wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

Yup, I'd love to see the Beta return, but it's taking cash out of their pocket each and every time that could go elsewhere.

Wes mentioned on Twitter that he himself won't be at PAX South because he's staying back to oversee the console certification process. Thumbs up for that.

People are in such a waiting frenzy that we begin to devour each other over the most insignificant things.

Very true!

They will release it when it's ready guys, there's no need to get up in arms about it. They've been really good with providing us with updates as they come in, while the beta came in very very late in the year last year, we still got it as promised. We just need to try and be patient; for example, they say that the multi-player will be released in the Summer 2017; now, they've also stated that as far as their current plans go, the full game will release before that and the muti-player will be added in after. Being that "Summer" has a starting point of June 20th, we should expect the game before then.

My current theory is March at the latest, but it will come guys! We have to be patient and let Wes and the rest of their team deliver the best possible game of murdering people that they can deliver :)

They will release it when it's ready guys, there's no need to get up in arms about it. They've been really good with providing us with updates as they come in, while the beta came in very very late in the year last year, we still got it as promised. We just need to try and be patient; for example, they say that the multi-player will be released in the Summer 2017; now, they've also stated that as far as their current plans go, the full game will release before that and the muti-player will be added in after. Being that "Summer" has a starting point of June 20th, we should expect the game before then.

My current theory is March at the latest, but it will come guys! We have to be patient and let Wes and the rest of their team deliver the best possible game of murdering people that they can deliver :)

I think it will be released in March as well.

Nope it cost them heaps to run servers for the beta and they have said there wont be any further tests

This has me wondering if the game has an expiration date*. If the servers cost 3g (I think that was the number I read) a day to run the game, How is it going to self sustain?

(*Yeah, I know all online games have expiration dates, some just last much longer then others. MMO's for instance.)

• Like 1

This has me wondering if the game has an expiration date*. If the servers cost 3g (I think that was the number I read) a day to run the game, How is it going to self sustain?

(*Yeah, I know all online games have expiration dates, some just last much longer then others. MMO's for instance.)

They said it costs $7,500 a day for the servers. That works out to $273k+ a year. With their limited budget I'm definitely concerned about this game expiring. Thankful for the single player addition though and I'm thankful people pushed so hard for it. A lot of that push was born from this concern.

I should say, my math here definitely isn't a fact. Maybe it costs less over time, etc. I have no idea.

• Like 1

Thus the problem with ONLINE ONLY games. Shouldve planned it different.

I'm guessing the single player mode they're adding will probably be offline. But I think that's why a lot of games these days opt not to have dedicated servers. It sucks for performance but it's just cheaper. If the game ever does get the plug pulled maybe there will be a way to keep it alive by the fan base. Time will tell, but for now I think there's plenty of life left.

• Like 1

They said it costs $7,500 a day for the servers. That works out to $273k+ a year. With their limited budget I'm definitely concerned about this game expiring. Thankful for the single player addition though and I'm thankful people pushed so hard for it. A lot of that push was born from this concern.

I should say, my math here definitely isn't a fact. Maybe it costs less over time, etc. I have no idea.

Yup, now that you mention it, 7500 was the magic number. Man, my memory is terrible. 

I'm hopeful the game has a lengthy lifespan, but I'm with you. Better to have single player then a paperweight. 

One of us should make a thread asking about lifespan and plans to keep the game in play and hope the dev's answer. 

• Like 1

I was super hyped to play it on my birthday, february 21st but now I hope they will release it in april.
There are a lot of great games comming up like For Honor, Torment Tides Of numenera and Conan Exiles
so it would be silly to release Friday 13th when huge studios are releasing big games. Just 3 of those costs 160 euro
and in my country it's about 1/3 salary per month.

Has the process of console certication begun? I got the impression from the panel that it has not. Lots of folks blaming Sony and Microsoft at the moment but has the game even been submitted to them for certification yet?

The original post in this thread made it seem as if it was the last major hurdle but the PAX panel had you folks saying "maybe" to another beta. Very mixed message.

• Like 1

without being a sellout this can easily be resolved with sponsors in ways such as possibly for example (btw terrible example)

some company pays to have their item added in game, maybe even a weapon for counselors

Clothes, some company have their logo on something or what not

idk, its just something that crossed my mind

without being a sellout this can easily be resolved with sponsors in ways such as possibly for example (btw terrible example)

some company pays to have their item added in game, maybe even a weapon for counselors

Clothes, some company have their logo on something or what not

idk, its just something that crossed my mind

They can also do microtransactions like selling clothing, experience boasts, etc.  I just hope they don't go the route of pay to win.

