tyrant666

Which Human Variant Of Part 9 Jason Did You Enjoy The Most?...

Obviously it might be hard for people to choose if they can't stand the film at all. I don't like it much either.

I'm just wondering which (if any) Human Variant Jason took control of did you enjoy the most?

1. The Coroner

2. The Old Cop

3. The News Reporter

4. Randy

For me, I'd go Randy. Even though Jason wasn't Randy for very long. I thought it was interesting how he tricked Steven into thinking the Sheriff was actually Jason and then when he gets his hands on the baby with that smirk. I thought Jason was most creepy in that body.

I liked the news reporter. He was total beastmode, crushing skulls, breaking jawbones, taking headshots like a champ, etc.

When he crushed that one waitress's skull, he was smiling and enjoying it. That would mean that Jason is pretty sadistic rather than just vengeful.

• Like 3

Have a to agree, the news reporter for me. He was brutal. Always thought the coroner looked a bit odd, sniffing like a dog. The old cop was okay, but didn't feel too much like Jason. Randy wasn't Jason long enough for me to judge. He didn't use any mannerisms or make any kills whatsoever. 

I'm with Ralph. If the guy doing the killing ain't wearing a hockey mask, then what's the point?

Props for the film being super gory though. You know, if they just dropped the hole Jason angle and released it as "Invasion of the Butthole Snatcher", it might have faired better. 

• Like 1

I dont think i would pick any this movie is by far the worst friday the 13th

• Like 1

JGTH makes no sense. It blows the canon out of the water. Siblings? Bounty Hunters? Demon Snakes? And not to mention, by far, the worst Jason design ever. The tucked in shirt. The big bubbly head.

The sad thing is, aside for the reveal of that design, the move starts off great. It's a really great classic Friday scene and then it just devolves into nonsense. 

The weird thing is Jason has two "original" bodies in the film. After "entering" his sister's body and it forms into his old one, his old body is still in a morgue somewhere.

All thanks to that butthole snatching demon snake. 
  • Like 1

Jason x is just as bad to me. I know jx fans yada yada blah blah

Jason X only gets a pass because 1) It was the first Friday film I was old enough to see in the theaters and 2) there was no doubt it was going to be a mess. 

The experience of seeing it in the theater was great. Went with a group of about 8 friends and we counted out each kill. Good thing we were the only ones in the theater.  :lol:

Todd Farmer, the writer, is also a good dude. Also, David Cronenberg cameo is pretty cool. I'l also take that odd design over the JGTH look any day. 

• Like 1

Given the choices, the news reporter.

If anything it adds to the frustration, because imagining Jason being in that whole cafe slaughter scene instead makes me feel it could've been a classic scene for the series. It's a real rampage.

Its funny how we give Sean Cunningham so much credit for the series, when it was actually his idea to 'get that mask off of Jason' when it came to Part 9. It was one of the first things he wanted to do with Part 9 when he came back to the series.

I've always felt he was a mark for his original film and that's it. Publicly, he'll take the praise and accolades about how far the Friday the 13th has gone, along with all the money he's made from it, mostly on the back of Jason himself. Privately, I think he only really likes his original film and just assume dismisses Jason in private. Just assumption of course, not actual fact talking there. Which is also fine by the way. I've seen plenty of opinions over the years of people who prefer the original film and Pamela over any entry with Jason. Its just an opinion, everybody is entitled to what films in the series they like.

Not to be a negative nancy, but im actually quite surprised he gave the Devs the license to make the new F13 game. You figure by now, he doesn't care about the money, but I guess I'm wrong or maybe he really only cares about the money. Maybe im wrong, maybe him giving the license to the series is a way of him giving back to the fans. Hell maybe im wrong about Sean being a Jason hater. Its just this developing opinion I've got for the guy over the years.

I don't think Sean loves Jason the way John Carpenter (well more Moustapha Akkad) loved Michael Myers or Wes Craven loved Freddy.

As much as I love Friday 13th Franchise, every movie after New Blood was poorly written.
The very concept of giving Jason abbility to posses people was plain and simple - stupid.
Part 8 and part 9 stripped Jason of his Terror.

To get it back on topic. Yes the news reporter is by far the best human killing machine in the film. It's kind of a no brainer. The Coroner gets points for the titty-split, but other than that he did not do that much on screen damage. The cop was worthless. Reporter guy rampaged for a majority of the film. And all in all, Jason only gets 1 kill bear hugging Creighton Duke to death. Sigh. 

I like JGTH, but because funny and gory, of course is not the best but still have Jason on it sooooo it's awesome xD

On topic, the reporter is the best.

JGTH makes no sense. It blows the canon out of the water. Siblings? Bounty Hunters? Demon Snakes? And not to mention, by far, the worst Jason design ever. The tucked in shirt. The big bubbly head.

I think the tucked in shirt only looks bad because Kan had gained some weight when that movie was made. If it were a looser shirt I think it would have been fine.

Why would Jason bother to tuck in his shirt? Stupidity at its finest. But...the best thing about jgth was the theatrical trailer. THAT was badass. It certainly fooled us into thinking it would be epic and not an epic turd.

This thread has me 'lol'ing. :) For 24 years I never saw how ludicrously funny the notion of Jason tucking his shirt in was.

I can just picture him in a cabin, looking in a mirror...adjusting his hockey mask, checking his good side and then tucking his shirt in...before heading out to commit a massacre.

What with shaving one of his body hop victims, Jason must've been under a clean bill of tidiness and self hygiene. :)

I didn't like the bubbly head and sunken-in mask at first, but years later felt it was fitting after his encounter with toxic waste in Manhattan.

I do think it'll be a good look in the game.

Personally, I've always said that Jason Goes to Hell is a good slasher movie, but a bad Jason movie. The possession angle is actually pretty cool, Duke is a fun character, and it's got surprisingly great kills. Though, I will say I actually like Jason's appearance in this one, and overall prefer the film to Jason X.

But yeah, reporter is obviously best form, though Randy did kind of have a cool look to him.

Even if I was willing to look at them as just slashers and not Jason, I would still say their designs are way to boring. Hell I even hate Jason's look in the movie.

I hate this movie with such a passion I just can't say anything positive about it.