs to address. It's been consistently discussed and questioned since September 2015!