wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

I agree, it's not Gun's concern but it's not ours either. I don't think it's appropriate to judge folks based on monetary contributions.

It depends on what you mean by judge.

If you mean by judge, you mean "you should not value each person's contributions differently because they are all contributions" I disagree, because, again, it's nobody's concern, and why shouldn't you value contributions by how much they offer?  If someone gives $10,000 to me, and then someone gives me $20, I'm going to value the $10,000 far more than the $20 that was given to me.  That's just gonna happen.  Why do you think the backers who offered $10,000 are in the game as player models?  Because their input was very valuable and because of that the team wants to compensate with something that would be or be almost of equal value; being forever coded inside a game.  Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Though if you mean that you shouldn't call someone who offered $20 bucks as lazy, or lesser, for not offering more, I'd be inclined to agree.

It depends on what you mean by judge.

If you mean by judge, you mean "you should not value each person's contributions differently because they are all contributions" I disagree, because, again, it's nobody's concern, and why shouldn't you value contributions by how much they offer?  If someone gives $10,000 to me, and then someone gives me $20, I'm going to value the $10,000 far more than the $20 that was given to me.  That's just gonna happen.  Why do you think the backers who offered $10,000 are in the game as player models?  Because their input was very valuable and because of that the team wants to compensate with something that would be or be almost of equal value; being forever coded inside a game.  Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Though if you mean that you shouldn't call someone who offered $20 bucks as lazy, or lesser, for not offering more, I'd be inclined to agree.

I think we're off-topic but I think we agree somewhat but not entirely and I'll leave it at that.

You aren't entitled to anything via a monetary payment other than the product/service offered.

So for example a product on a promised date!?

You think too much.

• Like 2

Some potentially positive news:

I would like your post but apparently i have liked too many of your posts lately lol

• Like 2

Creeping, I'm sorry but I'm not going to go any further into an analogy where you view the developers as "poor parents" and those supporting the game as an assortment of children. I get your point, I don't agree at all though.

I do want to point out that no matter what level of contribution financially someone has made, it was still a contribution. You and I have no way of knowing what other people's financial situations are like. I wouldn't belittle any monetary contribution myself because I don't know anyone's living situation. $20 is nothing for some folks while it can be an entire paycheck's spending cash for another.

Ok, just  'parents'; does that make the analogy any more accurate?

There is no belittlement intended, I'm just pointing out that a wide variety of people contributed a wide variety of dollar amounts. 

I have to hope that no-one is so dense as to spend much needed food or rent money on a frivolity such as a video game, and if they are, it doesn't mean their contribution is more special than someone who wipes their ass with hundreds. I don't believe anyone was forced to donate to the kickstarter, nor does the act of donating guarantee anything to be done. 

The money part of the analogy was just to specify that there are a lot of people with various levels of investment in this game, even those that didn't contribute financially, and for better or for worse, they all have a voice and an opinion.

I just feel bad for the developers that have to face said voices & opinions that continually ask for the same things that the developers are unable or unwilling to provide. 

I just feel bad for the developers that have to face said voices & opinions that continually ask for the same things that the developers are unable or unwilling to provide. 

Welcome to the games industry. With new laws coming out to protect customers on the digital market... you have seen nothing yet lol.

sounds like they finally have a date in mind by reading wes tweets. I just hope it is before may 1 so it falls into the early 2017 date. Any day from may 1 and on i will just feel lied too. It also sounds like their just waiting on ms now.

• Like 1

I would like your post but apparently i have liked too many of your posts lately lol

I tried to like this post but I'm out too. :) Need... more... likes...

Ok, just  'parents'; does that make the analogy any more accurate?

There is no belittlement intended, I'm just pointing out that a wide variety of people contributed a wide variety of dollar amounts. 

I have to hope that no-one is so dense as to spend much needed food or rent money on a frivolity such as a video game, and if they are, it doesn't mean their contribution is more special than someone who wipes their ass with hundreds. I don't believe anyone was forced to donate to the kickstarter, nor does the act of donating guarantee anything to be done. 

The money part of the analogy was just to specify that there are a lot of people with various levels of investment in this game, even those that didn't contribute financially, and for better or for worse, they all have a voice and an opinion.

I understand what you're saying and it's a common sentiment. There are a lot of disgusting and gross things that have been flung in the direction of the developers- particularly on social media. I hope that you understand I don't support any of that kind of stuff.

I try to keep my criticisms constructive but I know not all of them are viewed as such. Sometimes I, or others, simply express frustration. It's as valid as expressing elation.

This is a business/consumer relationship and nothing more, so my focus remains on issues I have with the business aspect. I'm not interested in attacking the development team personally and wouldn't. I don't know them, they don't know me, etc. I understand people may take criticism of their work personally but there's very little I can do about that. It's a part of any job.

I recognize that I have somehow become the "face" of what many folks here consider undue criticism but be aware that most of what I discuss or bring up has already been thought of or shared by others- here or elsewhere. Most of our criticisms are contained to this single thread on the forum and despite not always succeeding- we try to be civil.

image.jpg

Still hard aiming for that April release date. Good to hear.

I'm with JasonVoorhees13. I'm hopeful it means they're just waiting on Microsoft and then we have a release date. :)

I tried to like this post but I'm out too. :) Need... more... likes...

I understand what you're saying and it's a common sentiment. There are a lot of disgusting and gross things that have been flung in the direction of the developers- particularly on social media. I hope that you understand I don't support any of that kind of stuff.

I try to keep my criticisms constructive but I know not all of them are viewed as such. Sometimes I, or others, simply express frustration. It's as valid as expressing elation.

