wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

Ok so i done some searching no mans lies i mean sky went gold on 7th July 2016 and was released August 9th 2016 this included Boxed copies i know its no relevance but maybe some good news about digital copies will come very soon as we know physical copies will come after

Do you think that's their way of hinting at it being more than 30 days or less than 30 days? I'd like to think that's their way of saying that, tentatively, it might be out in LESS than 30 days. Or they're hinting at it being delayed a bit into May. Hmm. Either way, we're closer than we've ever been! Hype!

I think its just their way of remaining vague, they wouldnt confirm less than 30 days cause if they didnt make it people would scream delay and they wouldnt conform more than 30 days cause people would start screaming delay right now

Do you think that's their way of hinting at it being more than 30 days or less than 30 days? I'd like to think that's their way of saying that, tentatively, it might be out in LESS than 30 days. Or they're hinting at it being delayed a bit into May. Hmm. Either way, we're closer than we've ever been! Hype!

I think it's safe to say earlier considering they haven't announced otherwise.

Nah, I did digital PS4 and some other goodies like the cabin, Savini Skin, etc tonight and got an email. What I was thinking the confusion might be was the actual charge since it states:

Your credit card is securely stored by Stripe.com, and won’t be charged until the project decides to collect funds. You will not need to re-enter your card info if you need to make updates to your cart.

However I believe you are correct in so far as the most recently mentioned email (a page or two back) was def regarding the physical copies. I thought maybe the person who said they didn't get an email was confused about not getting a confirmation email. I didn't think I had gotten one either but that's where I copied the billing thing from.

I got a confirmation e-mail for the digital pre-order last month. I was just wondering what the latest e-mail thing was all about. Turns out since it was about the physical copies, I had nothing to worry about.

I did some research and most games that have been announced to go gold were released on average a month later; However these games are all triple A titles and released both physical and digital copies with a lot of marketing. My guess is the reason that those game take a month to release after going gold is mostly due to marketing and physical discs. Even though they're big companies there is still a lot of channels they have to go through to publicize their game. My guess is the Friday the th13 game will make the "early 2017" window. I doubt they'll have a marketing strategy other another a trailer on YouTube(no disrespect). Which means less of a focus on preparing a marketing gimmick and more focus on releasing the game.

I was bored so I compiled a list of the fastest "high" budget Kickstarter releases of all time.

Fastest Kickstarter releases (For funding above $800K)

Amplitude (Harmonix) - 20 months

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey (Red Thread Games)- 19 months

Shadowrun Returns (Harebrained Schemes) - 15 months 

Warmachine Tactics (WhiteMoon Dreams) - 15 months

Divinity Original Sin (Larian Studios) - 14 months (This was self-funded and in full development well before the Kickstarter, this was just to expand the scope)

Shadowrun Hong Kong (Harebrained Schemes) - 6 months (This was effectively an expansion pack with 2 prior releases in the same engine)

Friday the 13th: The Game (Gun Media/Illfonic) - Currently just over 16 months past Kickstarter end date.  

If they manage to release it at ANY point in the next 4 months, they're still at least the 7th fastest high budget Kickstarter game release of all time, potentially as high as the 5th fastest if it's in their target window.  If you don't count DOS because the vast majority of dev was done before Kickstarter, and if you don't count Hong Kong since it was literally just a campaign for an existing engine with minimal updates, they'd be number 3.  That's pretty impressive.

• Like 6

Just a reminder that the Savini Jason and clothing pack dlcs won't be available through steam.

Omg, thanks for warning me, i didn't know that!

I made the purchase right now with Savini Jason <3, thanks makred :D

Omg, thanks for warning me, i didn't know that!

I made the purchase right now with Savini Jason <3, thanks makred :D

Good to hear, glad I could help.

• Like 1

Now will the skin still be available through the PS4 store and Xbox? I didn't take any chances, got that too.

Now will the skin still be available through the PS4 store and Xbox?

The Savini Jason and clothing pack dlcs are exclusive to the backerkit site.

The Savini Jason and clothing pack dlcs are exclusive to the backerkit site.

That's what I figured from the start. I just got a bit confused when only Steam was mentioned. Wasn't sure if that changed last minute.

I was bored so I compiled a list of the fastest "high" budget Kickstarter releases of all time.

Fastest Kickstarter releases (For funding above $800K)

Amplitude (Harmonix) - 20 months
Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey (Red Thread Games)- 19 months
Shadowrun Returns (Harebrained Schemes) - 15 months 
Warmachine Tactics (WhiteMoon Dreams) - 15 months
Divinity Original Sin (Larian Studios) - 14 months (This was self-funded and in full development well before the Kickstarter, this was just to expand the scope)
Shadowrun Hong Kong (Harebrained Schemes) - 6 months (This was effectively an expansion pack with 2 prior releases in the same engine)

Friday the 13th: The Game (Gun Media/Illfonic) - Currently just over 16 months past Kickstarter end date.  

If they manage to release it at ANY point in the next 4 months, they're still at least the 7th fastest high budget Kickstarter game release of all time, potentially as high as the 5th fastest if it's in their target window.  If you don't count DOS because the vast majority of dev was done before Kickstarter, and if you don't count Hong Kong since it was literally just a campaign for an existing engine with minimal updates, they'd be number 3.  That's pretty impressive.

