wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

Can we get an update?

Possibly something more substantial than "soon" or "very soon"? There's all of 12 days remaining in the 'Early 2017' window you guys created.

More sooner than yesterday.

I think the last day of the month is Friday the 28th of April, so if they intend to meet their release date I'm pretty sure that Friday is the last day they can do it. Then again though I don't know when XBL or PSN update their markets with new games or new games you can pre-order.

Pretty sure the general game release date for the states remains on Tuesdays. I know that's for retail and I "think" it also applies to digital stores as well. Though I could be mistaken on that last one.

They won't make it in time but if they do I bet it will be glitchy

Considering they submitted the final build like 2 months ago and have made numerous tweaks for a day 1 patch since......

The only main issue likely to happen is server congestion on day 1 like in beta. This is pretty much guaranteed almost. And most games suffer this on launch, even triple AAA titles like GTAV Online did.

• Like 3

Considering they submitted the final build like 2 months ago and have made numerous tweaks for a day 1 patch since......

The only main issue likely to happen is server congestion on day 1 like in beta. This is pretty much guaranteed almost. And most games suffer this on launch, even triple AAA titles like GTAV Online did.

pft. You can do more than one. Diablo III (Error 37), SimCity (crash and burn). There's plenty more. I can't really recall an online only game that had a smooth launch in recent memory.

I thought we were going to get a release date today to be honest, I mean if they intend to put it up for pre-orders then shouldn't it appear on XBL 1 week before the release date? Plus if games usually come out on Tuesdays, it would make sense that we would have had a release date today.

Not gonna lie but even I'm getting really fed up now. I'm really hyped for the game (as in I check Twitter every hour or two kind of hyped) but man, this is doing my fucking head in now.

• Like 3

I thought we were going to get a release date today to be honest, I mean if they intend to put it up for pre-orders then shouldn't it appear on XBL 1 week before the release date? Plus if games usually come out on Tuesdays, it would make sense that we would have had a release date today.

Not gonna lie but even I'm getting really fed up now. I'm really hyped for the game (as in I check Twitter every hour or two kind of hyped) but man, this is doing my fucking head in now.

One would think. They seem to have pretty much confirmed PS4 won't have preorders due to timing issues (having to submit it X amount of days prior to launch). I'm unsure how Xbox handles this, but they seem to have a more flexible schedule with Steam. That's all stuff from Wes on Twitter.

On PS4: 

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/853102670525149186

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/853104588400066561

On Steam:

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/853264261941997569

• Like 1

i don't know about the game, but today probably will be release AGAIN more screenshots, videos or features about F13

dont get me wrong, i'm not complaining, it's just like showing food to someone starving  :D

• Like 3

Well......They've been quiet about certification on twitter. That's something right? ........Trying to stay positive but it's getting to the point where that's becoming harder and harder every day. Absolutely dreading coming in here and seeing a "We missed our release window" post.

• Like 2

thanks everyone, Im back home but told to stay in bed for at least another 7-10 days. but i been reading and checking in as much as i could. Sucks still no news of release, flat out disappointing.

• Like 4

The last Wes said was that they were still talking to Sony and Microsoft about pre-orders and that Sony doesn't seem like they're gonna allow it without pushing the launch back so they plan to forego pre-orders on PSN if Sony refuses to budge. But he said they were still in talks with Microsoft about whether they can do pre-orders and still launch by end of the month or not.

So I think the lack of any news is simply due to that, them trying to negotiate and finalize with Sony and Microsoft EXACTLY what they need to do before they can make an announcement and say one way or another what's going on. Because as Wes said, money is nice regarding pre-orders but they're willing to forego it if they have to to meet their launch window.

But obviously they are gonna try everything they can to get pre-orders in any capacity they can so they can get extra money, because god knows they will need it to maintain and upgrade their servers to handle the sheer volume of players that will hit them.

So long story short, we should almost guaranteed to hear something by the end of the week. 

And for the record, despite my optimism and support of them, I'm just as on edge and anxiety ridden about the whole debacle as everyone else is. But this is where we are at this point, debating what they 'should' have done at this point is moot since you can't change the past. So all we can do is hope for the best and see at the end of the week what's going on.

• Like 8

I think we're all just sitting here in this big room waiting for Wes or one of others to come down that elevator and tell us that we have the "Green Light"!!  :D

• Like 2

I have a strong feeling about April 25th. Well that and its also my birthday lol. Happy birthday to me!!! ????????????⛏

Since nobody said anything I will start it off

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY

• Like 1

I think we're all just sitting here in this big room waiting for Wes or one of others to come down that elevator and tell us that we have the "Green Light"!!   :D

Yeah this wait is nuts isn't it. I have an idea.

• Like 1

Another day closer to the 30th. No new info. Feels Bad Man.

Guess ill go play overwatch or something and hope for some info tomorrow... >.>

I Hate the anticipation of the news will the game drop soon or not daaamn killing us all here

I Hate the anticipation of the news will the game drop soon or not daaamn killing us all here

"Very soon" according to Wes.

:/

skeleton.jpg

In the meantime, All the "BE PATIENT!" vs the "THEY FAILED US! BURN THEM!" be like:

• Like 1

I wonder if they ever have any regrets about releasing on consoles. I don't know if a lot of low budget developers even attempt to release on consoles. A lot of people just go the PC-only route. That's probably what I would do if I had a limited budget and was making a game. Too late now, though, and I admittedly don't know much about making video games.

Just seems like such a headache to go through this process, when all that effort could be devoted to making the game better and we could have been playing on PC a long time ago.

• Like 2

Just hoping we get the news soon???? How long after the announcement would we be able to play? I know they said 30 days but is it different now that they aren't doing physical copies right away & no preorders on PS4?

Just hoping we get the news soon How long after the announcement would we be able to play? I know they said 30 days but is it different now that they aren't doing physical copies right away & no preorders on PS4?

Yeah, I think them announcing that stuff means that once certification passes it won't be as long of a wait before the game is released. Can't say for certain, though.

Well I'm sure the release date is just a step to the right...  :D :D :D

In the meantime, All the "BE PATIENT!" vs the "THEY FAILED US! BURN THEM!" be like:

Touche!  :D :D :D

I wonder if they ever have any regrets about releasing on consoles. 

It's harder to hack and mod consoles compared to PCs.  So hopefully their choice to include us (console player here) will be a profitable one for them further down the road.  Usually all small developers eventually release on consoles after a year or two (well the successful ones do).