bewareofbears

Dead by Daylight killers going on "strike"

17 posts in this topic

I haven't played Dead by Daylight but I found this interesting/hilarious/insane:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135510393202546683/?ctp=148#c135510669596848212

Sometimes I forget how seriously people take video games. It's literally batshit crazy. My view of the world has lessened.

Insane, indeed. 

Back in my day if I didn't like a game, I didn't play it. I didn't organize a political movement. 

2 people like this

Insane, indeed. 

Back in my day if I didn't like a game, I didn't play it. I didn't organize a political movement.

Ditto.

Man this is hilarious hahaha

Sadly, at the moment, we don't have access to alternative games like this.

We are stuck with DbD.

But that perk is absolute bullshit. I've said this before about the perk system in the game; it's garbage and has no balance.

"Eeeeh just use counter perks"

Oh gee, lemme just equip perks that I have and cross my fingers and hope that oNE of my four perks can counter all 16 other total perks the survivors have.

Huh. I've never played dbd but honestly I kind of agree with the strike. I'd feel the same way if counselors got too many miraculous survival perks in F13 even if I play one, there's a sense of suspense and panic when you get caught by Jason and know you aren't going to escape easily. That's the point of a survival game. Maybe that'll bode well for us though, we'll have people dropping dbd to play Jason ;)

Never played Dead by Daylight... ;)

Honestly though, the game only needs to fix its search system when playing with friends, its nearly impossible. I still play it now and again but only to play as the killer.

1 person likes this

Now I think about it, a new community as well. Way too many salty people and tea baggers, just ruins the atmosphere.

There but for the Grace of God (and good developers) goes any multiplayer game.

An attentive, communicative and just plain good dev team is a must. As is a user base willing to help and communicate themselves.

By the time it gets to this point...well, bad decisions have followed bad.

1 person likes this

I play dbd off and on, and this doesn't surprise me.

Sometimes I forget how seriously people take video games. It's literally batshit crazy. My view of the world has lessened.

Devils advocate here, but if someone REALLY likes what a game used to be than the developers go and fuck it in the ass. I think they have the right to be a little mad.

The DBD devs go OUT OF THEIR WAY to ignore community feedback... The last 3 patches have left killers half way to blind, deaf and dumb. Now they intend on adding a new perk that lowers killer ability to kill even more.

I see nothing wrong with complaining when the devs just arn't listening. Especially when its killing their game, they have went from 35k active players to about 10000 due to their negligence.

We are stuck with DbD.

Pretty much why i'm OK with this type of action, they have the only game in town until F13 comes out. So if you liked how it used to be your fucked.

1 person likes this

Insane, indeed. 

I played Dead by Daylight quite a bit and I pretty much did just that. It was fun in the beginning but it just got ridiculous to the point that I just couldn't have any fun with it. I played killer as well and had my fun playing the scare side, where I chase and just maybe kill one now and again but for the most part I would sometimes let them go as well if they gave me a good game.

-------------Start of Gameplay Overview-------------

Quick gameplay explanation for those that haven't played. There's one killer and four survivors per game, killer place in the narrowed field of 1st person view, the survivors get 3rd person, so it is possible, and often does happen, that a survivor can crouch and walk right under you and you won't see them unless you look down, also a tactic known as body blocking. The only way you can instant kill like in F13 is if you've unlocked a one-time use Morii offering that you sacrifice at the start of the game. If you have that you can knock a player down and instant kill them. If not, you have to knock a player down and then stick them on a hook.

Once on the hook the player's timer will start to slowly drain until they are either dead or rescued by another survivor. Now in order to knock down a survivor you have to hit them twice, but they can heal after a hit with the Self Care perk, a medkit, or from another survivor/perks. As you might expect, that does make it tough to even down a survivor. Survivors can destroy the hooks as well, which can be a huge pain for the killer, and perks with toolboxes make that a very easy and rather quick job. Killers also can't see where the hooks are unless they are carrying a player to hook.

-------------End of Gameplay Overview-------------

Something changed over the last few months and it went from me having fun in those little games I enjoyed to pretty much every single game being sabo squad matches, where 2-4 of the team would all be traited for hook destruction. In one game all of my hooks save the far away basement hooks that can't be destroyed were gone in about 3 minutes. When your hooks are gone the only thing you can do as a killer is either try to slug the players (knock them all down and wait for them to very slowly bleed out) or down them and hope that you have iron grasp and can make that long run to the basement. That I will tell you now is boring as hell, and one of the reasons that I stopped playing. 

I get where those guys that enjoy the game are coming from as it is very slanted to the survivor's favor. I've kept a check on things here and there since I stopped and it seems like that slant is getting worse. Killer's Machine Gun Perk got the ol nerf bat (and I'll admit it needed it but so do some other things to make the game fun again), Hillbilly's chainsaw flick was dubbed a bug and removed but they're considering putting it back in due to the chainsaw being a bit useless atm, and that new Borrowed Time perk, well, that one is just ridiculous.

