MORE FRESH MEAT!!!  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What 3 tropes would you like to see in a DLC Pack?

• The Mean Girl/Bitchy Girl/Rich Girl (Melissa Part VII Inspired)
    • The Charming Guy/Dashing Guy/Guy Next Door (Rick III/Doug IV/Nick VII)
    • The Mom (Mrs Jarvis IV/Mrs Shepherd VII)
    • The Chilled Guy/Stoner (Chuck III/David VII/FvJ)
    • The Diner Girl (Lana V/Vicki IX)
    • The Lousy Doctor/Corrupt Gentleman (Dr Crews VII/Professor Lowe X)
    • The Eccentric Local (Crazy Ralph I&II/Random in III/Crazy Ethel V)
    • The Oddball/Goofball (Teddy IV/Eddie VII)
    • The Biker (Part III Crew)
    • The Hitchhiker (Annie I/Girl in IV)
    • Wheelchair Survivor! - (Mark II)
    • OTHER - Sound off below with other tropes you would like to see

Second attempt at posting this, wish me luck :D

So we have discussed all over the forums in various topics the kind of counselors we would like to see as potential future DLC. With pre-orders coming in, hopefully this will be a DLC pack we will see in the future that was part of the stretch goals which was of 3 more counselor tropes to add more variety.

I have compiled a list of various character tropes from the films as well as an OTHER option for you to sound off on types you would definitely like to see. Keep in mind this is not to discuss potential other HERO characters but just what the next 3 characters may be IF we get them.

Some abilities I could think of could be like the Hitchiker could carry a car part in their backpack as well as a weapon (have more inventory slots) which would make them useful as part of a team to move more items hastily. The corrupted character (Dr Crews/Melissa/Professor Lowe) types could actually have an ability to flag someone else on the map for Jason in order to distract from themselves. Maybe the Mom character could give a temp Composure boost to other characters in their company? Sky is the limit :D

• Like 4

Wheelchair Survivor was a stretch goal, I am sure they had some ideas for his escape methods (Mark was quite athletic, maybe he would bunny hop that wheelchair right out the window? haha)

• Like 1

The Chilled Guy/Stoner (Chuck III/David VII/FvJ), The Charming Guy/Dashing Guy/Guy Next Door (Rick III/Doug IV/Nick VII) and The Eccentric Local (Crazy Ralph I&II/Random in III/Crazy Ethel V) are my choices.

Need the stoner first and foremost. :lol:

• Like 2

Ok so obviously ive been wanting a stoner since the day i learned about the game so i voted for that, but a trap I hadnt thought about that you put in the voting options is the Mom.

I would love to run around Crystal Lake as a mom trying to save the counselors haha, theres some great roleplay potential. Also imagine if Pamela ever makes it in as a playable killer?? MOM SHOWDOWN

I'm not sure I'd like to see any adult characters, despite there being plenty in the films. They'd just feel out of place in the game we have right now... to me anyway.

I would like to see:

The Mean Girl (like Melissa from 7)

The Pretty Boy (like Scott from 2)

The Shy Girl/Guy (like Sarah from 4)

The Outcast (like Eddie from 7)

So I voted for Mean Girl.

Mom on Mom action? :X

So I probably should have elaborated in my original post who I had voted for and why.

Firstly, the Bitchy/Mean/Rich Melissa girl is the trope I really want to see most overall, and judging by the votes already so do a lot of the community. She would fill the void of the blonde girl survivor as well as be an interesting character archetype as she could almost be roleplayed as an anti-hero if you so chose.

The Mom is my second vote, as I think this is another trope very different to the already existing group of counselor kids. Would certainly add more variety and could come with a unique skill set that would benefit the younger counselors if players worked together as a team.

My third was Wheelchair Survivor, and even though I know he is very unlikely to be included in the next DLC pack as he was one of the last stretch goals (he would require serious amount of dollars out of the budget to be incorporated), I think it would just be so cool. In his place, in regards to actual possible DLC in the coming few months I would probably replace him with the Chilled/Stoner Guy as he is another trope that is unique from the rest. I just hope they make him cute like David and not some low rent Cheech and Chong like Chuck bahahaha.

ADDITIONAL: Cimmerz, you can vote for multiple tropes (though voting for just 3 for DLC purposes would reflect what the community would like to see next). The Pretty guy I guess could be the Dashing Guy I included, and I did include the Oddball Eddie if you wanted to edit your vote to include both of those tropes as well :D

I voted for the corrupt gentleman because out of the needed "evil" characters I like this idea.

I also voted for the eccentric local and the wheelchair survivor Mark.

What about "the goverment official/sheriff" who would have access to "heavier" weaponry and be about to craft "jailed" holding traps/spaces.

Or what about "the scientist" someone who comes to Crystal Lake to study the legend of Jason Voorhees...

I considered a Sheriff-like character such as Megan's dad but thought it might negate the fact of calling the police to be rescued. Would make sense that he would be armed with at least a shotgun. Would also raise the question why he is there and why he hadn't already contacted other police? Spawning with a firearm could make him more like a Hero character and the DLC pack would just be for regular characters.

