Kalopsia

Idea: Fear Causes Hallucinations

So I was thinking that when a counselors fear is at it's peak and everything goes grey that the player could also start hearing voices. Whether it's something like Pamela laughing or little Jason going "help mommy!" or anything like that from the films. Just something I thought of recently. 

• Like 4

Hey I think that could be a cool idea! Maybe they could even hallucinate seeing Jason running at them when hes not really there! Like Chris from part 3 and Tina, even Rennie. Like Tommy in part 5 also. They can see these doppelgangers and it can throw them off or fool them. Maybe it would dissapate (the hallucination) after a few secs or if they regained a little composure.

• Like 2

yeah, and voices of locals who tried warning about going out there maybe? visual hallucinations might be much but sound is not a bad idea. it also makes it harder to talk to others when you have a counselor in panic

• Like 1

That would be intense as hell if I saw Jason running at me and swing at me only to find out he wasent there. XD

These could be fun ideas, I would jump out of my seat if I turned around and suddenly saw Jason lurking over my shoulder. He could occasionally have his attack music or maybe a different chase theme from another Jason movie that goes away if he disappears. But you may never know if you need to stand still or run.

yeah, and voices of locals who tried warning about going out there maybe? visual hallucinations might be much but sound is not a bad idea. it also makes it harder to talk to others when you have a counselor in panic

I like the idea- Crazy Ralph's warning going through their head.

• Like 3

"I'm a messenger from god, you're doomed if you stay here!"

"You're going to camp blood, ain't ya?"

"You'll never come back again, it's got a death curse!"

"Jason was my son, and today is his birthday..."

"Did someone ever tell you 'bout the two kids murdered in '58? boy drowning in '57?"

"Come, dear. It'll be easier for you than it was for Jason."

"I told the others, they didn't beleive me. You're all doomed, you're all doomed!"

Some of those quotes could work for the hallucinations. And also, more composed characters like Jenny will never have this, right?

"I'm a messenger from god, you're doomed if you stay here!"

"You're going to camp blood, ain't ya?"

"You'll never come back again, it's got a death curse!"

"Jason was my son, and today is his birthday..."

"Did someone ever tell you 'bout the two kids murdered in '58? boy drowning in '57?"

"Come, dear. It'll be easier for you than it was for Jason."

"I told the others, they didn't beleive me. You're all doomed, you're all doomed!"

Some of those quotes could work for the hallucinations. And also, more composed characters like Jenny will never have this, right?

An excellent point and excellent suggestions for disembodied quotes. I agree, composure should have an affect on the hallucinations. Tiffany and Chad having the worst of it while Jenny and Deborah (so far) be the least affected.

this an awesome idea, darn near every movie in the franchise has hallucinations or a prophet of doom warning the teens about the dangers of the camp crystal lake. maybe if there fear is high enough they could even hallucinate the other  counselors as jason. The audio sound effects are a definite must. I almost want to go full dementia and say if your fear gets high enough you sprint in a random direction away from the source of the fear,, maybe like for 3 to 5 sec in a blind panic. goes well with the hallucinations in my mind

I wish we thought of this sooner!!!

OH OH, another thought... I know the intro to every scene is Jason killing the flirty girl, but what if they found a body of one of the counselors or the prophet,, like when someone finds a body while going to the pantry, same result, just different cut scene

OH OH OH,,,,what if Jason could pick up the bodies of slain counselors and move them to different areas to set up fear raising traps?  every movie has the final girl running around and magically hitting every spot Jason placed a body and they freak out even more. For example Jason could kill a counselor then pick up the body and throw it through a glass window (causing it to shatter) into a lodge to instantly freak out the people in the cabin,,, hiding or not. Or, have them place it by well worn travel paths so counselors trip it causing it to spring out and cause another fear spike i.e like in part 1 with the Mr Christy falling from the tree with ropes lashed around him, or with Bill pinned to  the door with arrows. Granted that was all Jason's mom but the idea is sound. Jason is an artiste when it comes to that stuff. 

I know its so late in production to add this stuff but maybe down the road as a update or with the offline mod major update

• Like 2

this an awesome idea, darn near every movie in the franchise has hallucinations or a prophet of doom warning the teens about the dangers of the camp crystal lake. maybe if there fear is high enough they could even hallucinate the other  counselors as jason. The audio sound effects are a definite must. I almost want to go full dementia and say if your fear gets high enough you sprint in a random direction away from the source of the fear,, maybe like for 3 to 5 sec in a blind panic. goes well with the hallucinations in my mind

I wish we thought of this sooner!!!

OH OH, another thought... I know the intro to every scene is Jason killing the flirty girl, but what if they found a body of one of the counselors or the prophet,, like when someone finds a body while going to the pantry, same result, just different cut scene

OH OH OH,,,,what if Jason could pick up the bodies of slain counselors and move them to different areas to set up fear raising traps?  every movie has the final girl running around and magically hitting every spot Jason placed a body and they freak out even more. For example Jason could kill a counselor then pick up the body and throw it through a glass window (causing it to shatter) into a lodge to instantly freak out the people in the cabin,,, hiding or not. Or, have them place it by well worn travel paths so counselors trip it causing it to spring out and cause another fear spike i.e like in part 1 with the Mr Christy falling from the tree with ropes lashed around him, or with Bill pinned to  the door with arrows. Granted that was all Jason's mom but the idea is sound. Jason is an artiste when it comes to that stuff. 

I know its so late in production to add this stuff but maybe down the road as a update or with the offline mod major update

It won't always be Tiffany that gets killed in the intro. That was just because it was beta.   

Hallucinations? How could it be possible?

Just by adding voices and things you wouldn't normally hear. 

I really like this that would make it crazy as hell you could possible be running from an Hallucinations and run right onto Jason nice

just like tommy jarvis in part 5 when he didnt take his pills or got stressed he saw jason. be neat if you could you passed by a window or mirror and saw him behind you or where your reflection should be

• Like 1

I Would definatley like to see the bloody hallucination jason that appeared to Tommy jarvis in the mirror at the farmhouse.it would be cool miss voorhees decaying floating head talking while the charachter is hallucinating. maybe idosing sounds could be added to the hallucination music.idosing was hypnotic overtones that was considered to be a psycholgical high. idowsing. idosing

I'd love a hallucination to trigger when you look outside a window and see Jason standing outside looking up at you...

That would be creepy as hell! D:

I'd rather they just make a rare chance of a cat to pop out of a closet or out from under a bed with a big music sting.

Hallucinations would only make sense if you played a stoner character.

I'd rather they just make a rare chance of a cat to pop out of a closet or out from under a bed with a big music sting.

Hallucinations would only make sense if you played a stoner character.

Hallucinations aren't necessarily tied with tripping. Fear and anxiety can cause you to see or hear things that aren't there. But I'm strictly talking about voices since visual hallucinations would be more work and more confusing for players. 

I dont know what weed you smoke but if you hallucinate its probably laced with pcp

So Tommy was stoned to hell?....nah.

He probably was on anti-phycotics lol

Tommy was legitimately insane, and was intended to become the killer in part 6.  The only reason he wasn't, was the negative reaction to part 5.