wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

well I'm talking about Physical Copy

In your previous post you're saying that for you "going gold means Physical Copy not digital so when the 1st person gets their physical copy that's when the game is truly released" and this is where you are wrong. Even if you release a game in digital form first and in physical form later, the game went gold before all of that happened.

• Like 1

My concerns:

REPLAYABILITY

I'm worried there won't be enough content to keep things interesting. I'm hoping the unlock system is fairly paced and the trophies or general objectives are worth working towards and not just a grind. I'm excited to try out all of the Jason models but I'm wondering if there will be enough variance to keep things interesting when there is essentially only a single game mode.

HIDING

I agree. I was super excited for this aspect but found it more or less ineffective.

LOOPING

It's an arms race with loopers, I'm hoping the developers are in the lead.

OPTING OUT OF COUNSELORS OR JASON

I expect people to piss and moan until they get the option to opt out. Having folks who don't like playing Jason or aren't good at it is important to me- it creates balance.

DLC

I'd like to see the available remaining Jasons and Roy. I think this all dependant on the overall success of the game.

Anyway, there's some. Probably could think of more.

I hope they can give us a new map every 3 or 4 months or even a 3 map map pack once a year. that would keep the game alive. also im sure they can add other new content during the year.

• Like 1

I've been following this thread since the beginning so let me say RIP to the count down (it was pretty hilarious and the random outrage over it was too) and I agree with the worries being posed. I already preordered my PS4 copy months ago but I truly wonder how much play you can get out of it before it becomes repetitive? I'm gonna play it big time no matter what, but I hope it doesn't get stale super quick. At the same time, I'm super hopeful and I'll just stay optimistic about possible issues with the game until the time comes. I hope the actual release is around the corner, especially since the email about giving codes for console users went out recently.

• Like 1

I've been following this thread since the beginning so let me say RIP to the count down (it was pretty hilarious and the random outrage over it was too) and I agree with the worries being posed. I already preordered my PS4 copy months ago but I truly wonder how much play you can get out of it before it becomes repetitive? I'm gonna play it big time no matter what, but I hope it doesn't get stale super quick. At the same time, I'm super hopeful and I'll just stay optimistic about possible issues with the game until the time comes. I hope the actual release is around the corner, especially since the email about giving codes for console users went out recently.

Can we please stop bringing up the countdown.

No more countdown posts in 10...

8f4c2f9451c0043baae9ddcdbf88c4ca_jimmy-n

#neverforget

#neversaynever

No more countdown posts in 10...

7654321!

26 days left till the world of Friday the 13th fandom throws their hands up and rages against the machine! Furious that they have not received their physical copy of the game. Even those who claim to be PC Master Race will be furious because they secretly bought a physical copy for each console just so they can say they have​ it. Why? Because they have money to waste like that. And when we get those​ digital codes the console players are going to be pissed at the PC players because the PC players will download it faster. And the people who can only afford at best 150mb/second cable internet are going to be even more pissed​ at people who have faster internet, and people who have that faster internet are going to be pissed at people who have slower internet because of different ping rates. And because of the ping we going to have Jason skating across the map and machetes flying around with no wielders and UFOs flying in to abduct counselors who are trying to escape and counselors exploding from overkill damage because Jason beat the mess out of them while they were lagging and all the while we have black cats crossing everyone's path in the game for absolutely no reason whatsoever. And when the doodoo hits the fan all plants will give up on life and die, depriving the world of fresh oxygen. Life as we know it will end and those who survive will live as savages and cannibals until only one is left and the world will be taken over by the aliens who perpetrated the abductions which took place while we were playing Friday the 13th. As the last person on Earth dies of starvation they rejuvenate the world so that the enhanced humans they created from crossbreeding can live on and proceed to repopulate it with the True Master Race. The PC/Console Master Race. Where every home comes supplied with all gaming platforms and free copies of Friday the 13th: The Game and a full library of all the movies. And the world will be globally wired with high speed internet and there will only be one server. A Master Server. And nobody will complain about ping because everyone will ping the same. And life will be awesome!

Now hopefully you read all that and laughed, because I certainly did while I was writing it.????

• Like 1

Now hopefully you read all that and laughed, because I certainly did while I was writing it.

I did, lol.

Next time try to use paragraphs tho. My eyes are still bleeding from the lack of formatting, hehe.

• Like 1

I feel like you were channeling some George Carlin-esque rant in there, and if so, bravo! 

All hail the Master Server. 

