Sign in to follow this  
XoDeMoNoX

Why can't Jason...

Pull people through the windows if they are close or kill people while they are climbing in and out of the windows close to him. I think if they are still entering or exiting the window when he approaches he should be able to grab and pull them off or out of the window animation if he is close enough or through the window if your standing close enough to interact with it on the other side. You can use that as a distance marker. If your close enough to climb i/out he can grab you. If he's close enough to swing and destroy the window while using it he should be able to reach and pull you off or out of the window as you climb. Since Jason can't enter/exit through windows and they can they'd have to time it well enough not to still be in the animation or doing it with him close enough to grab them.

Also.. Not sure if in the beta or not but he should be able to pull people through walls that are destructible and be able to walk through or destroy wooden fences that block him from you outside. He can walk through and destroy doors and walls so why does a wooden fence stop him? I've seen videos of the morph ability being blocked by these fences as well which shouldn't the case. You can use the fences and circle them to troll him slightly since that's the case. If he could morph or walk through these it would fix that problem as well. These are just a few of the things I've noticed from watching everything for the game so far.

I can't wait for this game to come out I am really looking forward to finally being able to play it soon but just wanted to see if someone could answer why he can't do these things or if these were in or going in and not in yet in the beta please let me know. I just know that watching the videos these make sense to be in the game and would kinda frustrate me unless there's a good reason they aren't in the game. Thanks and can't wait for the game.

• Like 4

I think it could be possible to implement these but maybe more like something he can do when he's in rage mode.

Like once rage mode kick in,he can do an animation where he grab someone through the window weither it's open or closed like in some of the movies,but only if that counsellor is very close to the window or getting in/out of the window.

As for breakable walls,im not sure,counsellors would need to be very close to these for Jason to be able to burst his arms through the wall to catch them,also he will need to know if that player is behind that said wall,so it's not something that will happen often.

My suggestion thread included these ideas. It's too late to add these before launch though. Hopefully we can get it in a future patch. I agree with keeping these abilities to Rage mode only. There should be a struggle mechanic for windows(mash E) and pocket knives could be used during this. I think with walls there would be no struggle mechanic until the animation is finished and then they struggle like normal.

Part 4: Tommy gets grabbed through a window but freed by Trish.

Part 6: Sissy Baker gets grabbed through a window and her head twisted off.

Part 7: Maddy Paulson gets grabbed through a wall and attacked with a sickle.

I don't like this idea your running from Jason you see the safety of a window but Jason can still get you as soon as your trying to get in the window

Safety of a window? Only in the game (hopefully for now only)... A window NEVER made anyone safe...SEE:

Brenda (part 1)

Jenny (part 2)

Tina (part 4)

Young Tommy (part 4)

Hell even Roy did Gramps (part 5)

Ethel (part 5)

Sissy (part 6)

Paula (part 6)

Robin (part 7)

Freddy (FVsJ)...

Windows were never safe in the films. The game is full of hogwash for gameplay sake. Undead Jason stunned by pocketknives??! Pffft!

• Like 1

I agree. If Jason can see you and reach you, then you're in danger. Even if there's a plain of glass between yuns.

It still slows him down. He should be able to grab you if your too close. And only power jump through the window if he has rage active only.

Jason seems too slow, clunky, or lazy for me to actually imagine him jumping through a window. It would look silly, imo.

Pulling someone on the other side of a window? Absolutely.

Yeah,that whole Jason going trough a window,i wouldnt mind not having it,the only time Jason as ever walked trough a window was in part 3,but that's because the entire window was destroyed and because it was a wide window and Richard Brooker is a bit smaller than the size of the in-game models...so no we dont need that.

Jason being able to catch players trough the window...that on the other hand is something that we absolutely need since it's a staple of the franchise,he caught lots of peoples trough a window weither it was open or not troughout the films.

I think the counselors should be at least be very close to a window for Jason to grab them,like practically touching that window or passing trough a window,Jason can still attack you with his weapon when you are passing trough a window and canceling your window animation anyway so i dont see why adding another trick for him would hurt the gameplay.

Thats NOT the only time, sorry. In part 7 UNDEAD jason jumped through a window to get to Tina. Movie fact.

• Like 1

It was a good sized window though. I don't think he could really fit through the ones in the cabins. Now if we had some bigger windows...

I think a special unlockable ability to jump through the window whilst in rage mode with a huge cooldown could be very cool. Really intensify a chase if you weren't sure he was going to come straight after you.

Odd I don't remember Jason using a window in 7. He smashed through the floor then wall of a staircase, he used a door to chase after her which she sent the roof down in him. But I don't remember him going through a window. Odd.

He did it when chasing Tina, in the room with all the party balloons. Then Tina shut the door on him, hit him with a couch, and a potted plant with a head in it.