This is a business/consumer relationship and nothing more, so my focus remains on issues I have with the business aspect. I'm not interested in attacking the development team personally and wouldn't. I don't know them, they don't know me, etc. I understand people may take criticism of their work personally but there's very little I can do about that. It's a part of any job.

I recognize that I have somehow become the "face" of what many folks here consider undue criticism but be aware that most of what I discuss or bring up has already been thought of or shared by others- here or elsewhere. Most of our criticisms are contained to this single thread on the forum and despite not always succeeding- we try to be civil.

Look, don't get me wrong, I know for the most part what is contained within this forum is idle chatter when compared to the blazing infernos of bile and anger being spouted in other venues and forums, and believe it or not, I actually agree with you for the most part.

I do feel let down and remember telling people that I'd be enjoying this game October of 2016. I even saved up some vacation time for end of last year because I wanted to play all day when it dropped. I used it on Xmas and got the beta during that time anyways, so it wasn't wasted, but I digress. I am disappointed, plain and simple; doubly so when you figure that the movie was cancelled as well.

But nearly everything they have shown us about the game since than has been awesome and my level of respect for the devs has gone up because of all the various ways that have adjusted to setbacks and how they have turned negatives, not fully into positives, but pretty damn close. 

Even that recent post about possibly forgoing presale on Ps4 so we can get it sooner, just another way they show how hard they are trying to keep to their schedule. So I'll keep expecting the worst, hoping for the best, and regardless of next week, next month or hell, next year I'll still be playing this game. 

I'll probably just be a hell of a lot more vicious when its my turn behind the mask the longer I wait. 

• Like 2

Look, don't get me wrong, I know for the most part what is contained within this forum is idle chatter when compared to the blazing infernos of bile and anger being spouted in other venues and forums, and believe it or not, I actually agree with you for the most part.

I do feel let down and remember telling people that I'd be enjoying this game October of 2016. I even saved up some vacation time for end of last year because I wanted to play all day when it dropped. I used it on Xmas and got the beta during that time anyways, so it wasn't wasted, but I digress. I am disappointed, plain and simple; doubly so when you figure that the movie was cancelled as well.

But nearly everything they have shown us about the game since than has been awesome and my level of respect for the devs has gone up because of all the various ways that have adjusted to setbacks and how they have turned negatives, not fully into positives, but pretty damn close. 

Even that recent post about possibly forgoing presale on Ps4 so we can get it sooner, just another way they show how hard they are trying to keep to their schedule. So I'll keep expecting the worst, hoping for the best, and regardless of next week, next month or hell, next year I'll still be playing this game. 

I'll probably just be a hell of a lot more vicious when its my turn behind the mask the longer I wait.

I think we have lots of common ground.

I felt the same when they announced the delay- I'd been preparing for the release. I was 100% for the delay at the time though- adding single player missions and offline bots has extended the life of this game to infinity basically. We could potentially be playing it 30 years from now like the NES game. That's a huge positive in my books.

Gun has done a lot of great things and it's true I don't spend as much time on praise as I do criticism. My tune will likely change dramatically after release. The one thing I notice though is not as much praise is given to Illfonic and they've really been unsung through the development.

• Like 2

Speaking of L4D & L4D2 I loved how some achievements were glitched but I was able to complete both games

Also this game won't last forever once people stop playing they may shut down the servers or if they don't have much money left they will shut down the servers but that won't be for awhile I hope

15 mores days to go

Speaking of L4D & L4D2 I loved how some achievements were glitched but I was able to complete both games

Also this game won't last forever once people stop playing they may shut down the servers or if they don't have much money left they will shut down the servers but that won't be for awhile I hope

15 mores days to go

I'm confused... I missed the previous Left 4 Dead reference?

By lasting "forever," I'm speaking only to the single player missions and offline bots. Yes, the servers will eventually be shut down- such is the fate of all online multiplayer games. Though some communities have managed to resurrect old multiplayer games. Either way, that won't happen for a very long time.

I'm confused... I missed the previous Left 4 Dead reference?

By lasting "forever," I'm speaking only to the single player missions and offline bots. Yes, the servers will eventually be shut down- such is the fate of all online multiplayer games. Though some communities have managed to resurrect old multiplayer games. Either way, that won't happen for a very long time.

Indeed.

They have shown the world good potential in community, business relations and their talents. They just need to make sure there is some profit involved on any Launch, Ultimately as long as their hard-work is covered and rewarded (The game is going to be awesome and we only covered development). The real problem is we don't know all the facts lol

I hope they end up being able to make a Jason AI for single-player for when the servers do die. I may be in the minority, but I enjoy playing as a counselor more than playing as Jason.

I hope they end up being able to make a Jason AI for single-player for when the servers do die. I may be in the minority, but I enjoy playing as a counselor more than playing as Jason.

Or have the ability to host your own server or even Lan matches. 

P.S. I like how this went from "When is it coming out" to "When it dies" in a matter of a couple of posts :P

It is. Who knows maybe the game will come out this month. I assume they are just finalizing the formalities of cert but are done with actual "meat" of the work. It would only make sense since they're talking about a release date. They are probably now seeing when they want to start pre orders for xbox.

• Like 1

I studied reverse psychology with Ginny. Forget this game. I'm over it. I don't want it to release ever.

• Like 1

I think they said something about the cost of making Jason AI being too expensive- can't remember when or where though.

image.jpg

They are so amazing and kind to us consumers! >w< This right here is why I trust this company

• Like 1