LLCoolK

Wonder if Gun Media has thought about what other Horror franchises they could take a shot at after Friday The 13th?

29 posts in this topic

With Jason having an official game, it's only right to wonder if other horror icons will get the same treatment. I also wonder if Gun Media has had the thought, at least cross their minds? Hopefully they have. I'd love it if they took on more horror legends, Michael Myers and Freddy especially.

What do you all think?

I'm sure it's crossed their minds but this is their baby. Once baby grows up and moves out then I could see them thinking of having another. I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre could have potential. I would have loved them do a Halloween DLC, but I know another piece of garbage game somehow got it and ruined it. Not sure how that works in the gaming world with sharing rights.

1 person likes this

I totally agree. I don't expect them to start shoving out more horror related games, at least not for a while. Being they are still trying to perfect F13th. Then there's the high chance of DLC maps, skins, and other things.

However, I do hope they're the people that do take on a solo Myers or Freddy game, if it happens. Michael Myers in particular though. A Friday The 13th-esque game taking place in suburbia, hospital, or even a mental ward gives me chills just thinking about it!

Phantasm, although obscure with alot of fans, has alot of lore,weapons,enemies,locations, etc to be a great game. Hellraiser also.

Would totally love an asymmetrical game based off of The Thing. Imagine Thule Station or U.S. Outpost 31? Or the alleged Russian Base that was hinted at in the prequel? So many ways to make a multiplayer based off of it. Character customization, mutation customizations, all that jazz!

With all the love they put into f13 you know any game they'd make would be as accurate as possible.

2 people like this

So we were thinking ‘What are we going to base it on? Is it going to be based on ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’? ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street?’ Maybe ‘Killer Clowns from Outer Space’? What is this going to be an homage to? Then we came to the obvious answer: ‘Friday the 13th’ the whole way.

According to this interview, at one point Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Killer Clowns from Outer Space were all thought about at one time. Personally, I hope in the far future they revisit the idea of a Nightmare on Elm Street game. I keep dying at the first jump at the high school.

They've said they've absolutely thought about other horror franchises, yeah.

Really, this whole project sprung up in a similar way to a lot of conversations, like a "what if?" when you're a kid at school.

For many of these guys, like Ronnie, it's a conversation they started many many years ago with their friends and it's now just something that's coming to fruition.

So yeah...if this is a big hit, not just a sequel is possible (or a much bigger raft of updates and longevity) but other franchises could be on the table too.

If it plays like Friday the 13th, i'd definitely look forward to it.

Texas chainsaw or Halloween would be awesome too!

Laurie Strode showing up via radio instead of Tommy.

So many possibilities. I'm just glad this project is coming to life!

Did someone remember Cube?

Imagine that.

I'd like some more Cube. Don't want to be the one who is forced to do all the math though.

2 people like this

Would totally love an asymmetrical game based off of The Thing. Imagine Thule Station or U.S. Outpost 31? Or the alleged Russian Base that was hinted at in the prequel? So many ways to make a multiplayer based off of it. Character customization, mutation customizations, all that jazz!

With all the love they put into f13 you know any game they'd make would be as accurate as possible.

That would be amazing.

Game starts and one of you is the thing, but you don't know who

Halloween.

But the gameplay would have to be significantly different. Maybe more of a 1vs1 thing where Laurie is super stealthy and able to use traps/etc and Michael is tanky and strong. Like a more refined cat and mouse 1vs1 game. 

If it plays like Friday the 13th, i'd definitely look forward to it.

Texas chainsaw or Halloween would be awesome too!

Laurie Strode showing up via radio instead of Tommy.

So many possibilities. I'm just glad this project is coming to life!

If I was in a Halloween game I'd probably give Dr. Loomis a call before Laurie.

Halloween.

But the gameplay would have to be significantly different. Maybe more of a 1vs1 thing where Laurie is super stealthy and able to use traps/etc and Michael is tanky and strong. Like a more refined cat and mouse 1vs1 game.

I agree, it couldn't be the same game. I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre could slip into this style much easier. I see a Halloween game as something similar to Alien: Isolation (survivor's perspective) or Hitman (The Shape's perspective).

Please concider The hills have eyes. you make up 2 teams of psychos and freaks vs Civilians or soldiers + NPCs

RV / truck / whatever breaks down in the warm lonely desert, you need to make it to the gas station and back to fix your car, make it to the little town to save your friend(s) since these people kidnap and or kill.

a large map where the town and the gas station and other things spawn on random spots.

plenty of playable characters such as 

various soldiers with weapons, since the killers here actually rely on sneaking its a bit reversed from f13

elderly couple like in the 2006 movie

the parents of a baby (baby in the game might be controversial)

young adults part of the family

and possibly unrelated tourists?

as when it comes to the freaks and psychos i think gunmedia is the right people to let imagination loose to make the right designs. with elements from the movies like the guy who conceal himself as a rock, the quick ones, the good ones too of course and so on

one main thing telling me they CAN do it is because of how well they done so far here

I'm sure they'd love to tackle a number of them. But there is the issue of licensing, which they kind of got lucky with on F13. Anything else would cost them a pretty good chunk of cash up front as well as a good portion of the sales profits. While not always the case, that cost has caused gameplay to suffer in the past with very few exceptions as development funds have to be used to pay for the license.

