bewareofbears

Suggest a movie: Best (and worst) recent horror movies you've seen

206 posts in this topic

HA! LOL! I never did care for those. I did like the Wishmaster though. A real classic of that day is "WARLOCK" by Steve Miner, starring Julian Sands and the dude from Bram Stokers Dracula (Dr. Seward) as Redfern. (Great actor, he's also in the new "LOGAN").

Ive not seen the wishmaster series may be more movies i have to add to my list to watch

Ive not seen the wishmaster series may be more movies i have to add to my list to watch

"Warlock" is a must-see. Great story, great acting, great plot. The guy who plays the heroines roommate (the gay guy) is Loco from Part 3!

1 person likes this

Warlock would make a great game

1 person likes this

Original Wishmaster was ok. Following sequels, not so much.

If you want a little horror comedy in the mix try Dead Snow 1 & 2. The end of the first one has a hilarious dilemma about how far to go if you're concerned about a zombie bite.

1 person likes this

No im talking about a new one not that piece of shit lol there was a hellraiser game too for nes also

Hah yeah I figured but that's probably the closest thing there'll be.

As for topic with recent movies--

Best: Get Out, Raw

Worst: The __ __ Man, Sadako v Kayako

Ouija: Origin of Evil was better than the first but that's not saying much.

Hah yeah I figured but that's probably the closest thing there'll be.

As for topic with recent movies--

Best: Get Out, Raw

Worst: The __ __ Man, Sadako v Kayako

Ouija: Origin of Evil was better than the first but that's not saying much.

My favorite Ouija based flick will always be "Witchboard". Love that movie!

The Babadook was a great film! More story and less jump scares, my personal recommendations for a good horror film would be Woman in Black or Insidious.

1 person likes this

Has anyone seen "31" and if so is it worth the watch? I thought about picking it up but am interested if anyone can recommend it.

Has anyone seen "31" and if so is it worth the watch? I thought about picking it up but am interested if anyone can recommend it.

It's likely on par with any other Rob Zombie film- which is up to your taste.

I was super excited when he got into movies but I haven't enjoyed any of his films.

2 people like this

I recently watched april fool's day really good but being an old flick most of u probably already seen it has a couple twists at the end which i wont mention for spoiler reasons in case anyone here hasnt seen it.

PS - I should say this was recommended by powell on his youtube channel got to admit he has some good movies on those reviews ive been checking them out whenever i get the chance.

It's likely on par with any other Rob Zombie film- which is up to your taste.

I was super excited when he got into movies but I haven't enjoyed any of his films.

He's more interested in shoehorning his wife into the film then making a coherent story. After Halloween 2 he can take a long walk on a short pier as far as I'm concerned. 

1 person likes this

I know a LOT of peeps will disagree with me here, but I enjoyed the film Smiley. It is definitely not the greatest, but it is pretty scary and has a reasonably cool twist.

He's more interested in shoehorning his wife into the film then making a coherent story. After Halloween 2 he can take a long walk on a short pier as far as I'm concerned.

Couldn't agree more.

For some really decent classic offerings, try:

1. Humanoids from the Deep (Corman's take on Creature from the black Lagoon, sort of.) Starring the immortal Doug Mcclure

2. Humongous (great Canadian thriller)

3. Final Terror 81' (13th ish film)

4. The Legacy starring Sam Elliot back in 80' I believe.

5. Grizzly 77' starring Christopher George

6. Prophecy starring Talia Shire

Most of these can be viewed free on YouTube.

Couldn't agree more.

1. Humanoids from the Deep (Corman's take on Creature from the black Lagoon, sort of.) Starring the immortal Doug Mcclure

I'll have to give some of these a chance. As I recently watched Creature from the Black Lagoon for the first time, I may start with Humanoids. 

I'll have to give some of these a chance. As I recently watched Creature from the Black Lagoon for the first time, I may start with Humanoids.

One of my favs. Seen it at the drive-in, with the original "Pirahna". Be warned though, some minor rape scenes and gratuitous flesh-ripping of victims. Nothing a Friday veteran can't handle. One of Roger Corman's best flicks IMO.

One of my favs. Seen it at the drive-in, with the original "Pirahna". Be warned though, some minor rape scenes and gratuitous flesh-ripping of victims. Nothing a Friday veteran can't handle. One of Roger Corman's best flicks IMO.

Hopefully better then his Fantastic Four attempt. Sheesh, and people give Fan4stic a hard time...

I'll be able to deal with his schlock and gore if he keeps my attention. 

Love old school 80s slashers from the Golden Era. I recommend the site 'Hysteria Lives' to look movie reviews from that era up. Best slasher Web site on the Web.

Some of my favourites, in no particular order:

Prom Night, The Burning, The Prowler aka Rosemary's Killer, My Bloody Valentine, Black Christmas, Hell Night, Intruder, Maniac Cop trilogy, Eyes of a Stranger, Madman, Terror Train, Humongous, Terror Eyes aka Night School, and April Fools Day.

Favourite Giallo? Tenebrae or Bay of Blood aka Twitch of a Dead Nerve.

1 person likes this

10 Cloverfield Lane. It's not a straight up horror film, but does have the elements, and executes them well. The cast is great.

Love old school 80s slasher from the Golden Era. I recommend the site 'Hysteria Lives' to look movie reviews from that era up. Best slasher Web site on the Web.

Some of my favourites, in no particular order:

Prom Night, The Burning, The Prowler aka Rosemary's Killer, My Bloody Valentine, Black Christmas, Hell Night, Intruder, Maniac Cop trilogy, Eyes of a Stranger, Madman, Terror Train, Humongous, Terror Eyes aka Night School, and April Fools Day.

Favourite Giallo? Tenebrae or Bay of Blood aka Twitch of a Dead Nerve.

Great list! Youtube's "Retro Movies Central" has quite a bit of old schlock. Just watched "Dark Age", an Aussie film along the lines of "Rogue". Made in 87', and starring a young John Jarratt, the "Wolf Creek" killer, who also was the grieving widowed man in "Rogue". Decent film, the aborigines in it also starred in "Crocodile Dundee".

1 person likes this

Couldn't agree more.

I have the Final Terror on DVD as the imaginatively titled "Campsite Massacre" :) It just struck me, that I do not remember the film at all! Will check it out tonight. Good slasher?

I have the Final Terror on DVD as the imaginatively titled "Campsite Massacre" :) It just struck me, that I do not remember the film at all! Will check it out tonight. Good slasher?

Very underrated film. Good acting and great plot twist. Location is great as well. Has some funny moments with 'Sarge' picking on Edgar on the bus ride to the camp-site. XD