wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

Thank you for this....

Sit on your hands haters!!

These guys are doing the absolute best the can and have gone above and beyond for this project...

They are at the mercy of the machine...

What worries me more than cert is the ESRB.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have another delay... but it won't be Gun Medias fault if it is.

They are doing their best and Wes has said it over and over.

ESRB rating is done. We got an M. And they just got one of the other ratings boards out of the way recently too. I'm not sure if the ratings are completely done now or not though.

Thank you for this....

Sit on your hands haters!!

These guys are doing the absolute best the can and have gone above and beyond for this project...

They are at the mercy of the machine...

What worries me more than cert is the ESRB.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have another delay... but it won't be Gun Medias fault if it is.

They are doing their best and Wes has said it over and over.

They already have their ESRB rating and their PEGI rating. M and 18 respectively.

Virtue signal much?

1:A countdown to may 1st would be accurate. They said themselves "early 2017 runs from January to April". If the game doesn't release this month(April) it will be technically delayed *gasp.

2:I doubt they'll be "excited" for a delay. But if anything they chose to put this on themselves. If they wait till the last minute to announce a delay like they have in the past any hate they get will be entirely on them.They CHOSE to insist the game is coming out "early 2017" I would've had more respect if they decided to say"hey we honestly don't know cert isn't going in our favor" but alas instead we have their main account saying to every question "stay tuned" "at a later date" "soon" or that stupid ";)" face. We have been waiting we have been staying tuned enough is enough.

3: I could care less about how they feel seeing the deadline pushed in their face. Its good if anything it will give them a reason to get their crap together. They have an obligation to make a date they went out of their way to promise us. I know I speak for EVERYONE when I say we've been patient and understanding for MONTHS. Enough is enough. We have been fair and understanding but now its becoming a joke. Their twitter(excluding Wes, he actually provides some info) has been useless instead of hearing news about the game or screenshots.We see the message "We will have the release date as soon as possible!"(No I'm actually serious its said at almost every comment lol)

4: I would rather them be honest about cert. Besides do they think were stupid its obvious they failed cert more than once. They have been in cert since January. I know for a fact the process isn't that long.

1: So if you start counting down to May 1st, and they say "Oh hey by the way, the game comes out April 21st" ... your countdown (for the sole purpose of whining) is inaccurate.

2: They still think they can hit early 2017.  I don't know why you insist that they won't.  Do you have more information than the people at the studio?

3: They can't just pull a release date out of their butts because you've shouted them down enough times.  Shouting them down on a daily basis does nothing but make Ben and the rest of the team who happen to read your toxic bile upset.  It's counter-productive in every imaginable way, and you should feel ashamed of yourself for acting in such a childish and insulting manner.

4: You don't know when they submitted their first build.  You don't know how many submissions they've done.  Each cert attempt can take anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks.  For all we know, they could've submitted a build, failed, decided to iterate on some features before resubmitting, etc.  Maybe they've only submitted 2-3 builds in 3 months.  You can't possibly know, since you don't work there.

So if you start counting down to May 1st, and they say "Oh hey by the way, the game comes out April 21st" ... your countdown (for the sole purpose of whining) is inaccurate.

It's funny you mention that specific date.

The crazy lixx soundtrack preorder is due on that date on iTunes.

• Like 1

You know...today IS the 13th. And 1pm in military time is 1300. And their twitter has been saying they "can't wait" to give us a release date.

Study it out, sheeple!

• Like 1

Thursday the 13th!

The day Jason fucked up the date on his alarm clock and woke up early.

This thread was started January 23rd... are we to assume they've been in certification for 2 and a half months and the only reason the game isn't out is because Sony and Microsoft want to pick on the poor indie developers? :P

I think not.

• Like 3

I love when the countdown rises from its grave via lightning bolt and starts triggering people.

You rang?

• Like 1

ITT: "WAAAAAH I WANT A RELEASE DATE THAT THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE UNTIL THEY'VE PASSED CERT, BUT MY INCESSANT WHINING WILL CHANGE THAT"

Repeat ad nauseum.

I backed a game, not vaporware. 

"Vaporware," AKA one of the top 10 fastest Kickstarter releases of all time EVEN IF THEY TAKE ANOTHER 6 MONTHS TO LAUNCH.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Technically you backed an idea for a video game. That's all any kickstarter is, people backing a vision from a business and getting a discount, or other perks, for their faith in the creator's vision. Some projects turn out better than others, and some never end up turning out at all, but all kickstarter projects are just someone's idea hoping to draw in some fans. Don't believe me? here's the exact guidelines from Kickstarter.

Who is responsible for completing a project as promised?

It's the project creator's responsibility to complete their project. Kickstarter is not involved in the development of the projects themselves.

Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it.

• Like 1

You know...today IS the 13th. And 1pm in military time is 1300. And their twitter has been saying they "can't wait" to give us a release date.

Study it out, sheeple!

Jason. J-A-S-O-N. 1-2-3-4-5. 5th month. May. V-o-o-r-h-e-e-s. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8. 8 letters. 

