bewareofbears

Suggest a movie: Best (and worst) recent horror movies you've seen

On 12/22/2017 at 3:23 PM, DasMurich said:

I have been recently reacquainted with A Nightmare on Elm St 2. It's now, hands down, my favorite of the series. I really like the paranormal aspect of it, the haunting of Freddy as he tries to reemerge through Jessie. That and I could listen to Jessie scream all day. 

The worst horror I've recently seen is Leatherface. I was actually angry by the film's end. I can't believe that piece of shit is supposed to be a prequel to the original which, by the way, is STILL good. The entire thing is built around a bait-and-switch and there is nothing, in the end, that points to the 1974 classic.

I was IN LOVE with Jessie as a kid when that film came out.  I wanted to marry her.  Hahaha.

Watched it again this year and was like, well, times and tastes change.  Haha.

As for underrated horror film of the past 10 years, The Collector takes the cake.  The trailer is poor, but Arkan is the best anti-hero of recent times.  You hate his guts but then roles reverse and you love him.  The film is shot in Miami Vice-esqe blues and grays and is somber, sad, yet beautiful.  Very well-acted and well-done.  The script is tight as hell and really gets the emotions going.  Arkan, the anti-hero, and the Intruder are extremely intelligent and work against each other like yin and yang.  A very rewarding horror classic. The sequel, The Collection is also very good, with one of the greatest endings in a horror film in recent memory.  Check it out.

I've watch Hatchet all 3 parts and it was bad.

Jeepers Creepers 3, complete shit, waste of time.

Clown (2014) B class horror, but was OK.

Also watched all Sleepaway Camp parts (never seen them before), only the frist two parts are watchable. But it's a total rip off of F13.

@LuckyDrunkTed Jessie (in NoE2) was the main character Freddy was haunting. The boy. The totally radical guy with the glittery lightning bolt sunglasses who screamed at everything. Lmfao oh that scream. I can't get enough of it.

14 hours ago, DasMurich said:

@LuckyDrunkTed Jessie (in NoE2) was the main character Freddy was haunting. The boy. The totally radical guy with the glittery lightning bolt sunglasses who screamed at everything. Lmfao oh that scream. I can't get enough of it.

Oops! :huh:

I meant the redhead, his girlfriend! It was spelled as “Jessie” instead of “Jesse,” which I think in my inebriated state, mixed me up. Haha. I meant Lisa, his caring girlfriend. Probably one of the nicest, most-heartfelt protagonists in the slasher genre.

Worst: Christmas Evil. Totally worth it for the ending that left me needing a shot and to sleep it off.

Better Watch Out surprised me and pissed me off in a good way. I haven't yelled at my t.v. without it being a hockey game like that in a long time.

Finally saw Krampus. Totally dug it. Light-hearted, yet the toys were creepy as fuck. Fun movie.

In terms of best RECENT horror films that I've seen, I'd have to say Hush and I'm not certain if it counts but Creep. In terms of worst I've seen, I personally hate Your Next since to me the plots stupid and the characters aside from the main girl are all unlikable idiots.

I would highly recommend The Evil Dead. One of the greatest horror movies I have ever seen! I may even go as far as to say it's my new favorite. I saw it for the first time yesterday and loved it so much that I bought Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness immediately after and made it into a marathon.