Does anyone have a picture of the Savini Jason? I didnt get to see it.

http://dailydead.com/pax-east-2017-friday-the-13th-the-game-trailer-tom-savinis-new-version-of-jason-revealed/

Shows most of the content from the panel.

Quite a bit of stuff but not as much as folks hoped. I personally think the over hype for this panel was just to big. XD

It seems like the only big obstacle we know for sure is Certification.  No doubt they are also trying to squeeze in some cross-platform play by launch as well.

It seems like the only big obstacle we know for sure is Certification.  No doubt they are also trying to squeeze in some cross-platform play by launch as well.

Yea if that video is anything to go buy it looks like a finished product. Just add patches.

Unfortunately when something is cross platform console validation ALWAYS gets into the mix... I wont get into my thoughts on consoles as I tend to get REALLY ranty and say many expletives.

Lets just say some games I really liked where MUTILATED by cross platform, one of them died almost at birth ... the company refused to ship patches and content updates separately for PC and console, so bug fixes came SLOOOOOOOOOW. The player base died off in less than 2 months.

The whole experience left me rather bitter at sony, microsoft and the whole absurd strictness of their console verification process. And dont get me STARTED on the ESRB...

• Like 3

I think the tom savini skin is awesome so glad i bought it for ps4 with my kickstarter tier

Was anything about single player mentioned? Anyone ask a question about it? I caught a couple pieces of the panel but was generally disinterested. Panels are fun in person but watching them streamed is blah.

Was anything about single player mentioned? Anyone ask a question about it? I caught a couple pieces of the panel but was generally disinterested. Panels are fun in person but watching them streamed is blah.

Not that i know of i was listening to it in the background most of it so i may of missed it if was asked.

I like how the Tom Savini incorporate aspects of Jason from the previous movies.

Like the bottom left of the mask missing,the chains around the neck and the claws marks left by Freddy at the end of JGTH.

Tough while the face is kinda warped a bit because of Jason staying in Hell for awhile,somehow it look not much like the deformed head/face he's supposed to have,what im saying is that his head doesnt have bumps or is deformed,same for the nose wich doesnt look much deformed either,even the eyes look like they match while normally one of them is supposed to look different from the other.

Im not saying that it look bad,it's just that somehow this feel more like Mortal Kombat X Jason when it come to the head shape and the deformity of his face if it didnt looked hellish,MKX Jason looked like a normal guy impersonating Jason he didnt have any of the deformity.

Since this is Tom Savini,i tought the shape of the head would be more like Part 1+4.

Do you guys understand what i mean ?

They should def make the face more deformed when unmasked. Since when does Jason look normal?

Also is it me or he kinda look like Micheal Berryman with a hellish makeover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Berryman#/media/File:Michael_Berryman_2007.png

Comparing it with other pictures of the actor,the eyes,nose,ears,chin+jaws and head shape is very similar.

Was this Jason model inspired/based on that actor ?

I think they are using the certification process as an excuse. Why do I say that? When a very small company like V7 entertainment, can get certication process in 20 days for old time hockey,then Gun Media has no excuse. Gun Media is Rockstar Games when compared to V7 entertainment. That old time hockey game was announced in late December,and is releasing this month on ps4.

^yeah... but really how complex can a old time hockey game be in comparision to what they have in F13? I dont think thats a good comparision. there are plenty more dynamics and features they have to get approved verses "a hockey game".

• Like 1

I genuinely don't understand why releasing the game for PC first would cause an uproar. Waiting unnecessarily for console certification should cause more of an uproar logically in my mind. I don't see why someone's happiness has to be tied to other people being just as miserable as them. "If I can't have it then no one can" is a childish mentality. It's as if upsetting PC gamers is acceptable whereas upsetting console gamers is not.And from a business standpoint, if the game was getting good reviews early on from a PC release, that might translate into more people hyped to get the game for console. But I think there are other business considerations regarding releasing it all at once. That means the narrative/reasoning that some sort of lynch mob will form is probably false.

• Like 2

They said first 4 months is early 2017 , jan-April and hope they're still there.

Sounds like a delay could be happening.

Hopefully they don't keep replying in twitter early 2017 right up to the delay like they did last year with "end of 2016", or whatever it was lol

I genuinely don't understand why releasing the game for PC first would cause an uproar. Waiting unnecessarily for console certification should cause more of an uproar logically in my mind. I don't see why someone's happiness has to be tied to other people being just as miserable as them. "If I can't have it then no one can" is a childish mentality. It's as if upsetting PC gamers is acceptable whereas upsetting console gamers is not.And from a business standpoint, if the game was getting good reviews early on from a PC release, that might translate into more people hyped to get the game for console. But I think there are other business considerations regarding releasing it all at once. That means the narrative/reasoning that some sort of lynch mob will form is probably false.

