wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

I hope they end up being able to make a Jason AI for single-player for when the servers do die. I may be in the minority, but I enjoy playing as a counselor more than playing as Jason.

I think they said something about the cost of making Jason AI being too expensive- can't remember when or where though.

Yeah Jason AI was shot down. Single player is code for "extended Jason tutorial" but don't even get me started on the totally unfair backlash that the devs got for daring to not include a single player component in their intensely multiplayer focused game.

Yeah Jason AI was shot down. Single player is code for "extended Jason tutorial" but don't even get me started on the totally unfair backlash that the devs got for daring to not include a single player component in their intensely multiplayer focused game.

Backlash? I knew a lot a lot a lot of people was asking if it had single player before it was announced, but I didn't think people would get upset over that.

Backlash? I knew a lot a lot a lot of people was asking if it had single player before it was announced, but I didn't think people would get upset over that.

Not specifically here,but they got it pretty hard on twitter/facebook etc. 

"When is the release date" became the new "Why isn't there single player?"

It is. Who knows maybe the game will come out this month. I assume they are just finalizing the formalities of cert but are done with actual "meat" of the work. It would only make sense since they're talking about a release date. They are probably now seeing when they want to start pre orders for xbox.

I suppose since they are not a AAA company, the usual processes will go differently than what is typically expected.  Which is why I was against the "30 days after cert" idea, because I think the situation was more complex than that and there are a multitude of decisions that can or won't be made in that process that may affect the release date.

I think they said something about the cost of making Jason AI being too expensive- can't remember when or where though.

Yeah as of now it would be too expensive, but not impossible. Remember it was a stretch goal. Maybe once the game makes more money they'll add it later on.

• Like 1

How do I get your member title?

How do I get your member title?

On your profile page go to 'Edit My Profile', in 'Profile Settings' you can change your title to anything you like. :)

• Like 1

I think we have lots of common ground.

I felt the same when they announced the delay- I'd been preparing for the release. I was 100% for the delay at the time though- adding single player missions and offline bots has extended the life of this game to infinity basically. We could potentially be playing it 30 years from now like the NES game. That's a huge positive in my books.

Gun has done a lot of great things and it's true I don't spend as much time on praise as I do criticism. My tune will likely change dramatically after release. The one thing I notice though is not as much praise is given to Illfonic and they've really been unsung through the development.

Damn Bear, when you aren't all doom and gloom and making the same the complaint for the one millionth time, I actually like you. I wanted to like this comment, but it told me there was an error.

I think what really frustrates me the most are the people who appear to just want to be negative. These guys have been fucking awesome and while I'm getting as anxious as the next guy to play I don't see a reason to give them a ton of shit. It's obvious that they want the game out and that they want to make the community happy just by the things they've done to make up for it when shit went sideways.

Hopefully but Wes says here that preorders will be on steam 100%

That's a little worrying

https://mobile.twitter.com/weskeltner/status/853264261941997569

Not so much. It just means that they can put their preorders on Steam at a more flexible time as to where PS needs an X amount of time advance notice. So for all we know it could be on Steam tomorrow with a Tuesday launch but not on PS due to the heads up timer.

Not so much. It just means that they can put their preorders on Steam at a more flexible time as to where PS needs an X amount of time advance notice. So for all we know it could be on Steam tomorrow with a Tuesday launch but not on PS due to the heads up timer.

Hopefully

Damn Bear, when you aren't all doom and gloom and making the same the complaint for the one millionth time, I actually like you. I wanted to like this comment, but it told me there was an error.

I think what really frustrates me the most are the people who appear to just want to be negative. These guys have been fucking awesome and while I'm getting as anxious as the next guy to play I don't see a reason to give them a ton of shit. It's obvious that they want the game out and that they want to make the community happy just by the things they've done to make up for it when shit went sideways.

That's people in general. It's far from unique to this game. There are ALWAYS those types of people who's only satisfaction in life comes from bitching and complaining and shitting on others.

Soon as the game launches you're gonna have a HUGE and I mean HUGE influx of people who know NOTHING about the game hitting up here, reddit, twitter, FB etc with a mega shit ton of complaints whining about Jason being OP, graphics not being Triple AAA tier, "lack of content", Savini skin being exclusive and so much more.

It's 100% unavoidable.

Gun knows this themselves as they've already been dealing with itfor over a year. It's only gonna get worse. But thankfully they're very professional and classy about how to handle it.

So don't stress it too much. People just love to hate on shit because people in general are extremely ignorant and petty.

• Like 2

I'm not all bad. ;) I don't think my posts are as one-dimensional as often said but I can't do much to change that perspective.

• Like 3

That's people in general. It's far from unique to this game. There are ALWAYS those types of people who's only satisfaction in life comes from bitching and complaining and shitting on others.

Soon as the game launches you're gonna have a HUGE and I mean HUGE influx of people who know NOTHING about the game hitting up here, reddit, twitter, FB etc with a mega shit ton of complaints whining about Jason being OP, graphics not being Triple AAA tier, "lack of content", Savini skin being exclusive and so much more.

It's 100% unavoidable.

Gun knows this themselves as they've already been dealing with itfor over a year. It's only gonna get worse. But thankfully they're very professional and classy about how to handle it.

So don't stress it too much. People just love to hate on shit because people in general are extremely ignorant and petty.

No truer words have ever been spoken

It's 100% unavoidable.

It makes me feel weird that so few people in their 20's, around my age know who Jason Voorhees is. He was pretty prolific even when I was growing up. 

• Like 1

It makes me feel weird that so few people in their 20's, around my age know who Jason Voorhees is. He was pretty prolific even when I was growing up.

LOL!!! Times change fast don't they!?? And not neccessarily for the better! LMAO! Yep, we're gettin' old! ;)

I'd look at the silver lining. It'll help you know who to be friends with. 

"So wanna watch a Jason movie?" 

"A what?"

"A Jason movie. Y'know Friday the 13th?" 

:mellow:

"Get the fuck out of my house."

• Like 2

I'm 33. Most of the 20 somethings I talk to don't know about half the shit I grew up with.

Can't even say "And now you know. And knowing is half the battle" without getting deer in headlight looks.

And of course they all know Mean Girls, but have no idea what Heathers or even Clueless is.

Hell there's a video on FB where a girl goes dressed up as Annie from Misery into Barnes and Noble asking for the new Misery novel by Paul Sheldon and starts flipping out and screaming.

Most of the people there and the commenters on FB just thought she was a crazy customer and didn't get it.

It's sad because I grew up in the 80's but I still watched I love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Rhoda, Taxi, Leave it to Beave, Happy Days etc on top of my own generations stuff. I listened to music from the 20's-90's and knew my history and current events.

Kids now a days know nothing of what came before them and have no interest in caring to either.

Anywho sorry for the off-topic rant lol

• Like 4

Jason who?

• Like 1

LOL!!! Times change fast don't they!?? And not neccessarily for the better! LMAO! Yep, we're gettin' old! ;)

How dare you say such mean things. ;)
  • Like 1

How dare you say such mean things. ;)

Yeah, you know us mean old farts! LMAO! ;)

• Like 1

Jason who?

LMAO! Wasn't he the guy with the chainsaw??!! ;)

LMAO! Wasn't he the guy with the chainsaw??!! ;)

You can kick rocks too, wiseguy. 

You can kick rocks too, wiseguy.

WOOOOOO!!! LMFAO!! :)

• Like 1