• Like 1

Maybe when the games out it will gain some traction and generate revenue that way maybe a Season Pass some micro transactions maybe 

They can also do microtransactions like selling clothing, experience boasts, etc.  I just hope they don't go the route of pay to win.

selling additional jasons and counselors would most likely work very well

selling additional jasons and counselors would most likely work very well

Different cosmetic clothing packs are the likely thing we'll see. I expect somewhere down the line there will be packs that include new councilors and maybe even new variations of Jason. They are a bit limited on Jason but the councilors are free game. I "don't think" they will gate map content. They may, but then you run into issues with a fragmented community where some have it and some don't so you hit issues with finding a steady game room.

Hard to say atm, but I do expect cosmetics will be a biggy as it has been for Dead by Daylight. And while they do sell packs with new survivors and killers with new maps, anyone can still play on those maps, so doing that will nix any map issues if all are able to at least play on anything new.

Different cosmetic clothing packs are the likely thing we'll see. I expect somewhere down the line there will be packs that include new councilors and maybe even new variations of Jason. They are a bit limited on Jason but the councilors are free game. I "don't think" they will gate map content. They may, but then you run into issues with a fragmented community where some have it and some don't so you hit issues with finding a steady game room.

Hard to say atm, but I do expect cosmetics will be a biggy as it has been for Dead by Daylight. And while they do sell packs with new survivors and killers with new maps, anyone can still play on those maps, so doing that will nix any map issues if all are able to at least play on anything new.

Absolutely i think you are very much on to something but lets remember they are very passionate men and we KNOW savini made a jason, maybe we see ron, wes and others make their own take on the classic serial killer as well? 

more counselors of course but thats how i see jasons added

• Like 1

If Ron,Wes, and the others get to create a Jason we all should be able to create our own Jason as well.

Absolutely i think you are very much on to something but lets remember they are very passionate men and we KNOW savini made a jason, maybe we see ron, wes and others make their own take on the classic serial killer as well? 

more counselors of course but thats how i see jasons added

No thanks on individual dev created Jasons.

• Like 2

so does anyone know if the game has been submitted? It sounds like their still heavily working on the game. So can it been submitted if its not finished yet? Wes did say he was staying home from pax south to get to work on submitting something to ps and ms.

As far as I understand, even if they tweak the most minor thing, they have to resubmit it to ps and ms so they can certify it.

Since they're saying they're still hard at work, I assume the certification process has not started.

And since Wes said that after they are certified, it will take approximately 30 days to release, I don't know how long the certification process itself is, but even if they pass it on their first try, I'm guessing this won't be released until April

so does anyone know if the game has been submitted? It sounds like their still heavily working on the game. So can it been submitted if its not finished yet? Wes did say he was staying home from pax south to get to work on submitting something to ps and ms.

I haven't read anything to suggest they've begun submitting but they're purposefully vague in most of their statements so who knows.

As far as I understand, even if they tweak the most minor thing, they have to resubmit it to ps and ms so they can certify it.

Since they're saying they're still hard at work, I assume the certification process has not started.

And since Wes said that after they are certified, it will take approximately 30 days to release, I don't know how long the certification process itself is, but even if they pass it on their first try, I'm guessing this won't be released until April

Probably April at the earliest. Unless the back-and-forth certification process has already started, then maybe late March at the earliest but I wouldn't count on that one.

i figure summer 2017, i just read his post again and it looks like your right on a wait 30 days after the certified. so may - dec 2017 its looking more and more like  what they mean by early 2017. it sucks that they havent been more prepared for this as the original release was fall 2016 and i dont think it would have ever happened.

i figure summer 2017, i just read his post again and it looks like your right on a wait 30 days after the certified. so may - dec 2017 its looking more and more like  what they mean by early 2017. it sucks that they havent been more prepared for this as the original release was fall 2016 and i dont think it would have ever happened.

Well, 'Early 2017' could range anywhere in the spring time, which lasts until June. Since they are aiming for a separate release of the single player mode in 'Summer 2017' they probably want to stick away from overlapping those, or else they will have to resubmit everything for approval. They're going to want to get as much content out as they can and avoid delays. At least that's what they've been suggesting. The only thing we fans can do is sit back and hope for the best.