so i saw a post a while back talking about trying to hide in one spot for the whole game i think this might work but their problem was they tried to hide in tents and portapottys which act like buildings highlighting the building when he uses sense and the post was complaining about that i propose the idea that if you reached a corner of the map as a max stealth character you could sit and crouch there and as long as you havent seen a fear increasing thing like jason or a body then you could sit there crouched and he wouldnt be able to find you no matter what unless he manages to wander close enough when looking for you causing you to scream becoming scared and being shown with red when he sences which is why i said a corner of the map so he doesnt have as much of a chance of going there considering he wont expect you to hide in a corner of the map behind a tree

So i saw a post a while back, talking about trying to hide in one spot for the whole game. I think this might work, but their problem was they tried to hide in tents and portapottys which act like buildings. This lead to highlighting the building when he uses sense and the post I read was complaining about that.

I propose the idea that if you reach a corner of the map as a max stealth character you could sit their crouched and as long as you haven't seen a fear increasing thing like Jason or a body,  you could just sit and he wouldn't be able to find you unless he manages to wander close enough. This would cause you to scream, become scared and be shown with sense, which is why i say a corner of the map so he doesn't have as much of a chance of going there considering he wont expect you to hide in a corner of the map behind a tree.

Fixed that for ya.

Yea I tried this in the beta. it doesn't work.

Even with the flashlight on, as long as your outside in the dark you slowly gain fear, the only way to properly loose it is to go inside a house with the lights on.

This means as long as Jason keeps the power boxes broken he can eventually find you.

At least that's how it was in the beta.

Fixed that for ya.

Yea I tried this in the beta. it doesn't work.

Even with the flashlight on, as long as your outside in the dark you slowly gain fear, the only way to properly loose it is to go inside a house with the lights on.

This means as along as Jason keeps the power boxes broken he can eventually find you.

At least that's how it was in the beta.

makes sence they dont want exploits like this but that post complaining about the sence highlighting tents and port a pottys was a legitmate post that made a good point whats the point of hiding in them if you get hightlighted anyways

Not in favor of this idea. It would just encourage players to hide out the whole match like a coward.

i dont want exploits either i was just wondering if it was able to work because if so then the devs need to patch it out

Edited after rereading. I still say no you shouldn't just be able to hide out in a corner.

One time I was having a hard time finding this last remaining counselor, but I figured he was probably hiding somewhere on the island considering I couldn't find him anywhere else. I literally teleported almost on top of him. I think after a certain point you can kind of guess where someone is hiding. If hiding in corners became a thing, I think Jason's would go looking in the corners first when it seemed like the counselor was nowhere to be found.

But any kind of hiding doesn't work, because fear increases as the game goes on I think, or Jason's sense becomes stronger with rage toward the end of the game. Plus if you were hiding in the dark, the darkness would make you afraid, unless you had your flashlight on, but then that would give you away sort of.

Edited after rereading. I still say no you shouldn't just be able to hide out in a corner.

yeah but we needed to figure out so we could inform devs gotta try to find as many exploits as possible so devs can fix them

yeah but we needed to figure out so we could inform devs gotta try to find as many exploits as possible so devs can fix them

its not really a exploit its just the range of him sensing the counsolers so what should we make Jason able to sense 50% of the map 75% 100%

You just need to look around for them if they make Jason's sense stronger it would be a pain in the ass since Jason can spot you all the time with his sense I love how it is when I was Jason I had no problem killing everybody I even had people hide in Jason's shack l listen and it tells me if somebody is in the Shack so you just need to check them corners if they can hide from Jason for 20 mins they deserve the win

its not really a exploit its just the range of him sensing the counsolers so what should we make Jason able to sense 50% of the map 75% 100%

You just need to look around for them if they make Jason's sense stronger it would be a pain in the ass since Jason can spot you all the time with his sense I love how it is when I was Jason I had no problem killing everybody I even had people hide in Jason's shack l listen and it tells me if somebody is in the Shack so you just need to check them corners if they can hide from Jason for 20 mins they deserve the win

i was wondering if he would be able to sense you i didnt know that you gained fear from just being outside so i figured that if you sat in a corner long enough you could just camp there

if you didnt know fear or noise is needed to sense you so if you crouched in a corner as max stealth character and didnt gain fear outside even if he was within sense range he wouldnt be able to sense you

We also have to remember that each Jason has a different sense range as well. So some can sense from farther across the map. I don't think any will have 100% coverage though.

We also have to remember that each Jason has a different sense range as well. So some can sense from farther across the map. I don't think any will have 100% coverage though.

it would be cool if one had almost 100% so he can track almost always

none of them do I was just using that as a example to point out we don't need to buff Jason's range

it would be cool if one had almost 100% so he can track almost always

If he had a 100% range the game would be over so fast that wouldn't be very fun at all everybody would be using the 100% Range Jason with that you would just need to morph and shift and kill them then move on to the next one rinse and repeat

none of them do I was just using that as a example to point out we don't need to buff Jason's range

If he had a 100% range the game would be over so fast that wouldn't be very fun at all everybody would be using the 100% Range Jason with that you would just need to morph and shift and kill them then move on to the next one rinse and repeat

i dont think it would be that op ecpecially since you could make ti hard for him to actually get the kills but easy to track

Actually they do. Part 7 could sense people from farther away than the others during the beta.