What do you do then? Stop the whole game so you can read a book?

alot of games have small puzzles,where you read a note or a couple pages of a book and the game feature goes to the book or note breifly. like the first resident evil game.or you just get power from picking up the book.

Yes the first Resident Evil was a single player. A single player game can do that since you are the only one playing. Can't do that with Friday the 13th multiplayer. You could in theory but that would mean taking you out of the game briefly and not helping your fellow players. They did say this game had a lot to do with teamwork.

Yes the first Resident Evil was a single player. A single player game can do that since you are the only one playing. Can't do that with Friday the 13th multiplayer. You could in theory but that would mean taking you out of the game briefly and not helping your fellow players. They did say this game had a lot to do with teamwork.

YES but there is single player in the friday the 13th game too.with extra maps being created who knows what will happen. there may be most certainly occult overtones included in the game. we know for sure that a copy of the NECROMONICON IS in one of the cabins.

ok dude.i know your probably a gamer if your in this forum. so youve probably played games where when the charachter reads a note the game focuses on that action and returns to the battle after you read the book or note. some games you dont have to read anything.you just find the occult grimoire and your charachter gets powers or abilities. maybe a counselor in friday the 13th could gain more stamina and take more damage after they read a recipe from a journal that describes healing herbs to find at camp crystal lake.

I have indeed played a few games like that where you can read up on the lore. Skyrim/Fallout/Resident Evil/Tons of others. Know what they have in common? Single player campaigns where you can read without the outside world bothering you. 

In a game like this with multiplayer and a 20 minute max time limit, it's simply not going to happen. Period.

But I'll play along for a minute. If it did happen in some bizarro world and you do stop to read, Jason might just come in and tear your head off. I know I'd show no mercy if I was playing as Jason. I'd walk up and before you finish your page I'd be stuffing you in a fireplace. 

And I wouldn't feel bad about it. 

At all. 

Then you could watch the rest of us play via deadcam. 

If it's just gaining powers, how is that fair? Are there going to be enough books for everybody? Does it make perks obsolete? Are they going to be as common as firecrackers?  Why bother to get a stamina boost when you can get the car going and drive away to safety? 

It goes against the intent of the game which is to survive. But again if people wanted to do so, I'm cool with it. As Jason I'd just kill them when they wandered off to the shrine of lore, and if I'm a counselor, I'm getting the sheriff or the car set and leaving Dodge.

@risinggrave yah man i had that toy! I also had that dragon thing with the gold wings and cream body. Lion sphinx dragon looking thing.

I miss the sheer craziness of 80's toys. 

Didn't they say that the single player will be you as Jason stalking the counselors anyway? Not playing as a counselor? Or was that down the road?

Didn't they say that the single player will be you as Jason stalking the counselors anyway? Not playing as a counselor? Or was that down the road?

Yep both bots mode and single player missions will be played as jason

OK, this thread is now spiraling out of control. A couple things. This suggestion is not likely, however If Darrin wants to suggest something that someone finds "dumb" or "silly" he has every right to as he is a member of the forums. As long as he does not topic spam he can create a topic. Secondly A lot of people seem to be bent out of shape over topic closures. This is very simple, if it's already been discussed it will be closed. These are not my rules, they are the forum rules and I will enforce them.

Ben was already in here asking people to not throw insults around. For a bunch of people who thought this topic was silly you all sure kept it going.

Lastly I will be closing this as this has been off topic for quite some time and I think this thread has run its course.

• Like 1