I'll readily admit hook camping from some killers, while a legit strategy as stated by the devs, is something that should be discouraged as that, to me, is just as bad as destroying the hooks.

As much as I enjoyed that game to begin with I just had to shelve it. And it's because it just isn't fun in it's current state. It's why I found myself loving F13 so much. The killer, Jason in this case, is a real threat and if you try to get in his face he's gonna push your $h!t in. There are no 3 times on the hook before you're dead with insta heals on the run and a super perk to evade death while sticking it to the killer and laughing on the way out the gate. If you're on a hook in F13 it's probably been shoved up your arse.

Ultimately, a day strike will do nothing and change nothing. So best to stick it back in the folder and move on til the devs get that mess back together. It was a fun game at once. Maybe one day it will be again. But right now I couldn't recommend it.

We are stuck with DbD.

But that perk is absolute bullshit. I've said this before about the perk system in the game; it's garbage and has no balance.

"Eeeeh just use counter perks"

Oh gee, lemme just equip perks that I have and cross my fingers and hope that oNE of my four perks can counter all 16 other total perks the survivors have.

Not sure how it is, but one game similar to this sort came out not too long ago called White Noise 2. Couldn't say if it's any good or not though.

Never played Dead by Daylight...   ;)

Honestly though, the game only needs to fix its search system when playing with friends, its nearly impossible. I still play it now and again but only to play as the killer.

1 person likes this

I play dbd off and on, and this doesn't surprise me.

Devils advocate here, but if someone REALLY likes what a game used to be than the developers go and fuck it in the ass. I think they have the right to be a little mad.

The DBD devs go OUT OF THEIR WAY to ignore community feedback... The last 3 patches have left killers half way to blind, deaf and dumb. Now they intend on adding a new perk that lowers killer ability to kill even more.

I see nothing wrong with complaining when the devs just arn't listening. Especially when its killing their game, they have went from 35k active players to about 10000 due to their negligence.

Pretty much why i'm OK with this type of action, they have the only game in town until F13 comes out. So if you liked how it used to be your fucked.

I agree they have a right to be upset, don't get me wrong. If it started well and is currently an unbalanced piece of shit that would be a kick in the nuts, for sure. I don't think a "strike" will accomplish anything though. Stopping playing altogether is the only thing that will affect anything- the strike punishes players, people stopping playing/giving bad reviews/discouraging others from buying the game punishes the developers by hitting them in the wallet.

Unfortunately it sounds like they've already made their money and couldn't care.

Huh. I've never played dbd but honestly I kind of agree with the strike. I'd feel the same way if counselors got too many miraculous survival perks in F13 even if I play one, there's a sense of suspense and panic when you get caught by Jason and know you aren't going to escape easily. That's the point of a survival game. Maybe that'll bode well for us though, we'll have people dropping dbd to play Jason ;)

Yea, this is a new concern of mine. I'm starting to think giving people the option to opt out of playing either Jason or counselors basically just sets the game up for this exact scenario six months to a year from now.

As much as I enjoyed that game to begin with I just had to shelve it. And it's because it just isn't fun in it's current state. It's why I found myself loving F13 so much. The killer, Jason in this case, is a real threat and if you try to get in his face he's gonna push your $h!t in. There are no 3 times on the hook before you're dead with insta heals on the run and a super perk to evade death while sticking it to the killer and laughing on the way out the gate. If you're on a hook in F13 it's probably been shoved up your arse.

Yeah, I watched a few streams and I can say the hook thing was a big turnoff. I really think that in games like this, survival needs to be something special that isn't promised. It's why when I hear "Jason needs to be nerfed" I shake my head and think "Nope. You meet Jason, you're expected to die". It seems Gun shares the sentiment and I'm happy about that fact. 

Down to 10,000? Wow. I wonder how many of those are gonna drop DbD like a hot potato once "Early 2017" comes. 

I took you at your word. I was just leapfrogging the logic of how dead DBD is going to be once F13 hits. What do you think? Couple hundred dedicated fans left? 

Yeah, I watched a few streams and I can say the hook thing was a big turnoff. I really think that in games like this, survival needs to be something special that isn't promised. It's why when I hear "Jason needs to be nerfed" I shake my head and think "Nope. You meet Jason, you're expected to die". It seems Gun shares the sentiment and I'm happy about that fact. 

Down to 10,000? Wow. I wonder how many of those are gonna drop DbD like a hot potato once "Early 2017" comes. 

Hopefully not that many since they're usually salty kids that use the cheapest tricks in the book as much as possible and take away from the horror atmosphere, not to mention taunting/teabagging behind barricades.

Hopefully not that many since they're usually salty kids that use the cheapest tricks in the book as much as possible and take away from the horror atmosphere, not to mention taunting/teabagging behind barricades.

I honestly hope there is a revival after it dies.

Kinda like Evolve.  I was actually thinking of picking Evolve up before it was shut down.

Sounds like Dead By Daylight is going down the same path.