wes

Why No Release Date Yet?

Someone know how much will cost the game after the release?

40 for digital 60 for physical.

40 for digital 60 for physical.

Just to stress that's US Dollars.  Prices in other countries will vary.   I know the digital early bird copy ($25 US dollars then)  I grabbed before the kickstarter came to an end cost me about $40 dollars Canadian.

Someone know how much will cost the game after the release?

$60 for a physical copy $40 for the digital.

• Like 1

Thank you to CrazyRalph for the image:

8_DAYS.png

8 days 'til we're delayed!

The best part is its potentially multi use, you can use it 8 days bofore the game launches as well!

• Like 2

Okay, so I've just caught up with this thread and have read the vast majority of it and I have to say there is an exceptional amount of assumptions and misinformation being spread. 

Our team consists of around 30 total players; 4 at Gun and the rest at IllFonic with third party contractors. Most everyone here has in some form or fashion been involved with a AAA release. Our team took in private investment, additional funds on Kickstarter and Backerkit as a continual source of crowd-funding to expand on the game. 

The first assumption is that anyone here believes the $2M raised covers development of the game. That's flat out wrong. Kickstarters generally work to either raise enough funds for a MVP (minimum viable product) or to help a team finalize funds for a polished title. Several teams have made the mistake of believing they could utilize only Kickstarter funds and cover development of rather intense-dev cycles. Look at it this way; Mass Effect: Andromeda was a 5-year dev cycle, well over a $25M+ dev budget and with a team over 200+ people and look at the criticism going on with the game. It's a stupendously gorgeous game with mechanics that overall work, but even still there are issues that people see fit to criticize without any actual knowledge on how their systems work.

What I am saying is that there is a ton of work involved with game development. Multiplayer back-end work, character animations, artwork, scene dressing, etc.....all of that takes time and effort. Our team has to create maps, assets and gameplay that not only is fun, but stays true to the franchise as best as possible on a schedule that is far shorter than many other titles at the level of quality we're shooting for on a budget that is incredibly, incredibly tight. We can't just hire people to bring them on with our studio; that involves careful vetting and ensuring that they have a place here that isn't simply going to result in having nothing to do after we ship. Every single person can't work on every aspect of the game. An engineer isn't going to be able to help out with 3D art modeling and vice versa. It's not a matter of  bodies, it's a matter of quality and effectiveness paired with ensuring assets/money/time aren't wasted and lives aren't thrown further into chaos. 

We have a lot that has to get done and we have been upfront with that from the very beginning. We have stated that we're going to deliver a game in Early 2017, and by all accounts that still is on track. Console cert, ratings for different areas of the globe, different platform specifications, online servers, backend account information, etc....there's so much involved with this that for our team to balance and finalize so that we can get the game out to all of our fans around the world as best as possible. 

What staggers me is this arbitrary notion that so many people have decided to try to pinpoint an exact date as though it were authoritative. If others believe that one specific date is now 'the release date,' due to the continued harassment of some users...it becomes an expectation that grows into a rumor. When rumors grow through no other reason than a clamoring for the game, it creates issues when that rumor turns out to be false. 

Our team has been as upfront and honest about this as possible; we will give you a date as soon as we are 100% certain that every aspect of the launch is ready to go as best as possible for as many of our fans around the world. We refuse to give you a date not because we're being malicious or that we do not know, but because a delay sparks more fears in most people's minds than does waiting for a confirmation. The constant requests are both a blessing and a curse; we know people are passionate, we know they want the game, but without much knowledge of actual development or publishing background the frustration comes.

We refuse to lie to you, we refuse to pull the wool over your eyes and it sucks that people believe to think overwise, but when we give you a launch date, you can be 100% certain that it will be on said date. That date will fall in Early 2017 to the best of our ability. We're this close, guys. The game is on the way, we're just asking for your patience and to please, please stop instigating arbitrary-self appointed dates that have not been discussed by our team.  

• Like 11

Credit CrazyRalph. :)

CrazyRalph...where ever you are!  I love you!  :P   Ha ha ha.  Great find man!

