Ja1862

Some people are playing this in steam apparently

Well, time to become a popular streamer so I can play the game.

That's sometimes the case. But it's common in the development of online games to have periods where there's a friends and family style testing that goes on. Those are often under NDA. So it could be a playtest or more likely a preview of sorts for an embargoed release, something devs do at times for media personalities. And streamers these days tend to have a wider reach than traditional media.

Of course, I'm just spouting speculation. What do I know? :P

Well, time to become a popular streamer so I can play the game.

Only the cool kids are allowed in the club. :P

Really though, it probably is bug testing. For a crowd supported game though, why isn't this testing being done with supporters? Seems a little elitist.

While I believe that the end is nigh...wait...I mean the end of the wait is nigh...I do not believe they would slip up like this. They have done such a good job at keeping details close to the chest for so long that it doesn't make sense that they would error now.

I suppose bottom line for my personal view: Unless it is from official sources I disregard it.

It wouldn't be all that surprising. Streamers and YouTubers are overtaking the old media outlets like IGN and GameSpot as far as reach and relevancy, so I expect they'll be trying to work with some of them when they start making their big media launch push.

But as all things on the Interwebz goes, I'd take it with a grain of salt until the official word comes down.

This has been kind of rattling in my head today. I think you're overstating the value of streamers. I think social media is what is overtaking the older media outlets. Streamers fit into a generalized view of social media and some have a large reach but it's difficult to really know if the exposure they bring helps game sales by a noticeable margin.

I think over time we'll streamers become industry puppets, like everything else with money involved.

• Like 2

I saw Laphin playing the game.

Apparently it was bug testing, I guess they had him hop on to help?  Lucky son of a bitch.

Isn't it past the bug testing stage since they have said all they are waiting for is the cert?

On the steam game forums people who are friends with streamers have seen them ingame- some have posted screenshots.

Someone has messaged them on twitter about it.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/835301886500679681

I wonder if they will reply to him :-/

This has been kind of rattling in my head today. I think you're overstating the value of streamers. I think social media is what is overtaking the older media outlets. Streamers fit into a generalized view of social media and some have a large reach but it's difficult to really know if the exposure they bring helps game sales by a noticeable margin.

I think over time we'll streamers become industry puppets, like everything else with money involved.

True enough, but I'm just comparing to traditional gaming media here. It is hard to say how many people buy off either's exposure. That would be an interesting study in and of itself. The exposure certainly doesn't hurt the game...well, unless you're the Digital Homicide sort.

Why is that ?  It shows that Boat in the Art.  Is possible it could be boarded and part of a Map. Seems like it would be strange that they would include it in the Art if it wasn't going to be part of the game.  Devs...Care to chime in ?

Why is that ?  It shows that Boat in the Art.  Is possible it could be boarded and part of a Map. Seems like it would be strange that they would include it in the Art if it wasn't going to be part of the game.  Devs...Care to chime in ?

I was just saying that most likely they were talking about the escape boat that we haven't seen yet (except in that trailer way back). That boat from part 8 could very well be in the game. I guess we won't know until the game releases...

I have a theory... bear with me.

We all know by this point that they will be at Pax on March 10th. And they told us that as soon as this game passed cert we would know about it. They also said they would have some BIG reveals & Laphin and Bikeman have been HUGE advocates for this game and have been seen playing a game named F13 with achievements.

Also last time they showed off game play (Right before the beta) it was criticized for looking staged or fake.

Now.. I think whats up is the game passed vitrifaction, or is currently IN verification. And that means its more than likely NOT bug tests they are running.

I think they are footage fishing, and plan to show us a LOT of content with actual players from private matches. They plan to show off samples of many of the systems that have been hidden instead of explaining them to us over twitter.

I dont know if we will get a release date announcement. I HOPE but im not sure.

But I have a big feeling we are going to get fairly large amount of video content at Pax.

This is OF COURSE... if the rumors are true.

I'm betting on that it's the escape boat. In the virtual cabin they have a boat with an outboard motor in the item room. I'm assuming it's going to be similar to fixing the car, probably need gas, a starter rope and maybe the stick used to steer. The boat could have some damage that needs to be patched up or you sink.

I was thinking keys, but it's a pull start. Do those take keys?

I wonder how fast this boat is going to be. I'm thinking not very for the chance Jason to catch up to it. Actually, can Jason shift while in the water?

I was ready to say that it's probably people who snuck back into the beta, but apparently that isn't the case and I'm actually excited now. 

Since the achievements are implemented, it seems this is an actual final build of the game. I am beyond excited.

This makes me believe even more so that at PAX the "Massive reveals and news surrounding the games release" will be a release date/smaller release window, and maybe the in-game model(s) for The Jock and The Edgy Guy, i doubt they've finished The Nerd's model.

Not bothered by this as long as the game releases relatively soon. We're coming on March and to me early 2017 indicates within the first 4 months.

I hope they can give us a release date thats known at least a month before the game releases. I don't want to be finding out by them saying for example,"coming next week. That has happened before with past games on ps4. Look at the van helsing game coming to ps4 this week, just announced release date last week! Now I don't have money for it, if I knew a month before I would have saved up.