I was wondering what is your plan for when a player quits mid game. Cause most other games either have a bot control the player till a new player spawns in. Or the game just quits and no one wins. What's your plan for this when it happens. Cause you know it will happen.

There could also be some kind of penalty for leaving the game early , like 2nd class aisle seat next to a new born . Or low priority game queues or a timeout of queue penalty , like 2 or 3 mins just in case their internet crashed or something under controllable happened . Then maybe more of a penalty if it happens again and again and again .  Most Moba genre games do something like that .

• Like 1

Well that could turn a lot of people off from even wanting to play the game. I wanna know what they actually have planned for when stuff like this happens. Cause we know there'll be people who quit because their not Jason. Or because they their about to get killed.

We're working on coming up with a solution that keeps people happy here, but we don't have anything super concrete right now to give you a definitive answer. This is definitely going to be something we need to pay attention to for whomever plays as Jason. 

Playtesting and a lot of work will give us a solution, so know that we'll be working on something when we're able! 

What about a combination of:

* if counselor/Jason quits, AI takes over

* penalizing quitters by matchmaking them with each other

You're not going to make people want to stop playing the game if they're already not playing it. Chasing away quitters with penalties won't hurt those of us that actually want to stay and play...so you're gonna come out even, regardless.

• Like 2

Well A.I. won't happen unless the goal for single player is met. Plus if the single player campaigners find out they did A.I. for online play to keep a game going. There would be a huge uproar and it would make the developers look bad.

They would still wanna play the game. Not everyone is gonna wanna play as a counselor. For most the big selling point is being able to play as Jason. I can see a good number of people quitting a game simply because their not able to be Jason. I would be bummed out if 10 out of 10 games I join. That I don't get to be Jason in at least one of those.

What about a combination of:

* if counselor/Jason quits, AI takes over

* penalizing quitters by matchmaking them with each other

You're not going to make people want to stop playing the game if they're already not playing it. Chasing away quitters with penalties won't hurt those of us that actually want to stay and play...so you're gonna come out even, regardless.

I like that idea a lot , having a running total of game drop outs and those players get grouped into ques with each other .... a perfect penalty really . As well as a reward to the players they will be dropping out on to begin with . 

S.A. Hunt , I would give your post a Huge like , but I am out of my daily ... but it will be there ... soon . Post more , I like your ideas .

• Like 1

You could group all the quitters together and make everyone automatically have to play Shelly. lol Make everything they do hard. they fail at everything they trip over their own feet. Lol. I kid i Kid. That would be funny, you quit and now your in a round of:

Shelly v Shelly v Shelly v Shelly v Shelly v Shelly v Shelly  v Jason

There definitly needs some form of punishment for Counselors leaving the game and DEFINTLY one for the Jason Player since he is the essential one.

punish the Jason player that left and then morph a counselor into Jason so the game can continue and not just ends and everyone gets kicked to the lobby.

• Like 1

I would guess that if Jason quits, then one of the counselors becomes Jason.

I don't know what you can do. If there's an XP system (I think I may have heard about this), you can make the player lose a percentage of XP for their next full match.

How is Jason determined? Can they make it less likely that a player will become Jason if they have a higher no-finish %? That might be tricky, but just firing out an idea.

shouldnt be tricky at all.... statistics will probably be gathered anyways for all sorts of stuff, like most weapons used, places where counselors die most etc etc etc, simply to make balancing easier for the devs, so the % of quit games would be easy to track, if a player regularly quits, refuse them the chance to become Jason at all i say

and even if it keeps players away, nobody wants to play with those kind of quitters anyways. i'd rather have a smaller but very happy community playing my game instead of EVERYONE being pissed about stuff like that.

