MORE FRESH MEAT!!!  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What 3 tropes would you like to see in a DLC Pack?

• The Mean Girl/Bitchy Girl/Rich Girl (Melissa Part VII Inspired)
    • The Charming Guy/Dashing Guy/Guy Next Door (Rick III/Doug IV/Nick VII)
    • The Mom (Mrs Jarvis IV/Mrs Shepherd VII)
    • The Chilled Guy/Stoner (Chuck III/David VII/FvJ)
    • The Diner Girl (Lana V/Vicki IX)
    • The Lousy Doctor/Corrupt Gentleman (Dr Crews VII/Professor Lowe X)
    • The Eccentric Local (Crazy Ralph I&II/Random in III/Crazy Ethel V)
    • The Oddball/Goofball (Teddy IV/Eddie VII)
    • The Biker (Part III Crew)
    • The Hitchhiker (Annie I/Girl in IV)
    • Wheelchair Survivor! - (Mark II)
    • OTHER - Sound off below with other tropes you would like to see

C'mon, GunMedia! we want the Blonde Mean Girl and the Stoner! 

I disagree with Mean Girl being bad composed. Melissa was enough composed in the film, the only moment she gets scared is when she has Jason in front of her. i think a 5/10 in composure wouldn't be bad.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a stoner character & bitchy chick the most, to be honest. I'd like to think they won't waste their time with a wheelchair character...there'd be nothing for you to really do but wait around to get killed so I'd rather they add in characters you'll actually be able to survive with.

I'd probably like another final girl character to be added as well...if they were going to go with a character from the series, make it Ginny. We already have Jenny based after Chris, so why not one based after Ginny? I don't care enough for Alice to want her in the game in any way. Honestly, she's always been my least favorite final girl (tied with Rennie & Lori).

Hah! I was thinking about the future additions a few days ago and came to conclusion that we really need to have a bitchy girl and either a stoner or a deranged local like Ralph. Right after I discovered this topic and noticed others seem to share this sentiment.

Anyhow, since I had some spare time, I also made stats for these characters. The Mean Girl & the Stoner are based on the trope in general rather than on Melissa and Chuck; however, I based The Deranged Local solely on how I remember Ralph. I also tried to acknowledge the current stat distribution of the counselors and fill in what I felt was missing, even though some stats may have come out as a bit of stretch (All of the girls have low strength, boys lack in stealth & there is no stamina 10 character). I only wanted to add one male character so the Stoner and Ralph are alternatives to each other and have some similarities. Oh, and I couldn't decide what I want from the Hippy so I just made two sets for him.

The Mean Girl: Composure: 2 Luck: 9 Repair: 5 Speed: 5 Stamina: 6 Stealth: 3 Strength: 5
The Stoner #1: Composure: 7 Luck: 2 Repair: 1 Speed: 3 Stamina: 10 Stealth: 9 Strength: 3 
The Stoner #2: Composure: 10 Luck: 1 Repair: 3 Speed: 4 Stamina: 6 Stealth: 9 Strength: 2
Ralph: Composure: 5 Luck: 1 Repair: 5 Speed: 2 Stamina: 10 Stealth: 9 Strength: 3

Both of the 10's in stamina may be a little logic defying but I really wanted to fill the cap. I justified it with Ralph on how he moves around with bicycle even though the distance between the camps and town seem to be rather long even with a car. I gave him a low speed to make him appear old and slow, though. Ralph's stealth comes from his morph-like sneaking skills (didn't he get inside one of the cabins without anyone noticing?) and composure from making the death defying effort to warn the counselors of the killer. As for the Mean Girl, I didn't feel like most bitchy characters have high composure: instead they manipulate others to take the fatal risks for them. Manipulation takes smarts and thus she has some points in repair. She is also capable of defending herself when she runs out of "minions" with her average strength.

• Like 2

Sorry, man, no way the mean girl should have a strength level of 5 & the stoners (and Ralph) have a strength level of 2 & 3. I'm not buying that.

10 hours ago, Emperiex said:

Sorry, man, no way the mean girl should have a strength level of 5 & the stoners (and Ralph) have a strength level of 2 & 3. I'm not buying that.

How come? I figured she's probably the head of her school's cheerleaders and should have higher strength than any other girl. It would fit with the trope. As for the boys, I believe Chad has the lowest strength (also 3) at the moment. 

• Like 1

Because if we're basing said character off of Melissa, it's not believable that she'd have higher strength than the stoner & crazy local characters. Do I believe women can be stronger than guys? Absolutely. But not the bitchy girl, whose primary focus is self-preservation. If you're going to rank a female as higher than a guy in strength, it makes more sense to do so for a final girl type of character, imo.

I based her on the character trope/archetype in general. Even if Jenny has Chris' clothes, she isn't a carbon copy of her either: all of the counselors are based on the horror movie character archetypes rather than singular characters. This being the case, I didn't see a reason to force the bitchy girl to be exactly like Melissa. The bitchy girls tend to be able to give up a fight before they go even if they rely more on using others. As for gameplay, she has to be different to Tiffany who also has very survivability focused stats.

