Brigadius

Possession: This may be a stretch

In the movie Jason can possess someone if they ingest his heart. So what about a kill that allows him to rip out his heart and force feed it to a player. Then for a limited time he can sneak among the others and kill them until his body regenerates inside the host and he burst back out as himself. You could even keep the players original name above the counselor.

It's a stretch but it would be true to the movie so it could work.

I believe this had been discussed before, personally the whole possession aspect of JgtH detracted from the film, I mean it was Jason but it wasn't JASON which made the movie less fun for me. I don't think it's something that should be focused on in the game imo.

• Like 4

I agree jgth is probably the one I like the least. But, might add for some interesting gameplay. Counselor Jason walking around slaughtering the unexpected. All off a sudden you're in a locked room with a would be ally when his possession timer expires and he comes bursting out of your friend leaving the husk of your fallen comrade on the floor.

Another thought Jason could use it to escape if the cops are called then kill the cops thereby eliminating an escape route.

Geeze. i hate the movie jason goes to hell. that movie has nothing to do with the occult.its just a dumb movie about people morphing into jason.

• Like 1

Oh Yeah. Maybe if Jason finds a magic tome he can gain the ability.

*I'm not sure how to express sarcasm so I'll just say I'm being sarcastic.

Oh Yeah. Maybe if Jason finds a magic tome he can gain the ability.

*I'm not sure how to express sarcasm so I'll just say I'm being sarcastic.

whats wrong with tomes.

Lets get back to the actual topic and a serious discussion. He may be most peoples least favorite Jason but in terms of adding to intriguing gameplay this would definitely qualify and add some extra suspense and horror because you wouldn't know if you could even trust your fellow counselors.

Jason X is most hated for me.

That's because they tried to explain his abilities and bring them into the realm of reality. But to be honest I thought the movie was enjoyable but hardly scary. However, I wouldn't want anything to do with cyborg Jason. That's literally a death machine.

9 was the worst for me. Body jumping ????. X at least HAD Jason as we know and love in the movie for more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

But as a gameplay mechanic would it be worth having? Would it add to the suspense and horror? Maybe it could be only a Jason 9 ability, but then that would kinda ruin the suspense because you would be expecting it.

id like to see a more modern scarier jason. like the 2004 remake of THE Texas chainsaw massacre.but id like to see jason become more of an occultists.

Jason's only real power is his uncanny ability to not die. The only reason I mention possession is that it happened in one of the movies even if that movie wasnt really in line with the others. Being so radically different from the others it can easily be disregarded but the possession could add to the gameplay. Thus, the reason I mentioned it.

Jason has nothing to do with the occult. If you want that wait for a Halloween game. Those movies were all over the place and will satisfy your occultist fever.

I never liked the body jumping in part 9 the skin is the only thing that should be in game from that movie imo

• Like 1

Everything after the final chapter started getting strange. They started dipping into the supernatural a bit and from premise of the previous movies that's not what Jason is about. Yeah, he has some hard to explain abilities in the early movies but not impossible. The later movies lost the essence of the story and tried to push the bizarre on us.

I said it was a stretch but thought it could add some Playability. I don't even see his warping around the map as a supernatural ability. I see it more as the creep factor that he's always behind you. With that being said I think maybe he should only be able to teleport disappear/reappear if the person isn't looking at him or have him in line of sight.

When he shifts the player camera goes wonky so you don't actually see him reappearing as much but when he teleports he literally just appears out of nowhere and that takes away from the vibe of the game.

If you turn around and back around and he's right there now that's scary

It's not something I'd want to see and if it was implemented I'd only be comfortable with Part 9 having the ability. Forcing a terrible plot device from the probable worst of the films on the other Jasons seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

I would guess that it was discussed but dismissed. Jason is overpowered as is (as he should be) and I think possession is too far out of the type of arsenal they focused on for this game.

• Like 1

spirits and posession make perfect sense for jasons thirst for killing. this is the route that friday the 13th needs to go on.

Please stop with these crazy ideas !  There are way too many threads of them most of them by one person. I realize that some of us are getting restless waiting for release but that's no reason to take up space on these servers with crazy out of this world ideas.  Write them down and create a fan novel or something. Lets stick to the basic F13 ideas with what already is there from the movies like more stretch goals if possible. ..Ralph I know what you mean from our conversation the other day..LOL

• Like 1

Please stop with these crazy ideas !  There are way too many threads of them most of them by one person. I realize that some of us are getting restless waiting for release but that's no reason to take up space on these servers with crazy out of this world ideas.  Write them down and create a fan novel or something. Lets stick to the basic F13 ideas with what already is there from the movies like more stretch goals if possible. ..Ralph I know what you mean from our conversation the other day..LOL

Possession is in the movie. It's not some crazy idea I thought of myself. It's in Jason 9. And in the sense of sticking to the movies I have purposed nothing outrageous. I purposed a legitimate idea that has merit because it's in one off the movies. I get it lots of people don't like it but you can't say that it doesn't fall into the scope of the movies because it's already there.

Fine. My bad I should have said the ones I consider good or Great F13 Movies.

Every idea you think you need to translate it into the game mechanics, so you need to suggest a way that possesion could work into the game.