• Like 2

I feel like you were channeling some George Carlin-esque rant in there, and if so, bravo! 

All hail the Master Server.

Hadn't thought of it from that angle. That makes me laugh even harder :D

• Like 1

I know we got to be getting very close to a release and date. Im super excited and cant wait.

We're overdue for a release day. It's April 3rd- that's crazy.

• Like 3

I know we got to be getting very close to a release and date. Im super excited and cant wait.

I Just cant wait anymore T_T

Originally, I thought that the 30 days after release announcement was something that was set in stone. I think it was either Ronnie or Wes who confirmed on Twitter that it's not 30 days exactly, and the release can come sooner.

So, baring that in mind, here are my personal revised projections:

Scenario A

The game passes certification in the next 2 weeks, and releases April 28th (games usually come out on Fridays rather than weekends).

Scenario B 

The game passes certification in the next week, and releases April 21 - 28th.

Scenario C

The game passes certification after the next 2/3 weeks, and gets released April 28th - May 12th time.

Scenario D

The game doesn't pass certification this month and gets delayed to May/June.

The best thing we could hope for is that it passes certification this week, we get a release date, goes up for pre-orders on XBL/PSN/Steam and releases April 21st - 28th kind of range. I think they've got a final build and the game is complete, so they're just preparing to launch now.

This wait is an absolute killer. I can deal with waiting but not having a release date means no particular days to look forward to. I thought they were going to announce a release date at PAX East - I even went to bed at 10pm and got up at 3am to watch the panel - and sadly, there was nothing :(

• Like 1

Originally, I thought that the 30 days after release announcement was something that was set in stone. I think it was either Ronnie or Wes who confirmed on Twitter that it's not 30 days exactly, and the release can come sooner.

So, baring that in mind, here are my personal revised projections:

Scenario A

The game passes certification in the next 2 weeks, and releases April 28th (games usually come out on Fridays rather than weekends).

Scenario B 

The game passes certification in the next week, and releases April 21 - 28th.

Scenario C

The game passes certification after the next 2/3 weeks, and gets released April 28th - May 12th time.

Scenario D

The game doesn't pass certification this month and gets delayed to May/June.

The best thing we could hope for is that it passes certification this week, we get a release date, goes up for pre-orders on XBL/PSN/Steam and releases April 21st - 28th kind of range. I think they've got a final build and the game is complete, so they're just preparing to launch now.

This wait is an absolute killer. I can deal with waiting but not having a release date means no particular days to look forward to. I thought they were going to announce a release date at PAX East - I even went to bed at 10pm and got up at 3am to watch the panel - and sadly, there was nothing :(

Not having an actual date, just a release window, has long annoyed most folks. I'm at a loss as to how we're in April without a release date.

Not having an actual date, just a release window, has long annoyed most folks. I'm at a loss as to how we're in April without a release date.

I know how.  Game development is insanely difficult and arduous.  I can guarantee you the chaps at Gun/Illfonic are banging their heads on the wall in frustration that it's not out.  They want it out more than you do, I guarantee it.

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/846105482590769152

• Like 2

I know how.  Game development is insanely difficult and arduous.  I can guarantee you the chaps at Gun/Illfonic are banging their heads on the wall in frustration that it's not out.  They want it out more than you do, I guarantee it.

Same reply, different day.

No one's questioning the difficulty of the task. Despite how difficult the job may be, it has to end one day.

• Like 1

Pretty simple: it hasn't been certed yet. They've said countless times that they won't give a date just so there is one if they are not positive they can make it. People would howl even louder. Not trying to be patronizing here.

It will be bad enough if they have to delay the window. It would be doubly bad if they set an actual date and have to delay that.

This precisely. It sucks donkey balls for them I have little doubt. They have to remain chipper and upbeat and answer the same question for the 9000th time without raging on fuckers. It especially sucks when the cause is completely outside their control i.e. the cert process.

To be honest, the people we should be hounding is Sony and MS, but I kinda doubt their forums have a place for cert process feedback :D

Same reply, different day.

No one's questioning the difficulty of the task. Despite how difficult the job may be, it has to end one day.

Your phrasing always seems to imply that it's absurd that any developer could possibly have any difficulty getting a game certified.

• Like 1

Your phrasing always seems to imply that it's absurd that any developer could possibly have any difficulty getting a game certified.

And not just any developer mind you; an indie developer. AAA companies have mountains of cash they can and do throw at the problem. The little guys tend to have to be much more judicious with said money. And they are always on the back burner when it comes to shit like cert, period.

• Like 1