I'm still convinced that we will be able to select more than one weapon.  Maybe not have Part 9 with a pitchfork (unfortunately) but any Jason that it makes sense for them to have.

For example, Jason 6 uses a cemetery fence post by default, but he can also equip a machete... because it makes sense for him to use one.  He cannot, however, equip the pickaxe.

I would be fine with a specific Jason coming with a default weapon that can later be slotted out for another weapon, when either the additional weapon  or weapon slot is unlocked or bought with cp points.

I would be fine with a specific Jason coming with a default weapon that can later be slotted out for another weapon, when either the additional weapon  or weapon slot is unlocked or bought with cp points.

I never understood what CP stood for.

Idk it doesn't fit Jason to me.  Spell it out at least.

while I do like the equip what weapons you want idea I don't think it's gonna happen so until I find proof like the devs saying it I disbelieve that, that's how it is in game

Is this video a good enough proof for you... 

The reason why the beta only had 1 weapon for each Jason is because of the fact that it is a beta,the devs had to restricts certain things because they dont want to show everything until the game finally release.

You can clearly see from the video i posted that these different Jason's all use more than 1 weapon,in the beta Part 3 was using an axe but in this trailer we see him using the pickaxe and the pitchfork,even part 2 use a spear and the pitchfork.

We know that the spear from part 2 will be in the game,but there is also the cemetery fence post from part 6,and we also saw that those 2 weapons + the pitchfork all use the same animations tough some of the 3 might have animations unique to them...who knows.

The devs probably know that it would be a bad idea if each Jason only had just 1 weapon,the more option to customize our characters the better the experience will be.

• Like 2

Lmao you trying to start shit out of NOTHING. To be perfectly honest, I dont give a damn what part 2 has, I HATE part 2 Jason. Talk what you know. I havent begun to argue, I suggested. Why does everyone want to make shit out to be some kind of arguement? I dont really care what happens. If you were REALLY paying attention, you'd see my response was to the guy above me, he stated that since they (part 2/3) were so similar

That you could swap the pitchfork and pickaxe out between the two. Clearly the thread asks "who gets the pitchfork?" so within rational terms it would only make sense for part 2 or 3 to get the pitchfork. Dont try to tell me about the series either like your some guru thats more knowledgeable than me. I know part 3 didnt have a damn pitchfork. Who doesnt? I was saying within reason of the films and how the game stands as far as weapon placement. Context clues. They matter.

because you said part 2 should have the pitchfork when he didn't kill anyone which is the same reason you said part 3 shouldn't have an axe even though you said he should get the pickaxe which wasn't in the film, so within reason of the films and context clues part 3 shouldn't touch the pick axe, im just pointing out that all these things you said contradict each other

Is this video a good enough proof for you... 

The reason why the beta only had 1 weapon for each Jason is because of the fact that it is a beta,the devs had to restricts certain things because they dont want to show everything until the game finally release.

You can clearly see from the video i posted that these different Jason's all use more than 1 weapon,in the beta Part 3 was using an axe but in this trailer we see him using the pickaxe and the pitchfork,even part 2 use a spear and the pitchfork.

We know that the spear from part 2 will be in the game,but there is also the cemetery fence post from part 6,and we also saw that those 2 weapons + the pitchfork all use the same animations tough some of the 3 might have animations unique to them...who knows.

The devs probably know that it would be a bad idea if each Jason only had just 1 weapon,the more option to customize our characters the better the experience will be.

on the contrary https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/815247051072016384

many have speculated that jasons were using multiple weapons in that video because the other jasons that use those weapons weren't finished yet, the devs have said a fair few times that jasons wont be choosing weapons, I do wish we could choose our weapons though and I hope they change it

I can only hope that there are a few options available as they pertain to weapons for each of the Jason models.  Some weapons like the machete and axe are used throughout the entire franchise to make it impractical for any one to claim as being unique.  To top it off, Part 8 really didn't use too many weapons (I suppose it would be nice to see him running around with an electric guitar or even a syringe....).

Jason was and always has used weapons of opportunity, unlike a Michael myers where I think we could all envision him with his classic butcher knife.

It wouldn't break the game for me if he didn't have weapons to choose from.  If each model has a fixed weapon I think that has to do directly with balancing each model out.  I know for example that some do more damage per swipe than others- example part VII does more per swipe than part III perhaps to offset one being able to run and another not.  Sure it'd be nice, but having just watched gameplay videos and people streaming their beta games, I think I'll be above and beyond satisfied with how this game is going to turn out... maybe a few mods down the line will help if needed.

I can only hope that there are a few options available as they pertain to weapons for each of the Jason models.  Some weapons like the machete and axe are used throughout the entire franchise to make it impractical for any one to claim as being unique.  To top it off, Part 8 really didn't use too many weapons (I suppose it would be nice to see him running around with an electric guitar or even a syringe....).

Jason was and always has used weapons of opportunity, unlike a Michael myers where I think we could all envision him with his classic butcher knife.

It wouldn't break the game for me if he didn't have weapons to choose from.  If each model has a fixed weapon I think that has to do directly with balancing each model out.  I know for example that some do more damage per swipe than others- example part VII does more per swipe than part III perhaps to offset one being able to run and another not.  Sure it'd be nice, but having just watched gameplay videos and people streaming their beta games, I think I'll be above and beyond satisfied with how this game is going to turn out... maybe a few mods down the line will help if needed.

actually part 8 used tons of weapons and was one of the ones that used the most weapons 

but most werent actual weapons in the sence of like axes swords and picks/shovels weapons and wouldnt work for the game like the syringe

It would still be a stupid idea if each Jason as 1 weapon fixed to them with no other weapons to choose from,variety is a good thing not a bad thing.

• Like 1

It would still be a stupid idea if each Jason as 1 weapon fixed to them with no other weapons to choose from,variety is a good thing not a bad thing.

I agree