Awesome - I asked this question on Twitter last night.

And after looking at the quality of those games vs what we are getting the F13th people really need to STFU when it comes to waiting. Gunmedia must be conjuring black magic and sacrificing goats in the snack room on a daily basis to get it done as fast as they have.

Great job guys and just keep doing what you're doing. I think most people who are serious fans and decent people know you're on it and are doing all the right things to assure we are getting what we paid for. 

I'd say I can't wait to play, but I've already been waiting two decades for a game like this. I could wait a few extra hours, days, weeks, and even months because I know it will be worth it. 

And after looking at the quality of those games vs what we are getting the F13th people really need to STFU when it comes to waiting. Gunmedia must be conjuring black magic and sacrificing goats in the snack room on a daily basis to get it done as fast as they have.

Great job guys and just keep doing what you're doing. I think most people who are serious fans and decent people know you're on it and are doing all the right things to assure we are getting what we paid for.

I'd say I can't wait to play, but I've already been waiting two decades for a game like this. I could wait a few extra hours, days, weeks, and even months because I know it will be worth it.

Woah...months, let's not get crazy ????

• Like 1

I hope we get some news on release and/or whats going on with cert today

Doubt it,at this late in the day. The last few twitter updates have me more confused than before.

• Like 2

Fuck it, i'm just gonna find some "LOL JASON!!!XEXDXDXD" streamer and watch youtube videos of beta matches for a while.

This launch thing is making me itchy.

This right here. Amazing job by all. I know I'm late arriving on the scene and haven't waited long at all, but the wait will be worth it. Or I guess I have waited a really long time; see quote below. 

We've all seen games, for whatever the reason, rushed and end up being a big stinking pile o' shit. And none of us want that.

Only too true. After having done a series marathon, I was actually reading up on and considering re-playing the old NES game just to get some Jason gaming love. That's actually how I ran across this. Glad I got in in time to get the Savini skin and Counselor clothing pack :)

I'm tired of these comments. How about the folks who are so patient STFU about those who aren't. If these folks are some model of patience then they can let it go when someone says waiting sucks. Being impatient or disliking waiting in general is pretty normal.

• Like 2

I'm tired of these comments. How about the folks who are so patient STFU about those who aren't. If these folks are some model of patience then they can let it go when someone says waiting sucks. Being impatient or disliking waiting in general is pretty normal.

We're all impatient for the game to release, because we desperately want to play it.  There's a difference between being impatient and lashing out at the devs because you're impatient, which there's literally a huge number of people doing on a daily basis.

• Like 1

How about those who aren't patient learn to be patient like the majority of the people on this forum have to be.

It's not like you're waiting any longer than we are.  But I'm sorry, being impatient and taking it out in rage-filled comments on the forum is completely normal (despite the majority of people here NOT doing that).

I'mt stunned that you're actually ADVOCATING for people to be impatient and defending those with a lack of patience as "normal".  Since when was lacking patience worth defending?  Seems like you're trying to justify all the complaining that was occurring with this thread previously due to the date.

Impatience is fine, when you have a good reason to be impatient.  Being impatient for the sake of being impatient is not worth defending and I still can't believe what I'm reading here.

We're all impatient for the game to release, because we desperately want to play it.  There's a difference between being impatient and lashing out at the devs because you're impatient, which there's literally a huge number of people doing on a daily basis.

I agree, being impatient is fine. Being a dick usually isn't. Impatience mixed with a legitimate complaint doesn't negate the complaint though. I'm not suggesting that's what you're implying. It's a general statement in relation.

How about those who aren't patient learn to be patient like the majority of the people on this forum have to be.

It's not like you're waiting any longer than we are.  But I'm sorry, being impatient and taking it out in rage-filled comments on the forum is completely normal (despite the majority of people here NOT doing that).

I'mt stunned that you're actually ADVOCATING for people to be impatient and defending those with a lack of patience as "normal".  Since when was lacking patience worth defending?  Seems like you're trying to justify all the complaining that was occurring with this thread previously due to the date.

Impatience is fine, when you have a good reason to be impatient.  Being impatient for the sake of being impatient is not worth defending and I still can't believe what I'm reading here.

Advocating impatience would be putting words in my mouth. Impatience is a reality, one the world doesn't need to accept because it exists regardless.

I agree, being impatient is fine. Being a dick usually isn't. Impatience mixed with a legitimate complaint doesn't negate the complaint though. I'm not suggesting that's what you're implying. It's a general statement in relation.

Advocating impatience would be putting words in my mouth. Impatience is a reality, one the world doesn't need to accept because it exists regardless.

"I'm tired of these comments. How about the folks who are so patient STFU about those who aren't. If these folks are some model of patience then they can let it go when someone says waiting sucks."

you would be advocating for impatience.  You're defending it by saying people shouldn't tell others to stop being impatient.

Why shouldn't I tell people to stop being impatient?  Just because people can be impatient doesn't mean they should, or does it mean I should tolerate it.