I don't think the penality for qutting should be too severe, because sometimes people will lose connection and cause them to unwillingly quit. If someone quits A.I. should take over, and if Jason quits, then one of the counselers should take over.

the differnce between losing connection and quitting can be noticed if you track the buttons that are being pushed as well, like the last 10 buttons pushed... if there is the special sequence in it that gets you to either close the application or leave the game.... penalty. normal behaviour and suddently gone... no penalty

it can all be done, just depends on how far you are willing to go to actual track "quitters" down

shouldnt be tricky at all.... statistics will probably be gathered anyways for all sorts of stuff, like most weapons used, places where counselors die most etc etc etc, simply to make balancing easier for the devs, so the % of quit games would be easy to track, if a player regularly quits, refuse them the chance to become Jason at all i say

and even if it keeps players away, nobody wants to play with those kind of quitters anyways. i'd rather have a smaller but very happy community playing my game instead of EVERYONE being pissed about stuff like that.

I meant that the % would decrease the likelihood of drawing the Jason card.

I don't think the penality for qutting should be too severe, because sometimes people will lose connection and cause them to unwillingly quit. If someone quits A.I. should take over, and if Jason quits, then one of the counselers should take over.

Of course.

You could always punish them by making them watch Jason Goes to Hell while they wait in the cue :P

That sounds like heaven.  :D

Seriously though, you guys worry way to much.  This isn't Gun's first game.  Also there's a ton of things that they can do to players that quit early.  Bans from playing online, etc.  Halo and COD games have made it an art form to deal with gamers who quit early.  Gun will do just fine.  :)

• Like 1

That sounds like heaven.   :D

Seriously though, you guys worry way to much.  This isn't Gun's first game.  Also there's a ton of things that they can do to players that quit early.  Bans from playing online, etc.  Halo and COD games have made it an art form to deal with gamers who quit early.  Gun will do just fine.   :)

You've been on these forums long enough already to know that we always worry about everything!

You've been on these forums long enough already to know that we always worry about everything!

If you guys want to die from a stress related event that you have no control over...then have at it!  :D  Me.  I'll just sit over here till Oct'16 comes.

How is Jason determined?

Maybe implement a counter of how many consecutive preceding rounds all players have been counselors. The player who has played the most consecutive preceding rounds as a counselor is determined to become Jason, and their counter resets to zero. When there's a tie, randomly choose one of the tying players.

This doesn't address the ragequitting aspect, but it might be a good way to start, though this has probably already been thought through.

• Like 1

I think that having the player first select a queue for priority can help with both Jason selection and for who takes over for a dropped Jason player.

What I mean is, selecting a preference when you first load up the game out of 3 or so options:

1 Wants to mostly play as Jason

2 Has no preference

3 Wants to mostly play as Counselor

This selection will then prioritize players to the random selection process to Jason. Giving more "votes" or "chances" for those wanting to actively be Jason and less for those who don't. I'd imagine that the selection process itself would be fairly random. Then, during theach character selection process, one should be able to opt out of the Jason spot, if they don't want it, allowing someone else to grab the spot, or for the choice to be distributed at random again. But with the original Jason player being excluded from that process.

Then, with the selection for replacement Jason for a match, I think using the same variables for the Jason selection should be used, along with regards to how the player counselors are performing. So if someone is scoring very little to no points, or is already dead, perhaps they take priority matched against their want of playing Jason.

Or something like a message pops up when a Jason disconnects, and giving players to opt in for the Jason role. Then the winner be determined randomly, or with the process described earlier.

Something like that.

DBD had to take care of this issues with their own game. They didn't plan for it at all so they had to address the issue in a patch after players complained about it. Basically all they did was add extra points and rewards to players who were left in the match.

In F13's case:

When someone disconnects, or they get accidentally disconnected, all their points or experience could be distributed to the remaining players alive.

If someone else disconnects in the same match, again, points are distributed. If JASON disconnects, everyone just wins, although they wouldn't be awarded the same for when you ACTUALLY win, because people may just abuse the system by playing and disconnecting over and over and over again to level up.

I think that Jason should act as a Lobby for the match. So people like in DBD, can PICK Jason to play when they want, and they don't have to worry about randomly being Jason or a counselor.

I think if people have to 'gamble' on the fact that they MIGHT be Jason at the start will turn folks off. It should be an option at the start on whether you want to play as Jason or a counselor.