wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

Coming here/reddit/twitter every day looking for news is like being the final guy/girl, seeing all your friends bodies scattered everywhere, tires deflated, phone line cut and doors broken down everywhere you look. 

You know he's here, you just don't know where. You almost want to see him so you know which way not to run, but the silence is deafening. Was that a snap of a twig? Was it just my imagination? WHERE IS HE!?

• Like 1

Just hoping we get the news soon???? How long after the announcement would we be able to play? I know they said 30 days but is it different now that they aren't doing physical copies right away & no preorders on PS4?

They said 30 days was an estimate even before delaying the physical copies and no ps4 preorders. Basically,if this game isn't out by June,I think even the most optimistic fan on these boards would agree that there has to be a problem bigger than console certification.

You knoowww....."Friday The 13th" did release May 9 1980?! Almost 37 years ago. Just sayin'. ;) LOL.

they gave us their word we will be playing in early 2017 lets hope they stick to it

All I know is I can't wait for this "Early 2017" bullshit to be over- whether the game is released or not. We got saddled with this oddball release window that wasn't even properly explained until March. For all the things they've done great, anything release related has been handled exceptionally poorly. Whatever happens going forward, I hope it's clearer.

Is a day like April 25th actually in the early part of year? Only here. :P

• Like 2

All I know is I can't wait for this "Early 2017" bullshit to be over-

i'm with you bro, this is getting annoying already

• Like 2

All I know is I can't wait for this "Early 2017" bullshit to be over- whether the game is released or not. We got saddled with this oddball release window that wasn't even properly explained until March. For all the things they've done great, anything release related has been handled exceptionally poorly. Whatever happens going forward, I hope it's clearer.

Where's Kyle Reese when you need him? LOL :)

• Like 2

Delving into my -------------------pure speculation bin-------------------, I'm guessing they probably have a release date for this month but since the preorders are moot at this point, they're probably setting up some hu ha reveal but are timing it to avoid the inevitable announcement of Dead by Daylights new killer, which will likely be announced moments later in an attempt to steal some of that thunder. Isn't strategic marketing for game development fun?

But I agree Bear, I'll be glad when we finally have a definitive answer on release as well. Whatever it may be.

• Like 2

Delving into my -------------------pure speculation bin-------------------, I'm guessing they probably have a release date for this month but since the preorders are moot at this point, they're probably setting up some hu ha reveal but are timing it to avoid the inevitable announcement of Dead by Daylights new killer, which will likely be announced moments later in an attempt to steal some of that thunder. Isn't strategic marketing for game development fun?

DBD has to be quaking in their boots, the hype train is sooo huge for Friday now the servers are going to explode on release. Not to mention it is the 'official' Friday franchise we're talking about here. Copies and imitations are doomed...they're allll doooomed!!! ;)

• Like 4

Where's Kyle Reese when you need him? LOL :)

Busy with John Connor's mom, I'd bet. 

• Like 2

Busy with John Connor's mom, I'd bet.

Yep! He needs to police up his junk and report for duty! LOL! ;)

I wonder if they ever have any regrets about releasing on consoles. I don't know if a lot of low budget developers even attempt to release on consoles. A lot of people just go the PC-only route. That's probably what I would do if I had a limited budget and was making a game. Too late now, though, and I admittedly don't know much about making video games.

Just seems like such a headache to go through this process, when all that effort could be devoted to making the game better and we could have been playing on PC a long time ago.

As a console player who will likely never own a gaming PC, I'm quite glad they released on console as this is the game I've been wanting for, for years and will likely become my main game for a very long time upon release. I understand that PC players just want to play already and are hissy and moany about 'console players holding me back!!' but remember, us console players want to play just as badly and donated our money just as much as you did. 

So I personally find it kinda insulting everytime I read a PC player post pretty much saying "Fuck Console players, just focus on us PC players! We're all that matter!". 

I know that wasn't the exactly what you intended with your post, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from.

• Like 3

Yep! He needs to police up his junk and report for duty! LOL! ;)

Dude has all the time in the world...time travel paradoxes be damned. 

• Like 1

I'm also a console player and wouldn't have backed anything if it were PC only. I don't have a gaming PC and I'd rather sit on my couch than at a desk anyway. That said, I wouldn't have cared if the PC folks got the release before consoles. It's not a big deal and would've created something tangible to discuss. I'm also fine with it being released on all three platforms simultaneously as it keeps some of mystery alive. I can see both sides but it is what is and right now- no one (minus some streamers and developers) gets to play the game.

• Like 1

But I agree Bear, I'll be glad when we finally have a definitive answer on release as well. Whatever it may be.

DBD has all but murdered its player base with poor balance choices and a lack of fresh content worth being invested in. They haven't had a new DECENT killer since Halloween of last year. The next DLC will make or break that game in many ways... but it wont affect Friday the 13th much if at all. What WILL effect F13 is further delays and silence this close to the deadlines end. If they don't think they will be able to launch before the end of the month, I wont be happy about it.. but a heads up would go a ways towards making it a bit more palatable. I want to know if I should invest my time into finding something else to do for the duration of the delay or if ill be playing F13 within the next 11 days.