That being said, a Hellraiser or Nightmare on Elm Street game could be fun.

Michael Myers and Leatherface make the most sense for slashers.

Why stop at just horror slashers? This type of gaming would be fantastic with Alien, Predator, Terminator, The Thing

I'm glad someone mentioned it above, because the Thing would be amazing All 8 survivors trying to keep the frozen research station running while looking for the Thing and killing it before it escapes to the real world. As the Thing, stalking individuals and avoiding detectors and flamethrowers, while also playing along with the plan to avoid suspicion. Maybe even the ability to infect 1 player making it 6v2. Customize the types of attacks and forms you can take.

Alien would work like the Isolation game, but 7 crewmen instead. Motion trackers, flamethrowers, trying to make to the escape pods or calling for a marine pickup. Same idea Thing, get 1 player near a facehugger and a few min later, the player hatches into a new xeno, making it 6v2. Customize color, skin, armor type (warrior or drone) dog, human or Predator host, hell make some new hosts up?

Predator vs 7 special forces soldiers, limited ammo, traps. Call in the chopper to escape, kill it or repair a boat by the water. Mud can work as a temporary camo from Predators thermal vision. Predator has the ability to run faster, jump higher, climb trees and of course have invisibility. Not to mention all the cool Predator weapons. You could have the original predator, the berserkers, customize faceplates warpaint, armor and weapons

Terminator vs 7 resistance soldiers in the ruins of a big city, trying to set up traps or repair a hefty weapon, or a truck to escape, maybe trying to reprogram a damaged Terminator to fight for you for a little while (much weaker than the one hunting you) trying to download and send info back to HQ, coordinate to get a resistance air strike in to help, etc. Different models of terminator T-800, 700, 600. Different types of skins, battle damaged or not, unskinned endoskeleton even. 

There are a lot more concepts where this type of game could be very fun to play.

A modern Freddy Kreuger game would be the best. There would be so many fun gameplay possibilities, given that the story perfectly sets up scenarios where Freddy is very powerful but can also be defeated in different ways. The dream scenarios would offer so much potential, such that you would probably have to be ready to give a lot of effort and devote a lot of resources into really pulling it off in a way that would be satisfying.

IT WOULD DEFINATLEY BE AN OFFICIAL JOHN CARPENTERS HALLOWEEN. Because halloween started the slasher horror genre. id also like to see A CREEPSHOW Video game with maps simmilar to the stories.House By The Cemetery game would be awesome playing as Dr Freudstein. John Carpenter is planning a huge comeback For The Halloween Franchise in 2018.Having an official video game to go with it would be perfect timing.we really need to encourage the Gunnmedia team to jump on it and get Halloween. look how detailed They did with Friday the 13th. its so close to the movies with only a small budget of 2 million dollars.if they would show John Carpenter what they pulled off with just 2 million in a small croud funded game it would knock his socks off.

Sym horror games are becoming a thing, I'm sure if Gun doesn't get to it, Freddy and Michael will be eventually inevitable. Though I'd like to imagine a Halloween game to be more open world based throughout Haddonfield, giving the entire town a plausible stalking ground. A Nightmare game done in symmetrical horror might be a little tricky because then you'd have to limit Freddy's powers to give players a chance to kill him, in that one you'd have to kill him, there's no driving out of the campgrounds with Freddy.

WE MUST ASK The creators of The Friday The 13th Game To approach JOHN CARPENTER and strike some sort of deal.

This may seem way out there but I would love to see a Critters game. 80s movie about piranha like hair balls from space lol. Loved those movies. Probably not a very big fan base though. Players are held up in a farmhouse/apartment and have to defend against a team of Critters trying to eat them.

This may seem way out there but I would love to see a Critters game. 80s movie about piranha like hair balls from space lol. Loved those movies. Probably not a very big fan base though. Players are held up in a farmhouse/apartment and have to defend against a team of Critters trying to eat them.

I liked those movies although i never even thought to check them out till i seen it mentioned on this forum. Kinda remind me of gremlins very similar creatures i think

For freddy you could just use sleeping pills and hypnocil to keep you awake and give everyone dream warrior powers

For freddy you could just use sleeping pills and hypnocil to keep you awake and give everyone dream warrior powers

I think Elm Street would work better as a single player game.

Think of games like Eternal Darkness or the Scarecrow scenes in Arkham Asylum. Freddy would be more free to mess with the player and their expectations this way.

I know people probably want to play as Freddy but I think player control would limit the possibilities of what he could do.

I must second the concept of The Thing.  That would be totally fantastic since you could never trust any other players, unless you found a blood testing kit.