wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

I feel like this topic should be locked, it started out as a very informative post on what is causing the delay for the release and has devolved into an argument over if PC or Console is better and who is getting screwed over by the guys who even made this game possible down to belittling each other for what they think or how misguided they are because the game isn't out yet because of something other than what Wes had explained. Seriously guys, chill out. The game will come out soon and we can have fun with it then. No need to fight about it :(

Who really cares when its going to be released at this point? Its going to come out whenever it comes out. Nothing matters, the devs are working as hard as they can and we whine harder to no avail. slowly I see people starting to grow more and more nonchalant towards the game.

• Like 1

they will just lock this thread over this post. Read what wes wrote in the begining of this thread

Lock it over what?  A suggestion?!  I'm just tired of everybody blaming console gamers for their delay  (EVEN thought they said it wasn't the console fault).  People are blaming us here, on facebook, on Reddit and it's out of control.  So why don't you just gather up your PC friends and start petitioning them to release the game.  They've already caved once to the public's demands for a single player mode (after saying for several months that it was online only).  It's a Win-Win situation.  

i dont see the issue with releasing it a few days earlier on pc its not like an attack on you guys if anything this means they have feedback to make last minute fixes/changes which gives you guys a smoother launch and means the servers wont be as broken on launch due to tons of people since there will be considerably less people playing

Who really cares when its going to be released at this point? Its going to come out whenever it comes out. Nothing matters, the devs are working as hard as they can and we whine harder to no avail. slowly I see people starting to grow more and more nonchalant towards the game.

well i kinda do knowing that the game would be released by now if it werent for console ceritfication is making me irratable and impatieant

• Like 1

No. Our primary target is North America and Europe. If we failed in other countries, we would move forward with launch and then work to get fixes for other territories. 

would there be a server in Australia/new Zealand? because i cant play games like COD because of the high ping. so plz support NZ

.thanks.  

OK I've sat and watched this enough. Here is what is known.

1) game is planned to launch across all platforms on the same day. On a launch many factors come into play. The services need to be monitored and ensured that everything is working as intended. This is a time consuming process. Also if one game is live people would expect support of the live game right? With the team being a small team it would divide the team to monitor and address the live game in addition to creating single player and then if bad news comes back on the cert process then them addressing that. You are essentially splitting a small team into smaller segments creating higher workloads and slower resolutions to issues. This as you all know is an indie game with a small team. This isn't a large company with 200+ some odd developers who can split up into multiple teams to address multiple issues at the same time.

2) The idea of release it early so that consoles can have a smoother experience will make no difference. Each iteration and patch of a game must undergo console certification. It's often times why PC will receive a patch before consoles. Also a good reason for the beta being on PC. By the time a patch was submitted the beta would be long over. This allowed the team flexibility to address server and game issues to test during the beta period.

3) you may not have heard "the game is awaiting cert" from developers because traditionally developers do not share those details. It's ready when it's ready and the way this thread is going you give developers good reason to keep the project secret. As Wes said this is about being transparent and they are not withholding the date intentionally. The team cares about the fans and backers and they do not want to disappoint any of you. The first delay was not a decision that was made lightly but felt that the time would allow for an overall better product to be delivered. I personally feel that it is much better than it would have been.

To wrap this up, bickering with one another and blaming consoles or PC will not make this game come any faster. Let's stop the arguing and get back to a civil conversation. I know everyone is excited and eager to play because yes, the game was a blast but the difference between a real beta period and a marketing beta is the wait. Hold tight it's coming and it will be worth it!

• Like 5

would there be a server in Australia/new Zealand? because i cant play games like COD because of the high ping. so plz support NZ

.thanks.  

If they will not support other regions than US & EU with servers, then, they should put an ADVICE when the game come on STEAM cause ppl will refund it when find that their region don't have servers and will be playing with high PING, making the game unplayable.

In the BETA was a pain playing with 180ms, and their game is not high ping friendly, like other games out there with lag_compensation.

If they will not support other regions than US & EU with servers, then, they should put an ADVICE when the game come on STEAM cause ppl will refund it when find that their region don't have servers and will be playing with high PING, making the game unplayable.

In the BETA was a pain playing with 180ms, and their game is not high ping friendly, like other games out there with lag_compensation.

