This has sort of already been opened, however my idea of it is different, the original thread only talks about the avatar's features and even then they don't really discuss it, I wanted to suggest an idea that delves into more than that. 

I've got no doubt that probably anyone who has watched one of the F13 films has thought "What would I do in that situation?". It's a plausible reason to buy the game, to play out what you would do and see how far it gets you.

My idea, to take it a step further and allow players to create their own counselor, choosing gender, race, facial features, clothes as well as perks and skills.

An example of this is that I might want to create my own jock-style character who has high strength and is much more resistant to getting scared, I might also stock a few points in luck and speed, however that might mean my stealth is pretty poor, as are the rest, of course I could go for a Kenny and balance it all out but generally allow a player to choose. 

I reckon a lot of people are driven to play a game with more interest when they're controlling someone they have crafted, and perhaps spent a fair bit of time unlocking perks for.

Could even make it a bit more interactive and allow players to view each other's custom counselor, so players can put down their history and such, make a little community or something. It's all speculation.

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

not bad but i get the feeling eventually someone would find an op stat combo or something like that  

i feel that eventually there will be a go to stat combo that would be considered the best and it would probably lower the overall game quality i sorta like variety and stuff in my multiplayer games

• Like 2

This has sort of already been opened, however my idea of it is different, the original thread only talks about the avatar's features and even then they don't really discuss it, I wanted to suggest an idea that delves into more than that. 

I've got no doubt that probably anyone who has watched one of the F13 films has thought "What would I do in that situation?". It's a plausible reason to buy the game, to play out what you would do and see how far it gets you.

My idea, to take it a step further and allow players to create their own counselor, choosing gender, race, facial features, clothes as well as perks and skills.

An example of this is that I might want to create my own jock-style character who has high strength and is much more resistant to getting scared, I might also stock a few points in luck and speed, however that might mean my stealth is pretty poor, as are the rest, of course I could go for a Kenny and balance it all out but generally allow a player to choose. 

I reckon a lot of people are driven to play a game with more interest when they're controlling someone they have crafted, and perhaps spent a fair bit of time unlocking perks for.

Could even make it a bit more interactive and allow players to view each other's custom counselor, so players can put down their history and such, make a little community or something. It's all speculation.

What do you guys think?

this was going to be in the game but was cut because the budget does not cover a character creation system.

if the game does real well when released then we might get to see this but they also said DLC is not discussed before release and some time into the game

as of for this as an idea: Great idea, i fully support it

this was going to be in the game but was cut because the budget does not cover a character creation system.

if the game does real well when released then we might get to see this but they also said DLC is not discussed before release and some time into the game

i still worry if the stats are customisable too then there might be a certain set that might be the main one to use and might lower the experiance quality

I'm sure with a few patches and hot-fixes it could be smoothed out.

They flat out dont have the money to do this. Wonderous idea, maybe patched in later if successful.

Yea If they added a DLC that has a minor character editor and let you pick an archetype id totally get it just to mess with looks.

i still worry if the stats are customisable too then there might be a certain set that might be the main one to use and might lower the experiance quality

Just don't let them go OFF archetypes, make it so that you have to pick the same stat / skill as an existing character and for the most part its just cosmetic.

All tho... now that I think about it this may lead to folks running around looking like Shrek with neon green skin... they would have to have some fairly finite limits on it so that you couldn't totally fuck the immersion of the game.

Yea If they added a DLC that has a minor character editor and let you pick an archetype id totally get it just to mess with looks.

Just don't let them go OFF archetypes, make it so that you have to pick the same stat / skill as an existing character and for the most part its just cosmetic.

All tho... now that I think about it this may lead to folks running around looking like Shrek with neon green skin... they would have to have some fairly finite limits on it so that you couldn't totally fuck the immersion of the game.

tru there would have to be general limits to keep people looking like well you know people or else it will ruin what makes this game great the immersion and testing how you would react in a movie style situation if they allowed us full customisation then they might as well leave the bugs in XD

tru there would have to be general limits to keep people looking like well you know people or else it will ruin what makes this game great the immersion and testing how you would react in a movie style situation if they allowed us full customisation then they might as well leave the bugs in XD

A little off the subject but can we say how epic TMS's signature gif is? Now we just need to turn the blowtorch scene into Tina's igniting Jason on fire, or maybe Kevin firing his BB gun and Jason falling backwards

• Like 1

I limited it to just race, the game would almost be ruined if we had people running around like Shrek, like we're playing Saints Row or something haha

• Like 1

I limited it to just race, the game would almost be ruined if we had people running around like Shrek, like we're playing Saints Row or something haha

DAMNIT MCMILLAN! I though I left you with DBD! (Hue.)

Also ya, all we need is to see someone make a character that looks like Quasimodo wearing those booty shorts....

(Holds down vomit)

• Like 1

A little off the subject but can we say how epic TMS's signature gif is? Now we just need to turn the blowtorch scene into Tina's igniting Jason on fire, or maybe Kevin firing his BB gun and Jason falling backwards

y thank you i saw it and knew i had to use it

But anyways i firgured if there was a in game customization system most of the options would go by steroetype      nerd  clown   jock   bad boy   quiet goth   etc   this includes general body types (no fat jocks or anything) clothing so like white shirt and red tie for nerd etc  hair do's   stats and more

I'd like to see a shirt added for all counselors in the game for people that preordered that says EARLY 2017 to troll all the people that keep asking about the release date.