May 8th is the release date.

• Like 2

Honestly, I may buy a rock band guitar just to slay counselors in style.

#Axed

a45.png

• Like 1

This thread was started January 23rd... are we to assume they've been in certification for 2 and a half months and the only reason the game isn't out is because Sony and Microsoft want to pick on the poor indie developers? :P

I mean, the reason the game isn't out IS console cert, although I wouldn't describe it as "picking on".

Has anyone considered they are doing exactly what people were complaining about months ago. Look back at the early parts of this thread; weeks would go by with not a single peep of info.

Now we are getting practically daily news and screenshots, details about previously vague game mechanics, stats, etc. & they just updated the VC.

It really seems like they are basically done and either waiting to make an announcement or waiting for the green light from one or two sources before an announcement.

It seems like the VC was put on the backburner for months because all their attention was focused on the game, and now its been updated. My thought would be that whoever was working on it now had some free time because either their regular workload had significantly lessened, or they are in stand-by mode. IE: Having submitted a final draft that seemingly will go gold. 

They know people are going batshit insane and they are trying to do everything possible to appease people without giving them the one thing they know we want. Coincidentally the same thing that they have no control over.

So here are some possibilities. 

Situation 1. They give us a guesstimate date: They say 'Ok guys, we think April 25th. April 25th comes around, no game. People have seizures of rage

Situation 2: They tell us they're pushing it out, to prevent the above situation. People lose their minds because its delayed.

Situation 3: They keep being silent, working their asses off and hoping to hit their target, which they do, even if its April 30th, People complain and bitch and moan every day until release, and then a bunch of twats keep pointing out that 'Well, they BARELY made it, so they basically lied/cheated/etc'

Situation 4: They keep being silent, working their asses off and hoping to hit their target, which they don't, and on April 30th they apologize and tell us they will have it out asap. People revolt and throw shit at the walls.

Situation 5: They give us a guesstimate date, and actually hit it. People whine and complain that the release is so late, that they doubt they will hit it before release. Post release they whine that it took so long.

So many delightful possibilities. 

• Like 5

So, basically a lose-lose-lose-lose-lose situation?

I get that they want to get it out and for some of them this is as important to them or possibly more so than it is to some of us. I think though in the last few months they've become somewhat tone deaf or out of the touch with a large portion of the community they created and the Friday the 13th one that adopted them.

I think what's happening now is they feel they're close and are trying to restart the "hype" but most folks don't want to hear or see it, they want a release date. Then restart the hype.

At this point, no matter how it plays out- this was their first impression.

tone-deaf? that laughable.

If you had kids in the back seat of your car every 5 minutes saying 'are we there yet' and you're driving from Toronto to Miami (about 2400km) by about the 4th hour, you would have already stopped acknowledging their existence. 

Yes it is a lose-lose-lose situation at this point.  

Please tell me how they are to proceed, if they don't have a concrete date, in a manner that minimizes grumpiness? What possible thing can they say that doesn't cause backlash?

• Like 2

tone-deaf? that laughable.

If you had kids in the back seat of your car every 5 minutes saying 'are we there yet' and you're driving from Toronto to Miami (about 2400km) by about the 4th hour, you would have already stopped acknowledging their existence. 

Yes it is a lose-lose-lose situation at this point.  

Please tell me how they are to proceed, if they don't have a concrete date, in a manner that minimizes grumpiness? What possible thing can they say that doesn't cause backlash?

I didn't really think I was disagreeing all that much but I will disagree with the analogy where anyone asking for a release is like a whiney kid. Some are, I don't think all are. That analogy works if the kids paid for the gas, the hotel and the trip's expenses- and your driving a car that was given to you for free.

Right now, you're right- there isn't any path that doesn't have at least a small amount of backlash.

So much complaining about release date on this thread. I just looked up a game i recently bought that was a kickstarter project (didnt even know that till recently) Yooka laylee. Funded in June 2015 and it only just came out this week so going by that its roughly 2 years for a kickstarter game to come out and i believe someone showed more evidence of this earlier in this thread.

If Friday the 13th goes by this timeframe we should have it no later than November this year hoping it doesnt get delayed that far but depending how long cert takes we really dont know when its coming out. Just got to keep being patient and wait for that announcement.

If Friday the 13th goes by this timeframe we should have it no later than November this year hoping it doesnt get delayed that far but depending how long cert takes we really dont know when its coming out. 

If this doesn't come out by Summer 2017,I'll....I'll.....

Bitch and moan on these boards until I get to play it.

:unsure:

• Like 1

If this doesn't come out by Summer 2017,I'll....I'll.....

Bitch and moan on these boards until I get to play it.

:unsure:

Single player is meant to be out by then but who knows what will happen seeing as we still have no news on certification or release date and its already mid april.

On a more serious note... Just over two weeks and "Early" is no more. Surely a official update to should be on the cards about now!? Lot's of eye's watching no doubt lol