All servers were not available at beta which was also discussed with you during the beta. The plan is to have servers spread out when the game launches.

• Like 1

All servers were not available at beta which was also discussed with you during the beta. The plan is to have servers spread out when the game launches.

Be the words "Our primary target is North America and Europe", players can missunderstand it easily...

I was reading on a ps site that once a company has past certified with one game. That the processes for patches and future games are processed much faster and smoother on the ps end.

• Like 1

Lock it over what? A suggestion?! I'm just tired of everybody blaming console gamers for their delay (EVEN thought they said it wasn't the console fault). People are blaming us here, on facebook, on Reddit and it's out of control. So why don't you just gather up your PC friends and start petitioning them to release the game. They've already caved once to the public's demands for a single player mode (after saying for several months that it was online only). It's a Win-Win situation.

no over you trying for a petition they have done it on several occasions and its to the point jpops cut in so its coming soon. And they didnt cave they hit the strech goal....

no over you trying for a petition they have done it on several occasions and its to the point jpops cut in so its coming soon

914831576-The_Sarcasm_Misunderstanding_b

• Like 1

I dont even think their done with the game for the release. just last week or the week before they where working on pt9 jason. I bet its still far from a release. the beta was 50% bugs maybe not that much but out of 25 matches only 10 where complete without freezing or stuck somewhere. Their was many other bugs like jason holding player and his whole arms is threw the body. so Im sure their still cleaning/polishing it. they had a long time to prepair for the beta and it was ruff. so its only been 2 months since the beta and i feel its going to take much longer then that. so I dont see the point of fighting over a release early for any console. the pc guys got the beta console guys didnt get sh*t.

• Like 2

no over you trying for a petition they have done it on several occasions and its to the point jpops cut in so its coming soon

914831576-The_Sarcasm_Misunderstanding_b

Aww you couldn't spell it so you got me a picture thank you.

• Like 1

could everyone stop argueing atleast the older arguements were about the topic of the post which made sense because of course people would argue about release date related things

• Like 1

Well i think we can all agree on the same thing... We cant wait.

;)

i can agree i cant wait anymore i have spent the past few days watching the trailers and lets plays over and over again at this rate im going to get sick of the game around launch....

• Like 1

could everyone stop argueing atleast the older arguements were about the topic of the post which made sense because of course people would argue about release date related things

Well i think we can all agree on the same thing... We cant wait.

;)

i can agree i cant wait anymore i have spent the past few days watching the trailers and lets plays over and over again at this rate im going to get sick of the game around launch....

We are thanking and welcoming each other

How nice of us isnt it.

200_s.gif

So random question:

How long does certification approximately take by itself? Since there's a checklist of shit to do, i'm assuming there's a rough understanding of how long each attempt will take?

Now, taking into account that it might fail, ii'm just asking like...what time up to a certain point is NORMAL for it to take? Does it take a month? 2? just a few days?

How often do you get feedback on what goes wrong? DO you have to restart the entire process when they find a fault, or does it pick up from that point on the checklist?

1. im just happy that the Gunmedia team got a whole another year to fund this game,when its all ready finished. the backet kit campaign is still been going for months now after the game has finished.i was hoping that Illfonic and Gunnmedia could fund story mode or another big project with all the extra money rolling inn.im estimating that this game wont get approved til may or june so it probably wont ship till late september early october.that gives the Gunn team a whole extra year almost of still keeping the backer kit campaign open.why cant we discuss how us fans would like to spend that extra funds on a story mode patch ,really cool maps like the hospital,abandoned camp blood.a canoe escape rout in the streams and backwoods of crystal lake. pamela voorhees.

• Like 1

Just my two cents, I don't care when the game comes out. I'd rather it be sooner than later, but its their game.

Only thing is that I think it sucks that we're getting treated like entitled dumbasses because we want to know the release date (for example the : «finally someone with brains» tweet from one of the developers).

Keep in mind that the beta was FULL of bugs (which is normal for a beta), but at the date it came out, the game was supposed to be already out (remember the Fall 2016 release date?)! Of course it was delayed for « Tommy and the single player », but Tommy was implemented in the beta and they most likely haven't even started working on the single player, so what's happening?

My problem isn't with the release date, it's just I feel that even with a window as large as Early 2017, I feel like it'll fall short again, which is why I think many people are wanting to know a release date

• Like 3