6EiY6O8.jpg

They have Jason on their side! Nothing to be afraid of...

^yeah... but really how complex can a old time hockey game be in comparision to what they have in F13? I dont think thats a good comparision. there are plenty more dynamics and features they have to get approved verses "a hockey game".

Don't forget this game has been in development since 2015 if I'm not mistaken,known as summer camp back then

Lol,im not going to even attempt to post here if that happens. I will just sit back,get popcorn and read the raging comments. In all seriousness I'm 100% convinced they'll announce the release date.

So, you still have some popcorn?

I think they are still on for tonight. They posted only 7 hours ago that it starts at 10:30PM EST.

I never once said I don't care anymore... In my first post I actually said I'm still interested. Not sure what you guys are on about. :/

Oh I know that was a bit of an exaggeration, but the point remains the same. 3 short months and people are saying things like "I'm not excited any more because I've been playing other games and they haven't given me a date yet." I admit I don't talk about it with people as much myself, but I've already sold it to those who are interested and have made all of their ears bleed talking about it and with no real new info, there isn't much more to say. That doesn't mean I'm not as excited to get the game today as I was 3 months ago though. Again, I don't think everyone should think like I do, I'm only saying that I agree that 3 short months to lose excitement is kind of odd. 3 months is nothing in the world of game development.

Edit: Way late getting back and that new kill video was the shit. Fucking brutal. I can't wait to use some of these on my friends. :)

Oh I know that was a bit of an exaggeration, but the point remains the same. 3 short months and people are saying things like "I'm not excited any more because I've been playing other games and they haven't given me a date yet." I admit I don't talk about it with people as much myself, but I've already sold it to those who are interested and have made all of their ears bleed talking about it and with no real new info, there isn't much more to say. That doesn't mean I'm not as excited to get the game today as I was 3 months ago though. Again, I don't think everyone should think like I do, I'm only saying that I agree that 3 short months to lose excitement is kind of odd. 3 months is nothing in the world of game development.

Edit: Way late getting back and that new kill video was the shit. Fucking brutal. I can't wait to use some of these on my friends. :)

Thank you for clearing that up! That video was awesome!! :)

I think they are using the certification process as an excuse. Why do I say that? When a very small company like V7 entertainment, can get certication process in 20 days for old time hockey,then Gun Media has no excuse. Gun Media is Rockstar Games when compared to V7 entertainment. That old time hockey game was announced in late December,and is releasing this month on ps4.

Barring the fact that old time hockey doesn't have you decapitating and dismembering kids in an online sandbox the size of a suburb IN a Rockstar game with 1000+ intractables in it... ONLINE... WITH 8 PEOPLE... Comparing Friday the 13th and what they are trying to do to in a game like that is disingenuous at best...

Don't forget this game has been in development since 2015 if I'm not mistaken,known as summer camp back then

Whats your point? They had to REWORK a large portion of the games assets to fit the Friday the 13th License. Once again.. they had to polish and bug fix all of it. That doesn't compare to fixing an area the size of a hockey rink.

• Like 2

Barring the fact that old time hockey doesn't have you decapitating and dismembering kids in an online sandbox the size of a suburb IN a Rockstar game with 1000+ intractables in it... ONLINE... WITH 8 PEOPLE... Comparing Friday the 13th and what they are trying to do to in a game like that is disingenuous at best...

Whats your point? They had to REWORK a large portion of the games assets to fit the Friday the 13th License. Once again.. they had to polish and bug fix all of it. That doesn't compare to fixing an area the size of a hockey rink.

Ok,fair enough.

A bad looking game isn't going to draw in new players. Nobody I know thinks this looks good, and because nobody was able to play it during the beta because it was closed, nobody outside of the beta participants know if the game is good or not. How am I supposed to convince people that the game is fun when all of it's technical flaws are on display in an official trailer? 

why must you complain so much, literally every post i see from you in any thread you are talking down on the game, i know it;s your "input" but you say the same thing about it in all of these threads and it gets annoying dude

Yo,can someone give their toughts on what i posted on page 12 instead of freakin changing the subject by talking about that damn certification procces.

I want peoples toughts on what i said about Tom Savini Pre order Jason,would be nice of you guys to not avoid me,thank you.

Yo,can someone give their toughts on what i posted on page 12 instead of freakin changing the subject by talking about that damn certification procces.

I want peoples toughts on what i said about Tom Savini Pre order Jason,would be nice of you guys to not avoid me,thank you.

I don't think anyone is avoiding you, most of the conversation about the Savini skin is happening here: http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/3353-savini-designed-skin-sneak-peek/page-8#entry36777

:P

I liked everything they showed at PAX except for one thing, I wasn't a fan of the blood splatter on the screen when Jason does a kill. I know it's a small thing and it wasn't in the beta. Kinda hoping they take it out unless maybe it has something to do with the ESRB?