• Like 2

Mean girls never seem to be physically strong- they have beta girls or guys to do the work for them.

Strength of 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Mean girls never seem to be physically strong- they have beta girls or guys to do the work for them.

Strength of 1 or 2.

Well they are nearly always the leading cheerleader of their school, even if that part of the archetype hasn't been explored in this particular franchise. Average or even high strength wouldn't be at all out of place, seeing how they have to be able to lift people.

There aren't that many strength characters at the moment and I was trying to balance that a little and I tried to avoid making her into another Tiffany or Chad. I thought the usage of beta girls would be better represented by low composure. That way she is more likely to stop functioning when her crew is killed or she's separated from them. 

I'm definitely down for another 10 character dlc pack, hopefully more character choice will stop people constantly quitting if they're not Jason

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:13 AM, D00las said:

Well they are nearly always the leading cheerleader of their school, even if that part of the archetype hasn't been explored in this particular franchise. Average or even high strength wouldn't be at all out of place, seeing how they have to be able to lift people.

There aren't that many strength characters at the moment and I was trying to balance that a little and I tried to avoid making her into another Tiffany or Chad. I thought the usage of beta girls would be better represented by low composure. That way she is more likely to stop functioning when her crew is killed or she's separated from them. 

You can't balance there not being enough strength characters by giving the mean girl more strength than she'd actually have. If you're looking for another strong character, why not just propose that instead of trying to have the mean girl fill a role she's not supposed to?

27 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

You can't balance there not being enough strength characters by giving the mean girl more strength than she'd actually have. If you're looking for another strong character, why not just propose that instead of trying to have the mean girl fill a role she's not supposed to?

I see you chose to ignore completely the part where I explained why it would make sense. The Mean Girls usually excel at everything they do, including the sports (where cheating is not an option to achieve high results). That's why everyone wants to be like her and they follow her around to be used as her tools.

But I guess we want different things from the character. You are deadset on having Melissa specifically as a character, while I want someone who represents the Mean Girl/Alpha Bitch character archetype as a whole.

Ironic you would accuse me of ignoring what you wrote and then go on to mention Melissa, even though in the aforementioned post I said nothing about the character and spoke specifically regarding the mean girl/alpha bitch character.

Again, it doesn't make sense for said character to have a strength stat that high, which would normally be reserved for a final girl-esque character, to which Jenny, A.J. & Deborah don't even have strength that high. So why would the alpha bitch? There's a gap in logic there, that's all I'm saying.

It'd be like making the stoner guy have comparable strength to Brandon or Adam.

On 5.7.2017 at 9:36 AM, Emperiex said:

Because if we're basing said character off of Melissa[...]

I'm not looking to pick up a fight but this is how you first approached me. I had already stated I am not going to base my ideas on Melissa so I assumed this was your stance on the matter.

Final girl is more often a bland mouse who doesn't appear special in any manner on a quick glance. She relies 90% of the movie on a group or a protector and only at the very end finds herself alone. She will then survive by running, hiding and with pure luck or by figuring out there's a way to defeat the killer.  The Mean Girl, however, appears to excel at everything she does. The most common cliche attached to the relationship of these two characters is that the Mean Girl, besides her perfect self-image, notices there's something special about the Final Girl, which attracts the attention of, most commonly, the shared romantic interest. The Mean Girl becomes envious of the Final Girl and her trait she doesn't seem to have herself. This special trait is seldom physical excellency. 

If you don't give me critique on the points I have presented to back up my opinion, I don't see a reason to continue this conversation.

EDIT: I don't have strong feelings about the Stoner. I guess high composure and certain slowness would make sense. I have very conflicting thoughts on his stealth, though. I can think of just as many arguments for high stealth as for nonexistent one.

Edited by D00las
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 6:03 AM, D00las said:

I'm not looking to pick up a fight but this is how you first approached me. I had already stated I am not going to base my ideas on Melissa so I assumed this was your stance on the matter.

Final girl is more often a bland mouse who doesn't appear special in any manner on a quick glance. She relies 90% of the movie on a group or a protector and only at the very end finds herself alone. She will then survive by running, hiding and with pure luck or by figuring out there's a way to defeat the killer.  The Mean Girl, however, appears to excel at everything she does. The most common cliche attached to the relationship of these two characters is that the Mean Girl, besides her perfect self-image, notices there's something special about the Final Girl, which attracts the attention of, most commonly, the shared romantic interest. The Mean Girl becomes envious of the Final Girl and her trait she doesn't seem to have herself. This special trait is seldom physical excellency. 

If you don't give me critique on the points I have presented to back up my opinion, I don't see a reason to continue this conversation.

EDIT: I don't have strong feelings about the Stoner. I guess high composure and certain slowness would make sense. I have very conflicting thoughts on his stealth, though. I can think of just as many arguments for high stealth as for nonexistent one.

The female counselors definitely need more playstyle variety in their roster and a strenght oriented counselor would be a welcome addition.