THE+GURCH+FRI+13+CRAZY+Ralph+JASON+vorhe

• Like 2

What the countdown is referring to Ben is the latest you would submit to cert (given it takes around 30 days

without any more delays) and still make the early 2017 window. We don't presume to know the release date, obviously :D

• Like 5

The countdown is for the end of 2017 (with the 30 day after cert window attached) to make early 2017 release. May 1st ends early 2017. May 1st is Mid 2017 (summer months).

• Like 2

What the countdown is referring to Ben is the latest you would submit to cert (given it takes around 30 days

without any more delays) and still make the early 2017 window. We don't presume to know the release date, obviously :D

It is presuming that they haven't already passed certification but still require some other criteria before they can reveal the date.

You're presuming that because they don't state a release date in March, it MUST be delayed because of the 30 days for cert.

I have no idea  how this countdown was conceived nor how it is suddenly considered a reliable source of consideration in terms of release date/delay determination, but I have a feeling there is much more to this than just "Cert than date".

You didn't read the post, or others, did you? Where did I say I presume it's delayed? If you actually read and comprehended it all we said is if cert takes 30 days and they didn't submit by that date or if there was a delay they won't make early 2017. They might be done with cert for all we know. we (or at least I) never stated otherwise. We set a date just to have an actual date to count down to, nothing more.

• Like 2

I, for one, fully understand IF they do not meet the early 2017 window. Hell, theres enormous work to do, and they are understaffed by normal standards. But...that doesnt negate the fact that they early 2017 date could be missed. I think, behind the scenes they have more things going than we know, and are on the cusp of release. But...WITHOUT an official release date, regardless of what, the countdown to early 2017 still presses on. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

You didn't read the post, or others, did you? Where did I say I presume it's delayed? If you actually read and comprehended it all we said is if cert takes 30 days and they didn't submit by that date or if there was a delay they won't make early 2017. They might be done with cert for all we know. we (or at least I) never stated otherwise. We set a date just to have an actual date to count down to, nothing more.

You're presuming that the countdown isn't about a delay.

But certainly particular users stating "Eight days until delay!" with such confidence under a big large image indicating the number isn't looking like it's about the potential of a delay.  Sounds to me rather it is about a delay itself.  You claim its one thing; the comments on the forum are stating another altogether.  It's a contradiction.

In which case, I don't see why we would need a countdown in your case anyway.

Why would we countdown to the amount of days before cert needs to be done when we have no information to give us any particular confirmation on their certification process?  It sounds like a silly thing to countdown for, and more silly to subtitle with "# of days before delay!" when it has little to do with the actual delay and more about the number of days required for cert to be complete, a process we have zero info on right this moment.

So yeah I did read your post; but the countdown itself seems to be contradicting you.  The very existence of it seems to be useless to us unless it is presumed in some way.  So yeah, I assumed it would be for a delay, because why else would anyone make a dramatic countdown titled "# of days before delay" when it isn't the case?  Again, you're saying one thing, the actual countdown is stating another.

This forum is dead. People dont really have much to post about.everything now is mostly speculation. People are clamoring for excitement and something to talk about. Ive been here sinve the beginning, its def scarce in comparasion to the heyday.

• Like 2

Somewhere it's stated taht Early 2017 is still in the plans and next month is technically the latest to meet that release period.

so its natural some would countdown to the latest time where it would be assumed afterwards that its delayed if there is no reelease date announcement within the next 2 weeks or so.

also somewhere it's said that if they get certified and "gold" they would let everyone know.   so it seems like they might be waiting for certification before they can announce a date, and open preorders on PSN and stuff.

there still seems to be a week or so, before its a ssumed it might be pushed back, but the timing of the announcement counts.  the announcmeent itself might even be behind schedule.

either way, its great they are prioritizing to release the actual multiplayer game, instead of wasting time and patience holding it off for the single player mode in the summer.

the single player mode is only Jason, so that has no value to Counselor fans that would just settle with the multiplayer if that's the only part of the game that has all the Counselors playable.

so its great the single player is not holding back the release.

it seems like only the certification is keeping things in the dark.

but if things get green lit, and releases next month, then great.

if it releases in May, then great.  if it gets pushed further than that, that would be annoying.   but people will buy it when its available.  so its jsut a matter of when its available to play it.

on the plus side, at laest this seems like it is coming to PS4 long before H1Z1 KOTK and PU Battlegrounds comes to PS4, and just might beat DbD at being the first horror slasher multiplayer game on PS4.   so if they at least bring it to PS4 before its competition, then it can secure more attention, sales and success.

also I think also a part of the quiet news, is that they are letting the march releases calm before they hype the multiplatform F13th launch. 

