Sign in to follow this  
bewareofbears

Jason Goes to Hell Character Model

Every Jason should have the default machete as weapon and if you find an alternate around camp you can switch..or...jason should have machete and 1 other unique weapon to use.

• Like 1

i love the model. they lied about jason being able to pick up random weapons threw out the map. when they took that away it kinda ruined the f13/jason he uses alot of weapons threw out the whole movies. but i do wish they would have left the eye correct with the movie. i hated the non jason part of the film.

They never said anything or confirmed anything of this sort.

• Like 1

I spoke with the bigger guy i think randy in oct and he said in that chat that jason would be able to pick up weapons if he finds them. then on twitter right before the beta hobbs or/and wes said jason will only have the weapons they let you start with. that has been confirmed.

Just checked it was Randy Greenback that confirmed this. He did say it could possible change but i dont think it will this late in the game

Love the jason goes to hell model, the film is my personal worst film and i couldn't watch it again, but the Jason in it looks awesome and looks just like the actual model other than his body is a bit thinned out.

• Like 1

Where did Gun specifically say random weapons were going to be available?

I spoke with the bigger guy i think randy in oct and he said in that chat that jason would be able to pick up weapons if he finds them. then on twitter right before the beta hobbs or/and wes said jason will only have the weapons they let you start with. that has been confirmed.

Just checked it was Randy Greenback that confirmed this. He did say it could possible change but i dont think it will this late in the game

Ok. So things changed during development. It's not a lie per' se. 

Love the jason goes to hell model, the film is my personal worst film and i couldn't watch it again, but the Jason in it looks awesome and looks just like the actual model other than his body is a bit thinned out.

That Jason 7, 8, and 9 seem to be a little thin seems to be a recurring theme on here. Sort it Devs! These Jason's need a little more meat on their bones!

• Like 1

That Jason 7, 8, and 9 seem to be a little thin seems to be a recurring theme on here. Sort it Devs! These Jason's need a little more meat on their bones!

yeah i agree especially 8 and 9, it would be more scarier seeing a more stocky and taller jason walking around!

J6 and J8 are arguably the bulkiest Jasons of the series. J6 is noticeably bigger than them all. That's not right. J7 to J9 all need bulking up slightly. Particularly J8. I would say Jason is at his bulkiest in Part VIII.

So what exactly is confirmed?

That jason would not be able to pick up and use random weapons threw out a match.

back on topic: I think pt 9 is the thickest of all the jasons. he might not be the tallest as its kane. but he had a belly on him. they got the model real close.

Couldn't find a thread dedicated to the Part 9 Jason skin.

I'm not a fan of him having an axe. I would have preferred a machete. The only moment in that film that could even be considered an iconic moment/image is when he raises his machete before being blow'd up.

Edit:

image.jpg

Edit 2:

image.jpg

They did a great job on this model. The giant novelty axe is the only thing out of place. The undermask is pretty cool, should be crazy seeing it in-game when his mask is knocked off.

I just created a topic about this suggesting he use a machete.

Damn strange they gave him a axe when in Jason form he only used a machete in the film

It's interesting that they gave him the two-bit axe, but so far every Jason has had their own unique weapon.

Part 2 (beta): Pickaxe

Part 3 (beta): Woodsman's axe

Part 6: Spear

Part 7: Machete

Part 8: Fire axe

Part 9: Two-bit axe

Savini's Jason: Currently unknown, but none of the above.

There's a recurring theme of axes. I think the devs didn't want to give every Jason a machete because there'd be no variation, and seeing as they already had two different two-handed axes (Woodsman's axe and fire axe) they weren't really left with that many other options that made sense. I couldn't see Jason wielding any medieval type axes, but a two-bit axe makes sense. Think of it like this: what kind of axe do you think Jason is likely to find in the woods? A two-bit axe is a big weapon, but there's a possibility that he could find one :)

It's interesting that they gave him the two-bit axe, but so far every Jason has had their own unique weapon.

Part 2 (beta): Pickaxe

Part 3 (beta): Woodsman's axe

Part 6: Spear

Part 7: Machete

Part 8: Fire axe

Part 9: Two-bit axe

Savini's Jason: Currently unknown, but none of the above.

There's a recurring theme of axes. I think the devs didn't want to give every Jason a machete because there'd be no variation, and seeing as they already had two different two-handed axes (Woodsman's axe and fire axe) they weren't really left with that many other options that made sense. I couldn't see Jason wielding any medieval type axes, but a two-bit axe makes sense. Think of it like this: what kind of axe do you think Jason is likely to find in the woods? A two-bit axe is a big weapon, but there's a possibility that he could find one :)

Instead of all these axe variations they could have easily given him a different type of knife or machete.

There are various different types of machetes and this Jason could do with one since he never used a axe.

Indeed that's true, but it's what the devs thought would be best for their versions of Jason :) I'm assuming they felt that axes and generally large/long weapons had more of an intimidating appearance and better creative kill potential than repeated machetes or bladed weapons. Only the devs know why they chose the weapons they did, it's just speculation for the rest of us.

I personally aren't fussed about whether or not Jason used any of his weapons in any of the movies. As long as the weapons aren't boring then I'm happy.

• Like 1

Indeed that's true, but it's what the devs thought would be best for their versions of Jason :) I'm assuming they felt that axes and generally large/long weapons had more of an intimidating appearance and better creative kill potential than repeated machetes or bladed weapons. Only the devs know why they chose the weapons they did, it's just speculation for the rest of us.

I personally aren't fussed about whether or not Jason used any of his weapons in any of the movies. As long as the weapons aren't boring then I'm happy.

I'm not sure if this is true but I have seen some people mention Jason's weapons are changeable?

So at the start of the match you pick what weapon you want him to use?

May just be a rumour

At this stage it's just a rumor I'm afraid. It may have been planned at some point earlier in development, as you can see on the XIII kill trailer that part 2 actually had a pitchfork instead of a pickaxe, which is what he wielded in the beta. There wasn't any option to change his weapons during the beta.

I think weapon swapping has been discussed on a different topic (can't remember specifically which one).

Im sick of all these axes.

Even the two-bit axe the JGTH Jason has? I personally think it's the most badass looking weapon out of the lot, except for possibly the one the Savini Jason will have :)

Jason 3...axe..Jason 8..yup..its an axe..oh and Jason 9...yeah, thats an axe.(again) hell, there arent that many Jasons in the game. Lets give Savini Hell Jason a viking battleaxe while we're at it.

Lets give Savini Hell Jason a viking battleaxe while we're at it.

It honestly does seem like it's going to be a pole arm ax or some sort of spade.  :/

• Like 1

Not to mention, although different, part 2 has a "pick AXE". creativity runs low when thinking of core weapons probably, no biggie.