wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

If you break it down with all of the facts we know, we're looking at an April to May release date. They say it takes about a month to create each Jason, and we've got two left (JGTH and the exclusive Savini skin) as well as however many counselors they have yet to finish. That coupled with the certification process taking upwards of a month means we've still got to wait a bit before this game is done and in our hands.

If you break it down with all of the facts we know, we're looking at an April to May release date. They say it takes about a month to create each Jason, and we've got two left (JGTH and the exclusive Savini skin) as well as however many counselors they have yet to finish. That coupled with the certification process taking upwards of a month means we've still got to wait a bit before this game is done and in our hands.

But who says they're going to release all the Jasons and counselors on release day?

I think THEY said it. Why would they release a half ass finished game? Shame. Shame if they do. It would be the first AND last game i bought from them.

I think THEY said it. Why would they release a half ass finished game? Shame. Shame if they do. It would be the first AND last game i bought from them.

I personally think that the maps, survivors and Jason kits/Skeletons/frameworks (The Meat) are probibly done. And for the most part probibly done months ago.

The skins/textures/balance are probibly whats being worked on.

It would make sense assuming they ACTUALLY intended to release the game in 2016. The frameworks would of had to basically be done at that point.

However this may just be wishful thinking. If textures are what is being worked on they can EASILY make early 2017. If they are still working on anything else.... I don't know 100% how the development process works, but yea i don't see them releasing a finished product if that's the case.

But i'm fairly sure that shit is done.

It's honestly hard to tell at this point. They haven't released any model renders for any of the counselors absent from the beta (Edgy Guy, Jock, and Nerdy Guy.) We've seen the model for Manhattan Jason at the latest PAX panel as well as video released a couple of days ago, so he should be good to go. The developers recently polled both the forum and Twitter for whether they should change the JGTH model's eye to keep with continuity, so we know that they're still working on that model. Absolutely nothing has been revealed for the Savini Kickstarter Jason, but honestly if push comes to shove I'm cool with it being added post-launch.

There may be no exact date but "early 2017" means exactly that... Anytime after 31st April 2017 Is a forth delay. So basically the final product has to be submitted before the end of March and pass for it to meet their 3rd release date... Otherwise its Mid 2017.

"October 2016"

"Fall 2016"

"Early 2017"

Yes i keep track...

• Like 3

My hope is the submission process of back and forth has begun and they're working on that and the Day 1 patch at this time. Who knows though, it's been pretty quiet since that last panel.

I'm also hoping they don't wait for a PAX or something to give the release date and instead just do it by social media. They kept saying releasing the game on 'Jan, Friday the 13th, 2017' for the sake of a gimmick (irony?) wasn't something they wanted to do so I'm hoping they're not waiting for a gimmicky gamer con.

• Like 1

Sure. Because our VOIP system by-passes the consoles built in voice. Basically we turn off XB and PS4 voice and force the console to use ours. That's an instant cert failure. 

No we aren't removing it. We've already met with MS and Sony about this. We're just working with them so that when that cert requirement pops up, they DONT fail us. They let it slide. (which is basically what they did for The Division.)

so does anyone know if the game has been submitted? It sounds like their still heavily working on the game. So can it been submitted if its not finished yet? Wes did say he was staying home from pax south to get to work on submitting something to ps and ms.

As you can see here Wes has said they are in talks with ms and sony about the voip as they way its currently setup is a instant fail and they are trying to overlook it.

That leads me to believe that the game most likely has been submitted and its a work in progress towards certification.

TBH I have been looking forward and waiting to play this since i backed it on kickstarter back in 2015.

If Wes and the team said tomorrow that its been delayed for another 6 months or even a year the diehard fans would understand, as we dont want to play a half done rushed game.

There may be no exact date but "early 2017" means exactly that... Anytime after 31st April 2017 Is a FORTH delay. So basically the final product has to be submitted before the end of March and pass for it to meet their 3rd release date... Otherwise its Mid 2017.

"October 2016"

"Fall 2016"

"Early 2017"

Yes i keep i track...

Agreed. And march 20 is the start of spring and I've seen them on Twitter tell people that spring 2017 is a typo on their preorder page. seems like more of a reality now the game will be released spring 2017 or later.

You release it too soon, you get No Man's Sky, you release it too late, you get Aliens: Colonial Marines, gotta get it juuuuust riiiight ;)

As you can see here Wes has said they are in talks with ms and sony about the voip as they way its currently setup is a instant fail and they are trying to overlook it.

That leads me to believe that the game most likely has been submitted and its a work in progress towards certification.

TBH I have been looking forward and waiting to play this since i backed it on kickstarter back in 2015.

If Wes and the team said tomorrow that its been delayed for another 6 months or even a year the diehard fans would understand, as we dont want to play a half done rushed game.

This argument is all over Facebook and I still don't get it- it implies the developers don't know what they're doing and they're sitting on a half-complete game. Give the guys some credit. Suggesting it's "half-done" or will be rushed is kind of a jerk thing to say, as if the team isn't professional enough to keep a deadline properly.

Also tired of hearing you're not a "diehard" or true fan because you don't like delays. You're no more of fan just because you're pumping the dev teams tires or calling down people who aren't fans of delays.

• Like 2

You release it too soon, you get No Man's Sky, you release it too late, you get Aliens: Colonial Marines, gotta get it juuuuust riiiight ;)

This argument is all over Facebook and I still don't get it- it implies the developers don't know what they're doing and they're sitting on a half-complete game. Give the guys some credit. Suggesting it's "half-done" or will be rushed is kind of jerk thing to say, as if they the team isn't professional enough to keep a deadline properly.