For all the reasons you listed I think the Mean girl would be perfect for this role. A Small town/Country girl or the Mom archetype could maybe also fill it, but i think the Mean girl is the most likely first female counselor DLC so I hope she gets it.

Sadly, the devs could make a character called the Bodybuilder and her bio be "she is a very strong bodybuilder" and I can garantee that some people on this forum would still whine : " a F E M A L E bodybuilder who is stronger that your average fat nerd?!? What is this, make-believe land?! I'm not buying it!!!"

I voted for the Crazy Ralph character, the biker, and Other. My other would be the mysterious stranger with a personal vendetta against Jason. Think Rob from Part IV: The Final Chapter, or Duke from Part IX: Jason Goes to Hell, or Clay from the re-boot. I touched on the archetype in this thread: 

On 7/4/2017 at 9:46 AM, D00las said:

The Stoner #1: Composure: 7 Luck: 2 Repair: 1 Speed: 3 Stamina: 10 Stealth: 9 Strength: 3 
The Stoner #2: Composure: 10 Luck: 1 Repair: 3 Speed: 4 Stamina: 6 Stealth: 9 Strength: 2
Ralph: Composure: 5 Luck: 1 Repair: 5 Speed: 2 Stamina: 10 Stealth: 9 Strength: 3

Personally I think Stoner's get angry without even their own awareness to it. Also I think Stoning for most peopel causes a sort of neuroticism, they just get all bugged out and start doing dumb stuff to entertain themselves very vibrantly.

I'd prefer:

Composure: 5

Luck: 7

Repair: 7

Stamina: 5 (Not fit, but so stoned he just goes like an energizer bunny)

Stealth: 5 (Sleek enough to hide, but still a stoner, like an idiot who talks to himself because he is so out of his mind)

Strength: 3 

Speed: 3

Anyhow I think we need a male character with more repair than Adam but less than Lachappa and I think the stoner could fill it nicely. Yeah he's a stoner, but that doesn't mean he's an idiot. He just kind sees everything in surreal slo-mo.

35 minutes ago, Pikalicious said:

Personally I think Stoner's get angry without even their own awareness to it. Also I think Stoning for most peopel causes a sort of neuroticism, they just get all bugged out and start doing dumb stuff to entertain themselves very vibrantly.

I'd prefer:

Composure: 5

Luck: 7

Repair: 7

Stamina: 5 (Not fit, but so stoned he just goes like an energizer bunny)

Stealth: 5 (Sleek enough to hide, but still a stoner, like an idiot who talks to himself because he is so out of his mind)

Strength: 3 

Speed: 3

Anyhow I think we need a male character with more repair than Adam but less than Lachappa and I think the stoner could fill it nicely. Yeah he's a stoner, but that doesn't mean he;s an idiot. He just kind sees everything in surreal slo-mo.

You have never been stoned, have you? ?

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:02 PM, SexDrugs&Tea said:

The female counselors definitely need more playstyle variety in their roster and a strenght oriented counselor would be a welcome addition.

For all the reasons you listed I think the Mean girl would be perfect for this role. A Small town/Country girl or the Mom archetype could maybe also fill it, but i think the Mean girl is the most likely first female counselor DLC so I hope she gets it.

Sadly, the devs could make a character called the Bodybuilder and her bio be "she is a very strong bodybuilder" and I can garantee that some people on this forum would still whine : " a F E M A L E bodybuilder who is stronger that your average fat nerd?!? What is this, make-believe land?! I'm not buying it!!!"

Not really...I don't see anybody whining if you make a bodybuilder character strong versus taking the mean girl and giving her higher strength than even the final girl-esque characters. I'd rather that be done since it'd be realistic, whereas making the bitch have a strength level of 5 would be, imo, completely inane.

And I'd be in favor of a hunter type character...in fact, let's just get Creighton Duke himself in this damn thing. That'd be awesome.

"They're all dead"

"I don't believe you" *files nails*

Melissa-esque totally needs 8/10 composure. 

Imagine if they included Chilli from 3? 1/10 composure "Shelly's daiiiiiddddd"

• Like 1

I think a Chilli type character should have at least a composure of 4-5/10. She did have bigger balls than Chuck & didn't scare nearly as easily as he did.

My thinking with a Mean Girl is still that the multiplayer game is the part of the film where Jason is right there, you've all seen him, he's after you. Not the proceeding acts where he can be ignored.

Totally agree that her denial and self-centered nature means she wouldn't believe it otherwise, but Melissa freezes up and Tamara breaks down when actually confronted by Jason and they're easily killed.

I don't quite know what overall stats I'd do for a Mean Girl, but I'd definitely want to have that counselor type in the game and I'd personally think of her with a low Composure.

Tamara is filth so we shall remove her from the equation lol.

Melissa did freeze in shock and was subsequently met with the axe, but she was hardly hysterical or emotional. Had she been aware sooner I'd say she would be fairly focused on her own survival.

Ultimately though her stats will likely be similar to Jenny, with maybe less composure and a tad more stealth. That is if the devs answer my prayers and base her off QUEEN MELISSA.

• Like 1