GrifterWolf

An idea to improve water kills-

So looking back on the beta so... so many months ago. I fondly remember the water kill, I love how it's so quick and powerful and a devastating instant kill to anyone ..."lucky"...? enough to experience Jason's loving embrace.

But I did find a little bit lacking, I'm not sure if it will be improved on release but here were a couple thoughts I'd had on the subject.

1. Glub Glub! So, aside from a gasp as Jason ambushes you, there is little else to the kill. Being the dramatic psycho our lovable killer is, maybe add a bit more sound to the kill! Like a gurgled scream from under the water, like Sondra's kill from VII that slowly fades before the 'You Have Died' marker comes up.

2. Blood in the Water: Speaking of going with the show, for some a simple drown and you're out thing might be a little too un-showy. Maybe make a second kill option to slaughter your victim under the water. You still go down as you did before, but this time make the water darken in blood.

3. Don't Rock the Boat: This one I'm coming at because we haven't really seen much in way of how Jason would get his victims escaping by boat. In the short, we could see Deborah get grabbed out of the boat, but she's all by herself. Now, is this like driving where the other person then needs to grab the motor and motor? What happens when there's more than one person in the boat? Maybe have it so Jason can bop the boat to try and knock the counselors out all at once, then they have to decide if they want to swim for shore or turn the boat over and try to escape again while Jason's swimming around them like a hungry shark.

4. Such a Cut-Up! This one could work on either side; maybe a way to defend yourself against Jason is by sacrificing your escape speed and timing it so you hit him with the propeller; it could stun him for a few seconds like the pocket knife and give you a chance to continue the escape. Now something like that I think should only be usable once per boat, but still. On the other hand, maybe the boat's motor could serve as a kill too. Like Jason dragging someone off the boat will have a chance to shove that person into the motor, maybe disabling the boat?

5. All Ashore... Now I know it's been discussed that Jason wouldn't have time to drag bodies around the map, but unless he leaves by morph, maybe he could at least drag his drowned victim to the shore. (If he Morphs out the body could just wash up on shore) but it would definitely get the scare factor in to have a face frozen in drowning lying on the shore when people are trying to sneak around Jason.

So what do you guys think? Good ideas? Bad ideas? What would improve these ones for ya?

• Like 4

I love the All Ashore one.

Simply going on show and Jason goes into an animation of dragging the body onto the shore and leaving it there, or maybe it would automatically put him in a spot where he is able to drag it ashore.  Also gives the bodies more use, as you won't get scared of a body in water.

One thing I would love to see is while swimming and you're within 200 meters of a body, it will float up and you'll get the same scare effect as if you find any other body.

maybe there is a chain in one of the bigger boats or canoes that you could wrap around jasons neck and push him in the water. like in F13th part 6 when Tommy jarvis wraps jason in chains with the anchor .

maybe there is a chain in one of the bigger boats or canoes that you could wrap around jasons neck and push him in the water. like in F13th part 6 when Tommy jarvis wraps jason in chains with the anchor .

Meh nah that sounds a bit too specific, we don't want to repeat that much out of the movies, Tommy had to prepare for that and this is a single night event. I think more in lines of escaping Jason or giving Jason oportunities to utilize his kills would feel better than adding in a movie-ending mechanic, it's too situational imo