, so timing can be a factor too.

• Like 1

Okay, so I've just caught up with this thread and have read the vast majority of it and I have to say there is an exceptional amount of assumptions and misinformation being spread. 

Our team consists of around 30 total players; 4 at Gun and the rest at IllFonic with third party contractors. Most everyone here has in some form or fashion been involved with a AAA release. Our team took in private investment, additional funds on Kickstarter and Backerkit as a continual source of crowd-funding to expand on the game. 

The first assumption is that anyone here believes the $2M raised covers development of the game. That's flat out wrong. Kickstarters generally work to either raise enough funds for a MVP (minimum viable product) or to help a team finalize funds for a polished title. Several teams have made the mistake of believing they could utilize only Kickstarter funds and cover development of rather intense-dev cycles. Look at it this way; Mass Effect: Andromeda was a 5-year dev cycle, well over a $25M+ dev budget and with a team over 200+ people and look at the criticism going on with the game. It's a stupendously gorgeous game with mechanics that overall work, but even still there are issues that people see fit to criticize without any actual knowledge on how their systems work.

What I am saying is that there is a ton of work involved with game development. Multiplayer back-end work, character animations, artwork, scene dressing, etc.....all of that takes time and effort. Our team has to create maps, assets and gameplay that not only is fun, but stays true to the franchise as best as possible on a schedule that is far shorter than many other titles at the level of quality we're shooting for on a budget that is incredibly, incredibly tight. We can't just hire people to bring them on with our studio; that involves careful vetting and ensuring that they have a place here that isn't simply going to result in having nothing to do after we ship. Every single person can't work on every aspect of the game. An engineer isn't going to be able to help out with 3D art modeling and vice versa. It's not a matter of  bodies, it's a matter of quality and effectiveness paired with ensuring assets/money/time aren't wasted and lives aren't thrown further into chaos. 

We have a lot that has to get done and we have been upfront with that from the very beginning. We have stated that we're going to deliver a game in Early 2017, and by all accounts that still is on track. Console cert, ratings for different areas of the globe, different platform specifications, online servers, backend account information, etc....there's so much involved with this that for our team to balance and finalize so that we can get the game out to all of our fans around the world as best as possible. 

What staggers me is this arbitrary notion that so many people have decided to try to pinpoint an exact date as though it were authoritative. If others believe that one specific date is now 'the release date,' due to the continued harassment of some users...it becomes an expectation that grows into a rumor. When rumors grow through no other reason than a clamoring for the game, it creates issues when that rumor turns out to be false. 

Our team has been as upfront and honest about this as possible; we will give you a date as soon as we are 100% certain that every aspect of the launch is ready to go as best as possible for as many of our fans around the world. We refuse to give you a date not because we're being malicious or that we do not know, but because a delay sparks more fears in most people's minds than does waiting for a confirmation. The constant requests are both a blessing and a curse; we know people are passionate, we know they want the game, but without much knowledge of actual development or publishing background the frustration comes.

We refuse to lie to you, we refuse to pull the wool over your eyes and it sucks that people believe to think overwise, but when we give you a launch date, you can be 100% certain that it will be on said date. That date will fall in Early 2017 to the best of our ability. We're this close, guys. The game is on the way, we're just asking for your patience and to please, please stop instigating arbitrary-self appointed dates that have not been discussed by our team.  

You are a god among men for reading all those comments.

As I said, it's a day to look forward to, nothing more. I never said "# until delay" I know you know that. I just had to respond because you quoted me and said "you're presuming there will be a delay" which was incorrect.

• Like 1