GunMedia_Ben

Jason Goes to Hell Eye Placement Poll

Jason Goes to Hell  

73 members have voted

1. 1. For our Jason Goes to Hell skin, should we update the eye damage to reflect canon, or leave it as it was in the film? Hardcore fans know.

• Update to Canon
    • Keep Original

I've voted to keep it the original way and here's why.

1. The inconsistencies in these films are half the fun. You have kept Jason's maskless face movie accurate for Part 2 and Part 3. Considering they took place over the same couple of days there's no reason for him to look so significantly different between those two movies, but they do and you have replicated that perfectly. Why be concerned about how Jason 'should' look now? Surely After Part VIII, If we're going to start editing canon to how things 'should' be, there shouldn't even be a Part 9 Jason? Should Part 9 Jason just be a little boy instead?

2. Your game has zero narrative. Changing the eye would make sense if we were playing through a progression of the movies and you wanted to keep things from changing...but we're not. We're playing random multiplayer games based on maps/models from the movies, so ultimately the eye damage being on the wrong side literally has no impact on the 'narrative' of the game what-so-ever, and it's not as if it's going to fix the movie itself. You have kept every other Jason's detail painstakingly accurate, down to the scuff on the masks, why change that here for the sake of fixing a narrative canon that your game isn't even replicating?

When I choose Part 9's Jason, I want to choose Part 9's Jason, warts and all.

• Like 1

I voted to update it for franchise canon,it always bothered me a bit that the damaged eye was on the wrong side.(including the fact that the right eye that was normally a derpy eye was now a normal eye)

That makeup artist made a mistake,so this is the perfect opportunity to fix that mistake.

And i also have to agree about taking the twitter poll with a grain of salt,some of the peoples who are voting there might not be hardcore F13 fans or probably doesnt even know much about the franchise and it's lore.

• Like 2

I'm confused here what do you mean with Canon?

I thought Tommy as a boy hit Jason on the left side in the head causing his LEFT eye to go blind??? But some images out there are wrong

By canon they mean to make the left eye the one that is damaged instead of the right eye like it was seen in the film.

I voted movie accurate.  Even though the movie is wrong, I still want the game to match each movie incarnation as closely as possible.

I've voted to keep it the original way and here's why.

1. The inconsistencies in these films are half the fun. You have kept Jason's maskless face movie accurate for Part 2 and Part 3. Considering they took place over the same couple of days there's no reason for him to look so significantly different between those two movies, but they do and you have replicated that perfectly. Why be concerned about how Jason 'should' look now? Surely After Part VIII, If we're going to start editing canon to how things 'should' be, there shouldn't even be a Part 9 Jason? Should Part 9 Jason just be a little boy instead?

2. Your game has zero narrative. Changing the eye would make sense if we were playing through a progression of the movies and you wanted to keep things from changing...but we're not. We're playing random multiplayer games based on maps/models from the movies, so ultimately the eye damage being on the wrong side literally has no impact on the 'narrative' of the game what-so-ever, and it's not as if it's going to fix the movie itself. You have kept every other Jason's detail painstakingly accurate, down to the scuff on the masks, why change that here for the sake of fixing a narrative canon that your game isn't even replicating?

When I choose Part 9's Jason, I want to choose Part 9's Jason, warts and all.

I really agree with this post.

The movies have always been inconsistent, and people speculated the movies back then just the same as people speculate Five Nights at Freddy's today.

You guys have already created Friday the 13th VIII (Manhattan) and he still has his eye, while the others do not, so you have already broke 'canon' if that's what you want to call it.

Canon or not, people have never really seen Jason Goes to Hell's face ANYWAY, so you guys already have the creative freedom to do what you want there.

Who's to say that Jason's eye didn't "REGENERATE" somewhat after claiming the Voorhees' body, and now he he has, not a PERFECT looking eye, but something that was *trying* to heal and grow back.

Maybe you guys, instead of having a fixed eye, or no eye.. Do something inbetween so it looks like maybe his eye was trying to heal, but never quite got there.  I think that's a fantastic stance in creating that side of his face.

The best of both worlds.

• Like 1

Either way we can shoot him in the face with the flare gun now so lets blind him !

As much as I would like to see Jason with the one eye, the only time we would even really see it is IF his mask gets knocked off. Sooooo what's under part 9s mask? You never see his face in the movie so...???? What's actually under there?

I'm a little disappointed the Twitter poll is so firmly in favour of not changing it, but there's democracy for you.

If they end up not swapping the eye over, I'll be most sad but understand. It seems it would disappoint more people than I hoped.

I feel like many are misunderstanding "leave as original", "keep movie mistake" would be better

• Like 1

Update to canon.

This is a chance for the devs to improve on the model. The difference between Jason in Part 9 and Jason in every other film besides 1 and 5 is...you barely see him at all. So fixing it is fine with me.

To be honest, I'm not going to care which eye he's blind in while he hacks my face to bits.

I'm an optimist.

"I'm not going to care what eye he's blind in while he hacks Chad to bits during my escape." would have been my answer. 

• Like 2

i think the wording of the poll could be a tad little clearer. I believe the twitter poll would show different results.

I got a idea... Why don't we get Kane's feedback on it, what does he want?

It's not my favourite Jason at all but I'm looking forward to having him in game and being able to see him do more than just the body hop. All Jasons portrayed by Kane Hodder in the films are really going to benefit from having him do the motion capture.

• Like 1

Just my opinion I wouldnt want anything changed we asked for a movie experience they promoted the same I want the Jason from the ???? we had people complain about one of the Jason's pants color so if we're gonna be that detailed then lets stick to the source material just my opinion tho

You can't really stay true to the movie for part 9 Jason for the game though. In every Friday you see Jason's face when his mask comes off, part 9 doesn't have that. I'm curious to see what the devs have come up with for his look. I hope he's missing an eye.

I feel the same way about Jason X...trash material, Id never play him, but to each their own.

I won't be playing as him either, but its always nice to have more options to choose from.

I'm kind of confused here- are they just now working on the Part 9 Jason model?

I'm starting to realize that with or without the single player stuff, this game wasn't anywhere near completion for a Fall 2016 release. Why not just say "Hey, we fucked up- it's going to be another half year to a year." Is "Summer 2017" for the single player even probable? Is it even being worked on currently?

Just me confused.

Knee-jerk reactions in 3, 2, 1...

• Like 1

I'm kind of confused here- are they just now working on the Part 9 Jason model?

I'm starting to realize that with or without the single player stuff, this game wasn't anywhere near completion for a Fall 2016 release. Why not just say "Hey, we fucked up- it's going to be another half year to a year." Is "Summer 2017" for the single player even probable? Is it even being worked on currently?

Just me confused.

Knee-jerk reactions in 3, 2, 1...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE