wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

Death implied that you guys were. Thats where offended came into play. Maybe it wouldve served better to countdown the end of early 17. But eh...thus is the type of forum this is. And with all this hooplah, im out.

• Like 1

I'm barely ever on these forums like I used to be, at this point I get up and check here and twitter for some kind of information regarding a release date. Than go do something.

As for the countdown, I can see how if someone stumbled into this thread looking for information they may misconstrue is as an official countdown til launch or something.Yea it was kind of funny but honestly if they don't want it to happen not much we can do about it.

At this point Jpops most of the folks here are just bored and have nothing to talk about. We wanna stab someone! And are praying to Korne for a release date.

• Like 1

I'm barely ever on these forums like I used to be, at this point I get up and check here and twitter for some kind of information regarding a release date. Than go do something.

As for the countdown, I can see how if someone stumbled into this thread looking for information they may misconstrue is as an official countdown til launch or something.Yea it was kind of funny but honestly if they don't want it to happen not much we can do about it.

At this point Jpops most of the folks here are just bored and have nothing to talk about. We wanna stab someone! And are praying to Korne for a release date.

Everyone gets it, trust me it's loud and clear. People can get passionate about something and there is nothing wrong with that. I may have come across as crass in my response however I wanted to simplify the message. Nobody is trying to decieve anyone or mislead them, nobody wants the fans to be disappointed. That is the core message here and it is being misconstrued as a "cover up" or that offence is being taken. As soon as a date is available it will be announced and that promise will be delivered on. An arbitrary date could be tossed out there to appease people but the question is what happens if that arbitrary date is not hit? It would rightfully so shake people's trust and no one wants that.
  • Like 1

Regardless of a countdown, if we hit April 1st and it comes and goes without a release date announced- we're delayed.

I'm disappointed anyone would take the time to shutdown the countdown. We want to be proved wrong. Yours and others interpretations of the countdown are theirs to own. The countdown was created using information provided by the development team. It created conversation and debate. You're effectively silencing a debate that you simply don't like.

If the game is delayed- do we get an apology for being silenced?

• Like 4

I don't recall seeing anyone tell you not to express your views. However a countdown is not an expression of your view. Also it can be viewed as spam. Say you are new here are you really going to scroll through a bunch of posts and be left to decipher which is fiction and which is fact? Have a discussion sure but a countdown to something that does not exist? Come on I think you can see the merit in what I am saying here.

I don't see it.

Definitely not my responsibility to ensure new forum members don't misread or misunderstand posts.

A countdown with images is literally a visual expression of my view. I don't think it could be anymore clear. Take a look at the this game's Twitter and see how often an image or gif is used as a visual expression of their view.

This is simply silencing a conversation you don't like.

• Like 3

I don't see it.

Definitely not my responsibility to ensure new forum members don't misread or misunderstand posts.

A countdown with images is literally a visual expression of my view. I don't think it could be anymore clear. Take a look at the this game's Twitter and see how often an image or gif is used as a visual expression of their view.

This is simply silencing a conversation you don't like.

I agree, it is not your responsibility to ensure new members do not misinterpret things posted on the forum. That is our responsibility. Thus why intervention was needed. I am sorry you feel the way you do and are unwilling to see a point of view that is not your own but you are entitled to that view regardless. I think I have best tried to explain why, but if you are unwilling to participate in the discussion there really isn't anything much to discuss.

• Like 2

I personally found the countdown humorous. Actually, to the point where I'd check the forums every morning to see the new image lol. But, if it's gone then so be it. The only thing I wonder about...if the countdown is over because of a perception that it could create misinformation, why let it go on as long as it did in the first place?

• Like 1

I agree, it is not your responsibility to ensure new members do not misinterpret things posted on the forum. That is our responsibility. Thus why intervention was needed. I am sorry you feel the way you do and are unwilling to see a point of view that is not your own but you are entitled to that view regardless. I think I have best tried to explain why, but if you are unwilling to participate in the discussion there really isn't anything much to discuss.

I was expecting this reply- I was participating fully in this discussion. You're just shutting it down, like the countdown. Is there anything more condescending than a "I'm sorry but..." or assuming I'm incapable of seeing other views? Thanks. :P

I was expecting this reply- I was participating fully in this discussion. You're just shutting it down, like the countdown. Is there anything more condescending than a "I'm sorry but..." or assuming I'm incapable of seeing other views? Thanks. :P

Shots fired ????????????

Regardless of a countdown, if we hit April 1st and it comes and goes without a release date announced- we're delayed.

You're 100% right. Unless of course, they are certified and haven't told us yet..

Maybe they confirmed all the details with various groups and partners and they would only need 20 days from cert to release, so technically we have until April 10th.

Maybe they got certified already and are busy setting up the distribution of rewards from the various tiers. Maybe they are working on getting the physical copies produced.

Maybe they're still not certified and are currently on the phone with someone from Microsoft trying to get the Xbox certified. Maybe they all went home early after reading a few threads of anger and hate and called it a day.

Maybe a lot of things. You can't just state something as a fact when there are variables that you are unaware of.

At best, it should be "if we hit April 1st and it comes and goes without a release date announced- we're probably delayed."

Gun just released a group pic of the councilors on twitter and somewhere in the responses, I believe someone posted a link to this thread.

Now you have a bunch of people that probably didn't know about the site coming to look here for the first time after being excited about the new picture only to see the word delay everywhere and an unofficial countdown to delay going on. I wonder why Gun wouldn't want that to continue?

Imagine some guys emailing your boss after hearing from someone else that you will be up late at a concert.  'Yeah hes probably going to come in late to work" Now you get shit from your boss for something that HASNT EVEN HAPPENED because of someone overhearing something, making assumptions and claiming them as facts.

• Like 1

Then I assume you've never worked for a heartless bitch who is to employee management and career development as Jason is to councilors. If you haven't, consider yourself lucky.

But allow me to shift perspective slightly on the matter. Manager = News outlets like IGN & Gamestop, general fan reactions, general PR

Bad news (imagined, implied, assumed, perceived otherwise, or explicitly stated, etc) can all be treated the same way.

That's how the internet works, its broken telephone. "I think you can play as Freddy in this game" Turns into "I heard someone say you can play as Freddy in a DLC or something" becomes "Future DLC will include other playable character like Freddy from FvJ" becomes "DLC including Freddy from FvJ to be released later this year, possibly when previously announced single player is to be released" becomes "Gun/Illfonic announce no plans for Freddy inclusion at this point, citing licensing issues" becomes "I heard they cancelled Freddy in the game" "What? This game blows"

• Like 1

Then I assume you've never worked for a heartless bitch who is to employee management and career development as Jason is to councilors. If you haven't, consider yourself lucky.

But allow me to shift perspective slightly on the matter. Manager = News outlets like IGN & Gamestop, general fan reactions, general PR

Bad news (imagined, implied, assumed, perceived otherwise, or explicitly stated, etc) can all be treated the same way.

That's how the internet works, its broken telephone. "I think you can play as Freddy in this game" Turns into "I heard someone say you can play as Freddy in a DLC or something" becomes "Future DLC will include other playable character like Freddy from FvJ" becomes "DLC including Freddy from FvJ to be released later this year, possibly when previously announced single player is to be released" becomes "Gun/Illfonic announce no plans for Freddy inclusion at this point, citing licensing issues" becomes "I heard they cancelled Freddy in the game" "What? This game blows"

I get your point. It's definitely a game of "Telephone" with anything online and I can see how someone who only wants to see what they want will take things incorrectly. It's entirely unavoidable though. Was the countdown really causing this? We just have assumptions currently. Even if it did cause rumours, they'd just be rumours. Did it require silencing? No. If it was wrong we would've been happy to admit it was wrong. If it's right though and we were silenced...

About the heartless boss, I'm sorry you had to go through that or still are. People in authority abuse the little bit of "power" they have far too often. Just remember, no job is worth being bullied or shit on. (My two cents.)

This is how i will feel once finally get a release date. But until then i guess where better off not to speak are mind.

• Like 1

This is how i will feel once finally get a release date. But until then i guess where better off not to speak are mind.

https://youtu.be/mOHkRk00iI8

Oh my GOD!!! LMFAO!!!! WOOOOOOOO!XD

Soooo Gooood!!!

No of course its unavoidable with people and the internet. My impression is that yes, it probably was causing that sort of issue. Or at least the threat of it happening was large enough that nipping it in the bud is the easier solution.

Why do damage control if you just silence the information?

People look at this forum as an official sounding source of information.

If someone told you a release date was posted on the steam forum, I bet you would be skeptical and probably check here or twitter before believing it.

But if you read on twitter that a post on forum.F13game.com announced the release date? You and I would log in here and check, but again knowing that there aren't that many users on here, most people would just read that and accept it as truth.

Again, they just posted this picture (which is awesome, by the way) and theoretically a lot of people might be coming here to look for new information. I would imagine the 'silencing' is a pre-emptive strike against release date and delay rumors. 

C7s5riZWsAI7xDH.jpg

And thanks, I served my time with her before she was shifted elsewhere thankfully, the other survivors and I laugh about the nonsense now...we look back on her BS and laugh. I call us survivors because my team is usually in the 10-12 person range and over the course of less than 3 years she fired 6 people and 4 more left to other roles/companies. The only reason I stuck around was because I was on a special project (the development project I mentioned way back at the beginning of this thread) answering to different manager. 

@death Well to them...dont be so sensitive. Do the work put it out and prove the naysayers wrong. You have a deadline, you have no time to be "insulted". Tf?! They felt threatened over pictures that suggested "thoughts and opinions" anybody can misinterpret ANYTHING. To those people I say,"read more".

A countdown to a misinformed delay. You really think they'd even want that?

You realize it would cause more damage than its worth.

Im not a fan of avengers but i feel like the forums is avenger civil war. all wanting the same thing in the end. Just on different side train of thought

Quick tip the comics have shown me over the decades, and that the movies follow suit on. 

Always side with Cap. 

• Like 1

Quick tip the comics have shown me over the decades, and that the movies follow suit on. 

Always side with Cap. 

Whos Captain America in this instance?

Say its me.

/Flex

• Like 2

I'm just confused why anyone would be so upset that they're not allowed to spam a thread with an unnecessary countdown to a random date that potentially has no relevance.

I'm just confused why anyone would be so upset that they're not allowed to spam a thread with an unnecessary countdown to a random date that potentially has no relevance.

It creates confusion and looks accusative.

I certainly was confused, when I started thinking about it, the less relevant the countdown seemed.