Mean Girl and Stoner are the two I'd definitely like to see added in the future. Those are the two other stand-out tropes I think of when it comes to the characters in the F13th films.

I agree with Cimmerz in that I prefer it when it's within the same kind of age group, really. Throwing in an older character would feel a little out of place, even as much as the jerkass adults like Dr. Crews or McCulloch from Part VIII can be a staple.
It just has a better suiting vibe when it's these "young, pretty" types running about.

Not so sure on my third choice...I'd say the Biker but the Edgy Guy may have that covered.

would love to see Melissa from part 7. Not sure what her abilities would really be though. She's a terrible person so I'm not sure what benefits she would bring to the group.

The stoner and funny guy would be good to also have. I could see them having a high fear resistance and a type of aoe that would calm people down.

Crazy Ralph would be amazing as an NPC that ran around. I know I mentioned this in another post.

The wheelchair guy, as interesting as it sounds, probably wouldn't make it very far. I could see him having super speed on paths and roads, but couldn't really escape out windows or do stairs. Getting into a car could be very tricky.

would love to see Melissa from part 7. Not sure what her abilities would really be though. She's a terrible person so I'm not sure what benefits she would bring to the group.

The stoner and funny guy would be good to also have. I could see them having a high fear resistance and a type of aoe that would calm people down.

Crazy Ralph would be amazing as an NPC that ran around. I know I mentioned this in another post.

The wheelchair guy, as interesting as it sounds, probably wouldn't make it very far. I could see him having super speed on paths and roads, but couldn't really escape out windows or do stairs. Getting into a car could be very tricky.

I thought about Mark being in the stretch goals and I think if they do implement him, there could be a teamwork element implemented.

For example, lets say Mark has the arm muscles to throw himself through a window, he would then be forced to crawl around on the floor of the cabin he lands in, but another counselor could grab the wheelchair through the window and bring it inside, so that he could move around.

Same would go for going outside through the window, a counselor inside could pass you your wheelchair, if they don't you'd be stuck on the ground outside

Would be fun with friends, trying to keep em alive with this added difficulty, but with randoms I'd be scared of trolls xd

• Like 1

I can see Mark being left behind. Poor guy dives through a window and no one throws his chair through. lol I'm terrible for laughing but picturing Mark diving in and then someone throwing his chair through a window at him. And if you're being chased by Jason and you manage to dive in and your "friends" run off to save themselves, you're kinda screwed.

• Like 1

Melissa/Rich Girl would definitely have high composure. Remember when she gave no f*cks when Nick was telling her everyone was dead? That is some stoic resolve right there. She only really momentarily panicked moments before the axe plunged in to her head.

I guess she would have good stealth as well, all that spying on Tina and Nick without being detected would have truly honed her skills :P Finally maybe some okay stamina, she bounced around that campground pretty well without breaking a sweat.

I keep seeing Mark getting the head stomp kill.....HORRIBLE :X

• Like 4

I would like to see Crazy Ralph and Abel from Part III implemented as random NPCs. They could be wandering the woods, rambling on about "being doomed" or hidden inside a cupboard or outhouse. It would add to the authenticity and they wouldn't be in every game, a coded dice roll at the beginning would determine their inclusion. Maybe a 1/8 chance.

Jason can of course slaughter them for some added bonus XP, they could raise the counselor who discovered them's fear slightly...whilst providing a much needed distraction for the counselors as the XP hit would be worth it for Jason as they wouldn't be in every game played.

If a Lazarus map ever came to fruition, the same mechanics could be lifted and used for the Part VIII "Deckhand" character.

• Like 3

There should be randomly generated "events/missions/items" that are secrets to do or find as side missions/tasks to complete for unlockables/xp/etc. If Ralph,Abel,Deckhand appears they will give you a clue to what was randomly generated to do. Seeing them would be rare. But without their clue you wouldnt know what to search for. They would tell you the clue and leave while saying "Your alll doooomed" or something similar.

• Like 2

The roleplaying potential of the Melissa character is amazing. Doesn't anybody else just want to call over the mic, "F*ck you both!" and leave your fellow counselors for dead? ;)

PLUS, iconic moments such as the open door/axe to head can be re-enacted bahahah. 

melissa4.giff13-melissa.jpg

In seriousness, I always kind of hoped Melissa could have been the survivor alongside Tina rather than Nick, would've changed it up a lot and *gasp* could have resulted in character growth for Ms. Dynasty. Playing through and surviving as the Mean Girl gives us the opportunity to create the narratives we would have liked to have seen and can lend a lot to role-playing for those players so inclined. 

• Like 9

Great poll!

I voted for the bitchy woman, the wheelchair survivor (because Mark is a badass, right?) and the eccentric guy - I would love a Crazy Ralph type of a person screaming "you are all doomed!"

So just further to this, do you think we could just possibly get a surprise counselor on release that was never shown to us prior? I've been reading a few posts on reddit and a few posters there seem to believe that it is *possible* we may get one more as Tommy is considered a Hero.

It is all speculation, and likely not true, but always good to have the conversation :D

• Like 1