The only reason they have to be this quiet about it is that they are MEGA close and simply don't know. It's a rough position to be in, for them and us. But a lot of folks are sick of being in the dark... they have to make a hard call and soon. Waiting till the last moment is like nails on a chalkboard for most of us.

• Like 2

As a console player who will likely never own a gaming PC, I'm quite glad they released on console as this is the game I've been wanting for, for years and will likely become my main game for a very long time upon release. I understand that PC players just want to play already and are hissy and moany about 'console players holding me back!!' but remember, us console players want to play just as badly and donated our money just as much as you did. 

So I personally find it kinda insulting everytime I read a PC player post pretty much saying "Fuck Console players, just focus on us PC players! We're all that matter!". 

I know that wasn't the exactly what you intended with your post, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from.

I too, have noticed quite alot of that. I have been on both sides of the gaming media, although years ago. I'll admit the PC is alot more diverse and technically customizable, however what the PC elitists need to realize is without the consolers...the game would not have been made. Even if it had, it would not nearly be as large in scope or playability as it is. We all paid our hard earned for a product, and to think otherwise is ludicrous. The biggest problem with an early PC release, would be all the unseen goodies getting spilled all over the net, ruining any surprise material the devs have in store for everyone to find. Effectively, screwing console players of any pleasant surprises.

I too, have noticed quite alot of that. I have been on both sides of the gaming media, although years ago. I'll admit the PC is alot more diverse and technically customizable, however what the PC elitists need to realize is without the consolers...the game would not have been made. Even if it had, it would not nearly be as large in scope or playability as it is. We all paid our hard earned for a product, and to think otherwise is ludicrous. The biggest problem with an early PC release, would be all the unseen goodies getting spilled all over the net, ruining any surprise material the devs have in store for everyone to find. Effectively, screwing console players of any pleasant surprises.

Also from what I understand Gun/Illphonic be fighting on two fronts. Building for consoles and fixing issues with PC.. 

Better to not split things up lest nobody end up happy. 

Consider yourself lucky. You still have the one benefit consoles have over PC (they did away with put in and play by making you install the games this gen and surprisingly still fail at making improvements on load times), and that advantage is less likely to encounter hackers. I'm a gamer, so I game on all the platforms I can. I do prefer PC though. :)

DBD has all but murdered its player base with poor balance choices and a lack of fresh content worth being invested in. They haven't had a new DECENT killer since Halloween of last year. The next DLC will make or break that game in many ways... but it wont affect Friday the 13th much if at all. What WILL effect F13 is further delays and silence this close to the deadlines end. If they don't think they will be able to launch before the end of the month, I wont be happy about it.. but a heads up would go a ways towards making it a bit more palatable. I want to know if I should invest my time into finding something else to do for the duration of the delay or if ill be playing F13 within the next 11 days.

The only reason they have to be this quiet about it is that they are MEGA close and simply don't know. It's a rough position to be in, for them and us. But a lot of folks are sick of being in the dark... they have to make a hard call and soon. Waiting till the last moment is like nails on a chalkboard for most of us.

There's a laundry list of "could do betters" for DbD, but I'll leave that for other places. As for the release date, still no idea when it's coming. I'm assuming we'll have an answer before the month's end if they're sticking to the "Early 2017" date. Either way, there is one maybe encouraging tweet from earlier on the F13 Twitter. Usually they just talk about how pricey betas are and that's why we don't have another. In response to someone asking about another beta, here's the answer they got.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/854484114929590272

Make of that what you will.

I understand the frustration. I want to play the game already too. I'm on vacation this week and it's killing me that the game is likely to release next week when I go back to work (and on Tuesday, the day I go back to work in the first place at that). But, I'm not gonna sit around and act like I deserve the game more than anyone else or say "Screw PC, just give it to me and worry about them later" if the situation was reversed. 

We all want the game badly. We're all in a padded room slowly scratching the skin off our arms with anxiety over the wait. No one wants or deserves it more than anyone else.

Also from what I understand Gun/Illphonic be fighting on two fronts. Building for consoles and fixing issues with PC.. 

Better to not split things up lest nobody end up happy.

Exactly. Also, the two communities at each others throats gets nobody anywhere, especially the devs, who got to be going grey by now. I thought Ben and Wes looked a little paler than usual, and Ronnie had hair like Sammy Hagar before this game. LOL! XD

Shanker, that link doesn't exist.

Should be fixed. I borked the code in the initial post. Ya beat me to the edit. :P

Exactly. Also, the two communities at each others throats gets nobody anywhere, especially the devs, who got to be going grey by now. I thought Ben and Wes looked a little paler than usual, and Ronnie had hair like Sammy Hagar before this game. LOL! XD

Wes said as much on a tweet about finding gray.

Worked fine for me.

Can you give me the gist of the comment?

Edit: No need. Shanker unfucked it. 

Thanks Shanker.