Also tired of hearing you're not a "diehard" or true fan because you don't like delays. You're no more of fan just because you're pumping the dev teams tires or calling down people who aren't fans of delays.

Well we got to see the model for one of the only 2 remaining Jason's (DLC not included), Some sneak peaks of the models of the edgy guy in the stills from Packanack. And of course Packanack Lodge itself all at Pax.

That leaves mainly only Jason 9, Crystal Lake, Lachoppa, and Wilson left unaccounted for.

Assuming they are "Going through talks" with Sony and Microsoft ATM to get their VOIP system in the game and polishing/finishing the models and textures, the game could easily be on schedule and release by mid march.

Silence is disconcerting, but nothing to get worried about unless they start talking about a delay.

We basically have to just be patient at this point. If they dont drop a release date by the end of February THAN you can start getting nervous about a delay.

• Like 1

Silence is disconcerting, but nothing to get worried about unless they start talking about a delay.

Only thing is theyll never start talking about a delay because their date is non commital. Its how they released the beta in like the last week of 2016 which was technically still late 2016.

I wouldnt surprised if the game comes out in June lol, its still earlier than the other six months of the year right? That counts for early 2017? ;)

This argument is all over Facebook and I still don't get it- it implies the developers don't know what they're doing and they're sitting on a half-complete game. Give the guys some credit. Suggesting it's "half-done" or will be rushed is kind of a jerk thing to say, as if the team isn't professional enough to keep a deadline properly.

The dev team do know what there doing, i never implied they didn't. (if i did i didn't mean it)

I was more stating if they couldn't make the EARLY part of 2017 due to any number of things that could go wrong and just decided to release the game anyway people would complain that it was unfinished or buggy.

Id prefer to wait until its finished 100% and so would most people.

i wasn't pumping the dev teams tires or calling down people but why complain about something that's partly out of there hands.

If we waited to get a 100% part 1/2-9 or x. it would be years from now. we got 6 jasons out of 8 from the movies. we have 3 maps out of 10. I dont mind getting 25% off a full game as long as we get 100% in the end. they said their going to continue to make the game more complete after the release and i hope they keep their word on that.

I know and they knew the beta was mess no gore and glitches galore. but i have faith they have taken care of this. i would like to see it released before spring and like said above we dont need a 4th stall for this release. we also dont need anymore excuses of money and amount of people they have. Their have been more detailed games with more of everything, with less money, and only 1-2 people in less then 2 years. they have made a ton of money over their last goal met and they said around 40 people working on the game. the only thing i can see if the 40 people they have working on the game must be newbies.

They shouldnt get mad about anyone speaking their mind. this is a fan paid game. without all of us this game wouldnt be here. We all just want to see the best for f13 game. Jason is a icon of all horror icons. Most of us are diehard jason/f13 fans. Just do your best and make sure the best is released.

• Like 4

Some clarity on 'Early 2017' (with a bonus insult to your intelligence if you thought otherwise). ;)

image.jpg

Simple facts... it's close... *Excitement level over 9000*.

Some clarity on 'Early 2017' (with a bonus insult to your intelligence if you thought otherwise). ;)

image.jpg

Most folks thought early 2017 meant first quarter. Jokes on us I guess.

If that's the time table we are going by we could potentially not hear a release date for another month and a half.

• Like 3

Most folks through early 2017 meant first quarter. Jokes on us I guess.

If that's the time table we are going by we could potentially not hear a release date for another month and a half.

True.

I'm a little disappointed it likely means the end of April at best. That's like telling someone you'll pick them up between 1 and 5pm but you're definitely not showing up until 5.

• Like 1

True.

I'm a little disappointed it likely means the end of April at best. That's like telling someone you'll pick them up between 1 and 5pm but you're definitely not showing up until 5.

Perhaps.

Honestly Ill just be happy when its out. Im stuck playing other games until it shows up. And most upcoming PC releases aren't really clicking with me.

For Honor kinda fun to watch, but I don't see my self playing something like that for long.

Gun/Illfonic set me free from this gaming boredom curse. :(

I dont know i mean im not stressed about when its coming out , it could be later and i wouldnt really mind, but i just dont put too much trust into whats being said.

I mean i still remember the multiple official "THERE WILL BE NO SINGLE PLAYER" "THE GAME IS NOT DELAYED AND WILL BE OUT FALL 2016 FOR SURE" posts, followed by a delay and no fall 2016 release xd

• Like 3

I dont know i mean im not stressed about when its coming out , it could be later and i wouldnt really mind, but i just dont put too much trust into whats being said.

I mean i still remember the multiple official "THERE WILL BE NO SINGLE PLAYER" "THE GAME IS NOT DELAYED AND WILL BE OUT FALL 2016 FOR SURE" posts, followed by a delay and no fall 2016 release xd

I agree.  

32b4229145de0a2c1171b9b5757f25dfaa1bbf7b

• Like 2

Let's be fair, they have stated why they are vague. I was angry with the latest delay until they cleared things up. I also think that should console delay them further, whats to stop them from releasing what they got to PC players and technically fulfilling part of their promise!?

Let's be fair, they have stated why they are vague. I was angry with the latest delay until they cleared things up. I also think that should console delay them further, whats to stop them from releasing what they got to PC players and technically fulfilling part of their promise!?

The console players rioting and cancelling their pre-orders for one.  

• Like 1