So like probably about everyone here, I'd gotten the Virtual Cabin and just loved it completely. I remember reading something about the cabin causing Gun to close down its server connections for some reason, but I am fuzzy on the details. Will we ever see another update for it? As it stands, the Halloween decorations are still hanging there dating the poor thing, so I wonder will we get any new updates on it, or is it dead in the water permanently? I didn't see a topic on it posted in the game forum so I figured I would ask :)

They deactivated it because they had some hackers trying to hack and reverse engineer some stuff. Trying to gain access through a backdoor or something...

The Virtual Cabin is just about done. The updates were coming to a close. There is only a little more to add to it and right now all efforts are focused on the release of the game. The virtual cabin servers were shut down because hackers were looking to steal the game / beta by trying to use it as a backdoor to the severs.

Im also wondering about this, i am always excited when the cabin get updated and seeing it uncompleted and those halloween decorations still being there show how it's been quite awhile since it as not being updated.

I really hope that it will be completed before the release of the game.

i thought VC was going to be updated alot, Not just pay 15 for a few updates, then it dead forever and nothing else will be done with it? O_O

The Virtual Cabin is just about done. The updates were coming to a close. There is only a little more to add to it and right now all efforts are focused on the release of the game. The virtual cabin servers were shut down because hackers were looking to steal the game / beta by trying to use it as a backdoor to the severs.

It's a shame that people can spoil the party. I am hoping it sees some continued use following the game release at some point, maybe as a springboard for upcoming material to be shown before it's released. It would be perfect for that. Either way thanks for the info!

i thought VC was going to be updated alot, Not just pay 15 for a few updates, then it dead forever and nothing else will be done with it? O_O

I don't have it myself but I agree with you. There's some promises left unkept and people remember this kind of stuff. It's part of the overall first impression we all get from the devs- here's hoping they find a fix at some point.

It will come back, I'm bet money on it, it's just the game itself is the priority right now.

And the hacking attempt really didn't help things. Without that, it'd still be online all this time.

At minimum, there will be at least one more update since they'll want to get the remaining characters and Jasons in there. And they're also aware there are people (like me!) that don't have the puzzle completion badge yet and would like to get it.

So we'll see it again, even if not yet.

I decided to put this here to show how I and some other forum members feel right now about the Virtual Cabin not being 100% finished.

• Like 1

If they stop supporting the virtual cabin I would like some sort of compensation, since I got it specifically for the behind-the-scenes stuff and haven't seen anything since Halloween. 

I know, I just like the 3D real-time view is all. If I knew how to open the files in the Unreal editor I would be eyeing those models up like nobodies business. Love me some in-game models. 

Point of the VC is to see thing being added. if they stop then what was point of everyone paying 15 bucksfor it in the first place. just because a hacker found way in, is no excuse to stop work on it all together and leave the ones that have been enjoying it hanging.

I think some of you are missing the point. Updates are for the most part done. It's just odds and ends left. The cabin was to act as an interactive F13 museum. You are still able to play the cabin. The only thing impacted with taking the Virtual Cabin offline is earning the badge for completion. There will be a point in time where that comes back on and those who have not received it will be able to get it then.

The Virtual Cabin is a stand alone item, however the game is the priority. Right now the efforts are getting the game ready for launch and in that case the Virtual Cabin is a secondary priority. I believe it's safe to say that most would rather have the game out instead. It will be completed but there is not a lot more that needs to be added to it.

I think some of you are missing the point. Updates are for the most part done. It's just odds and ends left. The cabin was to act as an interactive F13 museum. You are still able to play the cabin. The only thing impacted with taking the Virtual Cabin offline is earning the badge for completion. There will be a point in time where that comes back on and those who have not received it will be able to get it then.

The Virtual Cabin is a stand alone item, however the game is the priority. Right now the efforts are getting the game ready for launch and in that case the Virtual Cabin is a secondary priority. I believe it's safe to say that most would rather have the game out instead. It will be completed but there is not a lot more that needs to be added to it.

I do agree the game should be the bigger priority, however I don't agree that it's basically done. We're still missing 3 Jasons and 4? counselors plus the promised working tv and new music and that's not even considering it still needs to be optimized. But I was under the impression that as things were finished they would be added and that stopped back in October.

Let me clear here. I'm not even mad about it because the game is a much bigger priority and I would rather have the game than an update to the cabin, but I do understand why people are perhaps a bit upset.

I guess if you knew they weren't going to support it would you have bought it? For example, if they had a new game down the road with something similar- would this prevent you from buying it? I do think they need to figure it out. Again though, I don't have it.

I dont really mind waiting,but seeing the cabin on a hiatus feel...well...it's like you are invited to go on a tour of an amusement park before it's opening,seeing different attractions wich give you a look at what's to come even if some of them arent completed yet,then suddenly near the end of the visit once you have seen about 90% of the place,it suddenly rain and the tour is canceled and you need to go back home,so you wont be able to see the 10% of the park that you didnt see until the park finally open a few months later.

I guess if you knew they weren't going to support it would you have bought it? For example, if they had a new game down the road with something similar- would this prevent you from buying it? I do think they need to figure it out. Again though, I don't have it.

Honestly, as long as it gets finished at some point I don't care. I bought it to support the game itself not necessarily for the cabin. It was just cool to get something for the donation.

Everyone who got the VC should feel grateful, some of us have to sell plasma, recycle cans just to buy a game, let alone get to purchase cool add ons/extras like this.