Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreakyFrank1

Part 4 Jason refferences and details (might help the models designer)

14 posts in this topic

So while the final release wont have Ted White rendition of Jason,wich probably be added after the game release,i tought it would be nice to make a topic where i could put some videos of artisans works on Part 4 Jason,weither it's a head/face bust,or a life size model or the hockey mask.

Like that,the one working on the in-game models will have a bit more details and refferences if he ever start working on a in-game model of Part 4 Jason.

sirbrad4 as made multiples life sized horror films characters,especially the different versions of Jason.As for the model in the video the only thing it is lacking is the knife wound on the right leg and the rough blackish nails on the fingers,everything else not bad at all.

Here's a good head bust showing a good close up of the head+face,only thing is that the derpy right eye seem a bit too upward.

Big Hush is a great artisan and his various hockey mask look quite nice,i consider watching his tutorials videos,now one thing that i've noticed when i watched different videos about someone making a part 4 mask or someone buying a part 4 mask made by an artisan is that the most used version of the mask is the one from the shower scene,with the upper chevron half damaged and the right chevron slightly damaged on it's bottom part,most artisan use that model of the mask,so it would be a good suggestion to go with that version of the hockey mask for the in-game model.

So what's your toughts on those,guys ?

1 person likes this

Cool vids, but I don't think we have to worry too much. They'll just scour the material again for the references they want/need. Still it doesn't hurt to have it here.

1 person likes this

Cool vids, but I don't think we have to worry too much. They'll just scour the material again for the references they want/need. Still it doesn't hurt to have it here.

Yeah well im kinda worried a bit,because the part 3 model right deformed eye doesnt seem...well like it's supposed to.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LAsBVOJRCts/UONznkWXMQI/AAAAAAAAAac/ENCYmqGB4MY/s1600/HangMan4.jpg

http://imgs.nmplus.hk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/1811.jpg

You can see that the right eye doesnt look straight ahead like the left eye since that eye doesnt work properly.

And here's what the face look in-game.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/314/646/large/marcus-dublin-jason-part-3-portrait-render-01-mds.jpg?1460145010

The guy who made the model decided to make the right eye look straight ahead like the left eye as if it's a functioning eye,but it shouldnt,it's supposed to be a loose eye looking upward (same for Part 4 right eye).

That's why im afraid the modeler might do the same thing with Part 4 Jason right eye.

Yeah well im kinda worried a bit,because the part 3 model right deformed eye doesnt seem...well like it's supposed to.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LAsBVOJRCts/UONznkWXMQI/AAAAAAAAAac/ENCYmqGB4MY/s1600/HangMan4.jpg

http://imgs.nmplus.hk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/1811.jpg

You can see that the right eye doesnt look straight ahead like the left eye since that eye doesnt work properly.

And here's what the face look in-game.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/314/646/large/marcus-dublin-jason-part-3-portrait-render-01-mds.jpg?1460145010

The guy who made the model decided to make the right eye look straight ahead like the left eye as if it's a functioning eye,but it shouldnt,it's supposed to be a loose eye looking upward (same for Part 4 right eye).

That's why im afraid the modeler might do the same thing with Part 4 Jason right eye.

True enough. I was only pointing out that us pointing them anywhere won't change the outcome if they decide to do it. I however liked those vids so I think it's cool that you put them here. :)

I know a few people have said that part 4 and part 3 are too similar so just don't make it but part 4 is my favorite entry and there are differences not only to the face but the body as well. Anyway if/when they do a part 4 I hope they use the shower scene hock and he uses a machete.

jason.jpg

Yeah,that's the version of the hockey mask i aslo think the devs should go with.

The upper chevron half chipped away,the lower right chevron is a bit chipped away at the bottom part,a bit of discoloration on the nose,more scratches and dirts,if they used the version from the last part of the movie with no bottom chevrons it would look a bit too much like part 6 and 7 mask.

Concerning how hockey masks change in appearance as each film progresses I hope in the future we get to change the mask's appearance for each Jason, like how counselors can change clothes.

1 person likes this

That would only really apply to a couple of Jasons though. Part 4 early with chipped chevrons and later with just the half chevron on the forehead. Part 6 clean and later with bullet hole. Could maybe make an argument for a clean and dirty version of part 3. I don't see them spending the time to code and model the masks for something that not all Jason's will use. Don't get me wrong I'd love for them to do it, just don't think it's a very good use of resources at the moment.

1 person likes this

Bumping this topic back up for the character model artist once he start working on the Part 4 Jason DLC.

In Part IV if you pay attention you can actually see continuity errors with Jason's mask. It starts out with cheek chevrons, then loses them, then gets them back, then loses them again. This is most apparent when Jason starts chasing Trish from the Jarvis house to the Party house. When he starts, he has no cheek chevrons, then when he is in the house and has cornered Trish just before she jumps out the window, he has cheek chevrons again. Then when he gets back into the house for the final battle, he has no cheek chevrons once again. Personally I want them to use the version from the final battle with no cheek chevrons and just 1/2 of the forehead chevron because I think of that as the transition point between human and undead Jason. It is also the version that haunts Tommy in Part 5, so it is in a way more iconic and recognizable.

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

In Part IV if you pay attention you can actually see continuity errors with Jason's mask. It starts out with cheek chevrons, then loses them, then gets them back, then loses them again. This is most apparent when Jason starts chasing Trish from the Jarvis house to the Party house. When he starts, he has no cheek chevrons, then when he is in the house and has cornered Trish just before she jumps out the window, he has cheek chevrons again. Then when he gets back into the house for the final battle, he has no cheek chevrons once again. Personally I want them to use the version from the final battle with no cheek chevrons and just 1/2 of the forehead chevron because I think of that as the transition point between human and undead Jason. It is also the version that haunts Tommy in Part 5, so it is in a way more iconic and recognizable.

I dunno,i kinda prefer the one from the shower scene.

We got a better close up of it when we see it during the scene.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:03 AM, FreakyFrank1 said:

Yeah,that's the version of the hockey mask i aslo think the devs should go with.

The upper chevron half chipped away,the lower right chevron is a bit chipped away at the bottom part,a bit of discoloration on the nose,more scratches and dirts,if they used the version from the last part of the movie with no bottom chevrons it would look a bit too much like part 6 and 7 mask.

Actually that isn't discoloration on the nose, it's because the mask is made of a clear plastic that was painted front and back, the paint on the nose got worn off the front so you're seeing the paint on the inside of the mask.

1 person likes this

@FreakyFrank1 The same happened to Neca's Ultimate Part 4 Jason. Compared to the original, the Ultimate version has a straight foward-looking right eye. I think this is to avoid continuity errors.

So i just noticed something about Part 4 Jason model,cant believe i didnt noticed it earlier...

He doesnt have the 2 strand of hair at the back of his head.

Cant believe the model designer forgot to add those.

1 person likes this